• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Portland gas station attendant refused to sell gas to Black man over protest fires, lawsuit claims

I think it depends more on the brewing method than the temperature.

For example, using the brewing tool I mentioned previously, I make coffee at 170-180 degrees water temp, and it tastes fine to me even much later when it's barely tepid.
I don't think I could reasonably drink coffee that was over 180 degrees, and even that might be too hot.
I would have to sip it, and that cools it down.

I expect McDonalds wanted it at 180 so it would still be plenty hot after cooling down during the customers drive.
I agree that they probably had it higher so people could drive with it. But that means that it is not unreasonable to expect people to understand that coffee they get from restaurants will be as hot as that you make at home, which all can burn you. 180 causes burns in the same amount of time, to the same degree as 190. I posted the chart.

Yeah, right.
If you are not scientifically savvy, you may not know that you can superheat liquids in a microwave. FACT.

Superheating Water in a Microwave. Boiling of water occurs when bubbles of water vapor expand in liquid water and are released at its surface. When water is heated in a microwave, it may remain undisturbed during the heating process so that there are no nucleation sites around which bubbles may form.
How Superheating Works - Water in a Microwave
www.thoughtco.com/how-superheating-works-609436
www.thoughtco.com/how-superheating-works-609436

How does race have anything to do with this at all? Nothing in the video suggests any racial motivations. Nothing.

Actually, if not a legal gas can, the station can be fined and the person working there allowing this can be prosecuted and jailed over it.

The employee made the right decision. Good for him.

It appeared, from glimpses in the video, to be a standard gallon gas can. The attendant refused to fill any gas can, stating that he would only put gas in a car or lawnmower. To expand, this was in July, at the height of the Portland protests, when the daily gatherings had over a 1000 people, and people really were setting things on fire every night, and trying to set the courthouse on fire.

I don't think it was a bad idea to refuse to sell gas for containers - but the gas station owner said it wasn't their policy.

Back
Top Bottom