• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler Speaks On Trump Party Inciting the Violence In The Peaceful Protests

Old 'N Chill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Mayor Wheeler appears at minute 12:35, so you'll need to fast forward. I just caught a few minutes of this on the news today, and what Mayor Wheeler is saying is true, and needs to be said out loud. He specifically calls out Trump for not acknowledging those black Americans killed by police for no valid reason in this country and for siding with the White Supremacists who are behind all the violence. I respect and admire Ted Wheeler for telling the truth and speaking out, I hope more will follow his lead.

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler took aim at U.S. President Donald Trump on Sunday after a person was killed amid clashes between Trump supporters and Black Lives Matter protesters on the streets of Portland, Oregon, on Saturday evening.

Wheeler said Saturday's events began with "hundreds of cars filled with supporters of the president" and that they were "supported and energized by the president himself." "It's you who have created the hate and the division," said Wheeler.

"It's you, who have not found a way to say the names of Black people killed by police officers even as people in law enforcement have. And it's you who have claimed white supremacists are good people."
The man shot and killed was a supporter of the far-right group Patriot Prayer. Joey Gibson, head of the group based in Washington state, told The Associated Press the man who was shot to death Saturday night was a “good friend,” although he did not identify him.

Portland Police Bureau Chief Chuck Lovell was asked if the National Guard was needed to assist, but he said they are not needed at this point.

I watched the press conference and Wheeler is completely delusional. He stood there claiming to condemn violence while coddling the assholes that have been attacking his police, his parks and his constituents for three damned months! It's utterly disgusting that now that one of the people he hass been coddling appears to have killed a Trump supporter that he comes out to "condemn violence". Everybody knows what he means. He condemns people that oppose the kind of violence he approves of.

Mayor Wheeler appears at minute 12:35, so you'll need to fast forward. I just caught a few minutes of this on the news today, and what Mayor Wheeler is saying is true, and needs to be said out loud. He specifically calls out Trump for not acknowledging those black Americans killed by police for no valid reason in this country and for siding with the White Supremacists who are behind all the violence. I respect and admire Ted Wheeler for telling the truth and speaking out, I hope more will follow his lead.

Lol @ him trying to blame Trump for his city burning. Im amazed at how stupid progressives think people are.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Damn, that guy is worthless. Talk about hypocrisy. He encourages protests and practically took sides with rioters over law enforcement, but oh noes, someone he doesn’t like is using their same freedom of speech, suddenly the violence is Trump’s fault. Frankly, I knew it. Lefties have spent months saying how much more important freedom of speech is than freedom to work or worship but that flies right out the window when it’s someone they disagree with.

I watched the press conference and Wheeler is completely delusional. He stood there claiming to condemn violence while coddling the assholes that have been attacking his police, his parks and his constituents for three damned months! It's utterly disgusting that now that one of the people he hass been coddling appears to have killed a Trump supporter that he comes out to "condemn violence". Everybody knows what he means. He condemns people that oppose the kind of violence he approves of.

So typical, isn’t it? Turn a near complete blind eye to rioting but the first time someone protests or demonstrates for something he doesn’t like and they’re the problem.

Hear! Hear!

He's not the greatest speaker, but that was a nice direct passage. He said everything
I believe.

This sounded like Ted Wheeler's "I take no responsibility" moment.

So typical, isn’t it? Turn a near complete blind eye to rioting but the first time someone protests or demonstrates for something he doesn’t like and they’re the problem.

It's more than that. Both he and Biden came out today to "condemn violence" but they didn't do that until after it started to look like the Kenosha kid has a solid self-defense claim and now a pro-Trump guy gets shot in Portland. The Democrats are finally starting to figure out that these riots aren't going to help then in November and they are trying to spin it all toward Trump. It's kind of fascinating, in a way that after four years of Trump the ONLY thing Democrats are campaigning on is "We Hate Trump!".

Supporters for Trump parade through Portland, and somehow it's Trump's fault? It doesn't have anything to do with the local leadership of Portland and/or state leadership's inability or desire to calm the chaos? It is Mayor Wheeler who declined federal law enforcement and National Guard assistance .. not Trump. Change your skinny jeans Mayor Wheeler so you can grow some bigger balls.

Keep it up Mayor Wheeler .. you're only helping Trump the longer you let the chaos continue. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom