• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Port Deal All Politics

Do you agree with this thread?

• Total voters

freedomwriter

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I just had to say something about this port deal. FYI the british have been in and controlling/helping run the emirates for many years. So you can put together the math on DP World buying out the British run P&O! Another thing who really owns DP World? Isnt it a conflict of interest if any UAE political figures have any type on interest in this company, and has Bush done background checks on all interested parties? I hope to hell Bush didnt OK this deal just to please the britts. They will get paid generously on the sale! And why isnt any so called news networks speaking about this, are they scared to step on someones pocketbook?

I am no way against this DP World or the emirates, but I sure would not want the UAE government anywhere close to politics in the states. not because of their religion. ( my husband is an arab descendent) but this county actually filters internet access to the residents of UAE. (along with most all arabic speaking countries). This means the UAE and my interests are never going to be the same. (they even recently shut down a blog site) That is why i have chosen my id to be freedomwriter! Although, I have had many past words twords america's bullying ways, and the way people are treated if we get our feet stepped on but I can say this from real life experiance that no way in hell do i ever want to be controlled by the governemnt. I am an adult and I want to do,watch, surf, say etc. whatever and whenever I want!

I hope everyone feels the same and I wish everyone had the same freedom the we americans enjoy.

freedomwriter said:
I just had to say something about this port deal. FYI the british have been in and controlling/helping run the emirates for many years. So you can put together the math on DP World buying out the British run P&O! Another thing who really owns DP World? Isnt it a conflict of interest if any UAE political figures have any type on interest in this company, and has Bush done background checks on all interested parties? I hope to hell Bush didnt OK this deal just to please the britts. They will get paid generously on the sale! And why isnt any so called news networks speaking about this, are they scared to step on someones pocketbook?

I am no way against this DP World or the emirates, but I sure would not want the UAE government anywhere close to politics in the states. not because of their religion. ( my husband is an arab descendent) but this county actually filters internet access to the residents of UAE. (along with most all arabic speaking countries). This means the UAE and my interests are never going to be the same. (they even recently shut down a blog site) That is why i have chosen my id to be freedomwriter! Although, I have had many past words twords america's bullying ways, and the way people are treated if we get our feet stepped on but I can say this from real life experiance that no way in hell do i ever want to be controlled by the governemnt. I am an adult and I want to do,watch, surf, say etc. whatever and whenever I want!

I hope everyone feels the same and I wish everyone had the same freedom the we americans enjoy.

It's always about politics.

Back
Top Bottom