• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Porky Pig: U.S. Tax Payers get Clubbed

Logician Man

Zenyatta
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
So I did a google search to see how much of our U.S. tax dollars were spent on Trump's golf trips. You remember Trump? The guy who went on public record while campaigning, as professing, "he would be too busy working to play golf'? Anyway, according to the info I found, in 2020, alone, from January through October, U.S. tax payers spent 140,000,000 dollars on Trump's golf outings; most at his own facilities. He spent 22% of his days as POTUS playing golf. Back to the math. That 140,000,000 dollars U.S. tax dollars spent so Trump could hit a golf ball could have bought 14,000 - 100,000 dollar homes/condos for poor/needy families, housing 56,000 Americans ( minimal) based on a family average of 4 per family. No mortgage payment. Run that math out over his 4 years as POTUS, and that comes out to 56,000 totally paid for 100,000 dollar houses/condos housing 224,000 Americans, based on a family of 4. Again, no mortgage payments. What are your thoughts on these numbers, and the bang for the buck comparing rounds of golf played ( 600,000 dollars per round, BTW), and the number of homes that money could have bought for Americans?

So I did a google search to see how much of our U.S. tax dollars were spent on Trump's golf trips. You remember Trump? The guy who went on public record while campaigning, as professing, "he would be too busy working to play golf'? Anyway, according to the info I found, in 2020, alone, from January through October, U.S. tax payers spent 140,000,000 dollars on Trump's golf outings; most at his own facilities. He spent 22% of his days as POTUS playing golf. Back to the math. That 140,000,000 dollars U.S. tax dollars spent so Trump could hit a golf ball could have bought 14,000 - 100,000 dollar homes/condos for poor/needy families, housing 56,000 Americans ( minimal) based on a family average of 4 per family. No mortgage payment. Run that math out over his 4 years as POTUS, and that comes out to 56,000 totally paid for 100,000 dollar houses/condos housing 224,000 Americans, based on a family of 4. Again, no mortgage payments. What are your thoughts on these numbers, and the bang for the buck comparing rounds of golf played ( 600,000 dollars per round, BTW), and the number of homes that money could have bought for Americans?
Yeah, but it was the only exercise he got, and he took two strokes off his handicap, so it must have been worth it.

Back
Top Bottom