• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Popular / Trending Threads List

Should the popular / trending threads list be brought back?

• Total voters

RabidAlpaca

Engineer
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Hey guys,

I think the new XenForo is pretty alright, but one thing that I've been seriously missing the is the popular / trending threads list that the old DP used to have. There you could always see the trending topics of the day so you had an overview of what was most discussed. Now, as far as I can tell, there's no way to know which threads are the most popular right now after it's out of the 5 newest threads.

Is there a reason we got rid of this and can we please bring it back?

Edit: It seems this plugin will do exactly that:

Having a most popular posts widget next to the most popular threads widget would be awesome.

Last edited:
We didn't get rid of it, it wasn't a part of xF. We're not going to install an add-on that isn't maintained and the one you suggested falls under that category.

The new update allows us to create forums based on specific search criteria (pretty cool). Two new forums have been added at the bottom of the forum list top of the home screen under Forums that show the most active threads in the past 24 hours as well as the past week. I've also added a New threads link there as well.

Last edited:
We didn't get rid of it, it wasn't a part of xF. We're not going to install an add-on that isn't maintained and the one you suggested falls under that category.

The new update allows us to create forums based on specific search criteria (pretty cool). Two new forums have been added at the bottom of the forum list top of the home screen under Forums that show the most active threads in the past 24 hours as well as the past week. I've also added a New threads link there as well.
That is absolutely fantastic and even better than it was with the old DP. Having both 24 hours and 7 days is a nice touch. Thanks a lot! This is a game changer.

Back
Top Bottom