• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Portland,Oregon

cabse5

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Portland, Oregon presents itself with a 'We shall overcome' opportunity after the journalist was bludgeoned by ANTIFA and unprotected by police.

Water hoses and biting police dogs came to mind as the journalist was pummeled walking the downtown streets of Portland.

Portland, Oregon presents itself with a 'We shall overcome' opportunity after the journalist was bludgeoned by ANTIFA and unprotected by police.

Water hoses and biting police dogs came to mind as the journalist was pummeled walking the downtown streets of Portland.
He walked directly into the crowd of Antifa lol. You'd think he was just a random journalist strolling down the street in downtown Portland, he was well known to the Antifa in Portland, and hated and yet chose to proceed. That doesn't absolve the Antifa members, but for me it absolves Ngo of ANY sympathy. He asked for this as a stunt, and the fact that he posses for a Journalist is a sad state for institution of Journalism.

I love how you're equating the plight of Conservatives (this is really just the alt-right and far right that are really involved at these protests) to the struggle of blacks in America. I thought Conservatives were against the Viticimization culture? I guess not when it benefits your narratives that you want to spin.

He walked directly into the crowd of Antifa lol. You'd think he was just a random journalist strolling down the street in downtown Portland, he was well known to the Antifa in Portland, and hated and yet chose to proceed. That doesn't absolve the Antifa members, but for me it absolves Ngo of ANY sympathy. He asked for this as a stunt, and the fact that he posses for a Journalist is a sad state for institution of Journalism.

I love how you're equating the plight of Conservatives (this is really just the alt-right and far right that are really involved at these protests) to the struggle of blacks in America. I thought Conservatives were against the Viticimization culture? I guess not when it benefits your narratives that you want to spin.

If you review history, the same type of 'we don't want you here' sentiment over black integration in schools, restaurants, public restrooms, etc., prevailed. I suppose you're advocating that violence with the water hoses and police dogs thinking it acceptable?

If you review history, the same type of 'we don't want you here' sentiment over black integration in schools, restaurants, public restrooms, etc., prevailed. I suppose you're advocating that violence with the water hoses and police dogs thinking it acceptable?
Continue on with this Conservatives are the Blacks of the early 20th Century narrative, this is entertaining.

He asked for it.....

Classic.

He asked for it.....

Classic.
Watch the video, he literally walks into the group of Antifa. He was counting on being hit, just probably not so hard. I'm not defending it or saying he deserved it, just saying that this was likely a STUNT.

Watch the video, he literally walks into the group of Antifa. He was counting on being hit, just probably not so hard. I'm not defending it or saying he deserved it, just saying that this was likely a STUNT.

It's his job to report. He was there with his camera equipment. ANTIFA didn't like being recorded. Especially by him.

It took balls. Far more balls than the ANTIFA cowards display.

They mayor has changed his tune, since a RNC centric lawyer is going to sue everything that moved that day that was under his watch, including his pet goldfish. This does not exclude a possible civil rights investigation.

You just can’t let body armored masked thugs operate like a paramilitary organization in any American city, period.

It's his job to report.
For whom?

He was there with his camera equipment.
Any idiot has a camera now.

ANTIFA didn't like being recorded. Especially by him.

What was he going to record? Them screaming "NO HATE" and having their faces concealed? Mind blowing coverage, no the camera was to record him getting beat up, while he purposefully walked into a very dangerous situation.

What do you think would happen to a member of Antifa if he all alone walked into a Neo-Nazi group or Proud Boys group. Do you think he would be treated with civility?

For whom?

Any idiot has a camera now.

What was he going to record? Them screaming "NO HATE" and having their faces concealed? Mind blowing coverage, no the camera was to record him getting beat up, while he purposefully walked into a very dangerous situation.

What do you think would happen to a member of Antifa if he all alone walked into a Neo-Nazi group or Proud Boys group. Do you think he would be treated with civility?

Wow.

You belive ANTIFA only screams "NO HATE"?

Where have you been?

Wow.

Where have you been?
That's what they were screaming when they hit Ngo. My point is that there is probably nothing interesting being said, beyond expletives and chants, and there are others on the side who are recording what is going on. One can go watch Antifa clips all day long on YouTube, what else can a Proud Boy "no fap" get off to? Its not like there was some major revelation to be gained by walking directly through the Antifa group. He only counted on being attacked, which shows his level of Journalistic standards which are none.

Wow.

Where have you been?

What's funny is ANTIFA hatefully screams "No Hate." ANTIFA, what an oxymoron.

That's what they were screaming when they hit Ngo. My point is that there is probably nothing interesting being said, beyond expletives and chants, and there are others on the side who are recording what is going on. One can go watch Antifa clips all day long on YouTube, what else can a Proud Boy "no fap" get off to? Its not like there was some major revelation to be gained by walking directly through the Antifa group. He only counted on being attacked, which shows his level of Journalistic standards which are none.

All that typing...

Why does an act of journalism trigger you so?

His lean?

All that typing...

His lean?
You're the ones that are triggered, look at conservative media. And this was a stunt, he knew he was going to be attacked and he threw himself in front of danger. He is not a Journalist.

If the cowards claim they stand for truth, justice and democracy why hide their faces and body parts that show tattoos. Why not confront one man with only one man? Why did they need fifty people? You know the right will retaliate and hopefully in a much more violent fashion.

It's his job to report. He was there with his camera equipment. ANTIFA didn't like being recorded. Especially by him.

Baloney. My nephew was at the last big dust up in Portland as an actual reporter, he even rode on the bus with the proud boys. He filmed antifa, nothing happened to him.

BTW, the documentary he contributed to won the RFK and Murrow awards in journalism.

Graduate level university journalists, not some rightwing kook with a blog.

Hate In America | Hate in America | News21

(and before you start up...I decry violence on all sides, violence is never the answer, both sides are wrong to use violence)

All that typing...

His lean?

Where is the line between journalist and provocateur in your mind?

Bludgeoned journalist? Are you referring to the Right Wing agitator who was sprayed with Silly String?

He provoked them by filming them.

He is only the latest and most visible example of ANTIFA going after those who document them.

No, he created enemies by doxing people, one of whom had her neck broken. Thanks

He provoked them by filming them.

He is only the latest and most visible example of ANTIFA going after those who document them.

He has a long history with ANTIFA, including doxxing some of them. I'm not condoning violence against him here but the more I have read on this makes me think it was a stunt on his part. check out his journalism on Muslims in the UK. Total BS reporting of lies.

So much crying about a fake organization from the internet that punched someone. Antifa has not been accredited with a single death anywhere in the country. And we're supposed to ignore nazis and worry about Antifa.

Antifa is a "look over there" for racists.

He has a long history with ANTIFA, including doxxing some of them. I'm not condoning violence against him here but the more I have read on this makes me think it was a stunt on his part. check out his journalism on Muslims in the UK. Total BS reporting of lies.

Inconvenient facts like the bold are always ignored when they get in the way of making a dishonest point.

ANTIFA does not like anyone recording them..... As they use a camera to film any time one of their own get smacked down.

Back
Top Bottom