• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Population Decline

Population Decline

• Total voters
DeeJayH said:
NOT EVEN CLOSE
sorry charlie, better luck next time
i offer the irresponsible idiots a choice
Eugenics is Forced, or cant you read
Thus why I said you ascribe to the eugenics philosophy, not the movement. Learn to read.

aquapub said:
Yes, the average American does, especially when someone threatens to take away parts of American heritage/tradition. Look at the polls they keep doing in California (yes, even in California) where they ask residents if they support removing all things Christmas from their schools. They always OVERWHELMINGLY reject the idea...because they DO give a rat's *** about these things. But the average American is mildly right of center, hence, they have a shred or two of affection for their country (i.e., patriotism).

You're such an ***. Conservatives don't have a monopoly on patriotism.

aquapub said:
Right after you postured with this post, you responded to the part where I answered your question. Do you ever review your comically irrational posts before you post them?
No, you did not answer the question at all. Here's your response.
aquapub said:
It is not this complicated. Jesus.
Jesus is a heritage? Legacy?

aquapub said:
People from here are more likely to cherish our own unique heritage and legacies than foreigners. Diversity isn't even in the ballpark of what I am talking about.
More of this heritage and legacy concept. So is it Jesus or what? What's the heritage aqua.

aquapub said:
You think the average Mexican could give a rat's a$$ about the 4th of July, George Washington, the Declaration of Independance, constitutionalism, separation of church and state, etc., etc.?
Why would another national need to care about the 4th of July?

So as I've shown here, you've not responded to my question at all. The only response you gave was Jesus. Yet I'm more then certain that per the establishment clause of the constitution that there is to be freedom of religion. Adherance to Jesus alone would then be in violation of that clause as well as seem to go against the very essense of what the founding fathers had established - heritage/legacy.

Perhaps it's your reading and comprehension capabilities that were not as emphasized during racist school, thus I can understand why you have trouble with the question. So let me ask you one more time, what is the american heritage, what are the american legacies?

aquapub said:
Yes, the average American does, especially when someone threatens to take away parts of American heritage/tradition. Look at the polls they keep doing in California (yes, even in California) where they ask residents if they support removing all things Christmas from their schools. They always OVERWHELMINGLY reject the idea...because they DO give a rat's *** about these things. But the average American is mildly right of center, hence, they have a shred or two of affection for their country (i.e., patriotism).
You really don't understand what heritage or legacy are do you?
Christmas is not a heritage, it's a religion.
The average american knows more about the Simpsons then they do about the constitution. You're clearly demonstrating that knowledge right here.

Here this may help you out a bit.
HTML:
heritage
One entry found for heritage.
Main Entry: her·i·tage
Pronunciation: 'her-&-tij
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from heriter to inherit, from Late Latin hereditare, from Latin hered-, heres heir -- more at HEIR
1 : property that descends to an heir
2 a : something transmitted by or acquired from a predecessor : LEGACY, INHERITANCE b : TRADITION
3 : something possessed as a result of one's natural situation or birth : BIRTHRIGHT <the nation's heritage of tolerance>

HTML:
legacy
One entry found for legacy.
Main Entry: leg·a·cy
Pronunciation: 'le-g&-sE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -cies
Etymology: Middle English legacie office of a legate, bequest, from Middle French or Medieval Latin; Middle French, office of a legate, from Medieval Latin legatia, from Latin legatus
1 : a gift by will especially of money or other personal property : BEQUEST
2 : something transmitted by or received from an ancestor or predecessor or from the past <the legacy of the ancient philosophers>

Now as for going back on topic.
Population decline, yes it would be a good thing. The world just isn't big enough to support such a large population of people. Every person requires vast energies in order to live. However with high growth rates there would be inevitably a large population of those in poverty. Not everyone is going to be able to live without someone in poverty.
Then there's the large issue of pottable water, irrigation water, sanitary water and sewage treatment.
Agricultural land, agricultural production.
Finally disease, larger populations living in close proximities are more prone to diseases.

Bottom line, a drop in population from the current numbers would be greatly beneficial.

jfuh said:
Now as for going back on topic.
Population decline, yes it would be a good thing. The world just isn't big enough to support such a large population of people. Every person requires vast energies in order to live. However with high growth rates there would be inevitably a large population of those in poverty. Not everyone is going to be able to live without someone in poverty.
Then there's the large issue of pottable water, irrigation water, sanitary water and sewage treatment.
Agricultural land, agricultural production.
Finally disease, larger populations living in close proximities are more prone to diseases.

Bottom line, a drop in population from the current numbers would be greatly beneficial.

good
than not only won't you address the eugenics accusation honestly
but we can look forward to you NEVER breeding
your bloodline ends with you, and that thrills me no end

afr0byte said:
You're such an ***. Conservatives don't have a monopoly on patriotism.

The facts, and the Left's own words tell a different story. Largely, conservatives do have a monopoly. Deal with it. ;)

jfuh said:
No, you did not answer the question at all. Here's your response.
Jesus is a heritage? Legacy?

More of this heritage and legacy concept. So is it Jesus or what? What's the heritage aqua...

So let me ask you one more time, what is the american heritage, what are the american legacies?

Ok sparky, let's spell it out...Here's my post:

aquapub said:
1) It is not this complicated. Jesus.

People from here are more likely to cherish our own unique heritage and legacies than foreigners. Diversity isn't even in the ballpark of what I am talking about.

2) You think the average Mexican could give a rat's a$$ about the 4th of July, George Washington, the Declaration of Independance, constitutionalism, separation of church and state, etc., etc.?

(numbers added to simplify it for sparky)

You cited 1) as me not answering your question, not paying attention to the fact that 2) ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION!

"4th of July, George Washington, the Declaration of Independance, constitutionalism, separation of church and state, whether or not the states' rights are being violated by the federal govt., etc., etc."-These are the things I meant by heritage...which is why I presented them that way.

Top to bottom, left to right. It's called reading.

Perhaps, instead of derailing otherwise worthwhile threads with your short attention span and anger management issues, you should think about what you read.

:lol:

DeeJayH said:
good
than not only won't you address the eugenics accusation honestly

Amen to that! :rofl

aquapub said:
The facts, and the Left's own words tell a different story. Largely, conservatives do have a monopoly. Deal with it. ;)

Wow, you're delusional, or just trying to be difficult. Perhaps you're just a troll.

Stace said:
The intelligence level/education received by a parent, from what I understand, has no real bearing on how smart their offspring will be, nor does it directly determine how much education that child will receive. My husband is one good example. His father never went beyond the ninth grade, yet my husband is well on his way to a college degree. I certainly have received more education than either of my parents, and I know that in at least some areas, I am more intelligent than they are. On the flip side of that, there are plenty of folks out there that could be classified as geniuses that end up having rocks-for-brains children. Levels of success would factor into that same scale. Just because your parents couldn't make more of themselves doesn't mean you can't, and vice versa.

No but the social class and culture of a parent does have a huge impact on whether or not their children will pursue a college education and make something of themselves or if they will turn to crime.

A population decline is neither, of course, nor do I accept this good and bad crap.
That the Jewish people are becoming a minority with their own country is something to think about..
But does this have any meaning in the grand scheme of things ??

Kandahar said:
Population decline would be good in places like Africa and the Middle East. It's bad in places like Europe and North America, where less people means less productive minds to solve the problems of the world. Of course, it's the places where population decline is bad where it's actually occuring.

It is good there too. Europe and N. America are the places where most resources are used, and frankly much more than a person needs. Also living in a wealthier place does not equate into intelligence.

Why would it matter if "your bloodline" ends?

Comrade Brian said:
Why would it matter if "your bloodline" ends?

because every person alive today can trace his history to the origin of the species. They are a living continium of a connection to the beginning. You may beleive that your existence on this earth is without any meaning, but i do not

we now return you to the regularly scheduled debate

We are living in a Malthusian nightmare; but there seems little that the world can (or will) do about it. Charles Darwin held out hope that man would evolve into a more perfect species, but feared that he was already doomed to self-destruction before getting there. Certainly, we are no better for following the commandment to “Be fruitful, and multiply. . . .” Genesis 1:28 (KJV). Ours has not been a history of good husbandry. Man may be master on this planet; but we are rapidly laying waste to the land and the sea on which we depend for life's subsistence; for when this goes, then, as surely as the earth turns, so shall we go also.

because every person alive today can trace his history to the origin of the species.
So? If for instance I have no progeny will human species cease to exist?
They are a living continium of a connection to the beginning.
Yes they sort of do have a do have a connection to the beginning" so to speak.

None of this to me shows why "my bloodline" must continue. Because in the future I will be dead and if "my bloodline" continues or not, so be it.

Comrade Brian said:
So? If for instance I have no progeny will human species cease to exist?

Yes they sort of do have a do have a connection to the beginning" so to speak.

None of this to me shows why "my bloodline" must continue. Because in the future I will be dead and if "my bloodline" continues or not, so be it.

Don't worry about it, Brian. DeeJayH was, as far as I can tell, talking specifically to jfuh. Regardless, statements such as that have no place outside of the basement, and it'd be best to just ignore it and get on with the actual debate. :cool:

jfuh said:
You really don't understand what heritage or legacy are do you?
Christmas is not a heritage, it's a religion.
The average american knows more about the Simpsons then they do about the constitution. You're clearly demonstrating that knowledge right here.

1) So you can grasp now, after what, ten posts filled with angry, bogus insults, that what I was posting WERE my examples...the ones you said I wouldn't provide? :lol: Wow, you're sharp.

2) Christmas is not a religion. It is a holiday celebrated and cherished by secular AND religious Americans alike. Your incredibly ignorant misstatements like this wouldn't be such a big deal if they weren't accompanied with all the adolescent personal attacks. Since you insist on insulting people, they will be compelled to spell out your ignorance.

As for Jfuh's persistent, intentional misrepresentation of my points, I have this to say:

In democracy, population is critical. If I want things I hold sacred to remain a part of this country, the population that will have to dominate for them to stay here are middle class, white families.

I cited a statistical/demographic reality and you have intentionally misrepresented it as a white supremacist view over and over despite having it explained to you.

The moderators have been notified of your persistent, utterly dishonest attempts to derail this thread by knowingly making false, off-topic personal attacks on me.

Good day.

aquapub said:
The moderators have been notified of your persistent, utterly dishonest attempts to derail this thread by knowingly making false, off-topic personal attacks on me.

I haven't read every post, but I fail to see any personal attacks? You, yourself, Aquapub, have labelled other posters comments as "ignorance." Is that a personal attack, or an attack on the poster's comments?

I think anyone that makes a habit of notifying moderators one two many times for trivial things, should be suspended.

Hoot said:
I haven't read every post, but I fail to see any personal attacks? You, yourself, Aquapub, have labelled other posters comments as "ignorance." Is that a personal attack, or an attack on the poster's comments?

I think anyone that makes a habit of notifying moderators one two many times for trivial things, should be suspended.

Steen and Jfuh have called me a bigot, racist, white supremacist, and so on, repeatedly for asserting that middle class, white family people (even more specifically men, actually) are the people who I want to dominate the population statistics because, in a democracy, numbers are how you get/keep what you want.

I made a demographics point and they are too partisan and dishonest to leave it at that.

I care about whether or not the state's rights are being violated by the federal govt., about the federalist papers, the separation of church and state issue, Christmas, the 4th of July, etc....American heritage and traditions matter to me, so I want those who agree with me to flourish.

I have explained this over and over again to them, but they just keep acting like it is racism and using it to derail any thread they don't like. This is NOT frivolous or trivial. They serve no purpose here except to lower the appeal and the IQ of the site.

aquapub said:
Steen and Jfuh have called me a bigot, racist, white supremacist, and so on, repeatedly for asserting that middle class, white family people (even more specifically men, actually) are the people who I want to dominate the population statistics because, in a democracy, numbers are how you get/keep what you want.
Let me quote you one more time, since you keep forgetting your own post.
aquapub said:
For me it all depends on who is declining. I want normal, mainstream white Americans to be competitive with the other 4, 6, 8-kid families of the world because we are the people who actually tend to place some form of value on America, its traditions, and its values.

The more everyone EXCEPT us reproduces, the more people we will have within our borders (voting in our elections) who are all for doing away with everything that makes this country great.

Europe is in the same boat.

In London, white Anglos are now a minority to Muslims. How long do you think the West's ideals and principles are going to remain intact with all the West's populations in decline and being replaced by people who have nothing in common with us?

Part of it is inevitable though, we have abortion, birth control, condoms, social programs that make it unnecessary to have kids, etc. They often don't
If you don't think this is racist I don't know what is. So spare the lies of us vs you. You caused it on yourself.
When asked what your definition then of american tradition is, you went on to saying this:
aquapub said:
It is not this complicated. Jesus.

You think the average Mexican could give a rat's a$$ about the 4th of July, George Washington, the Declaration of Independance, constitutionalism, separation of church and state, etc., etc.?
Beleive in the divinity of Jesus. Followed by foreigner bashing.

aquapub said:
I made a demographics point and they are too partisan and dishonest to leave it at that.
That statment is hardly demographics.

aquapub said:
I care about whether or not the state's rights are being violated by the federal govt., about the federalist papers, the separation of church and state issue, Christmas, the 4th of July, etc....American heritage and traditions matter to me, so I want those who agree with me to flourish.
Yet you have demonstrated no knowledge of any of those. This admist your claim that you have factual sources to back up your claim. Which we have yet to see

aquapub said:
I have explained this over and over again to them, but they just keep acting like it is racism and using it to derail any thread they don't like. This is NOT frivolous or trivial. They serve no purpose here except to lower the appeal and the IQ of the site.
Oh spare us the moral high ground routine. If you want to actually debate then issue of population then:
1) apologize for your racist comments
2) Read over the responses to you're claims.

Finally it's not only Steen and I that find your remarks appaling, there're several others, we're just more out spoken about it.

Back
Top Bottom