• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pope Isn't Fond of Obama's Guest List

sawdust

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
On the eve of Pope Francis’s arrival in the U.S., the Vatican has taken offense at the Obama administration’s decision to invite to the pope’s welcome ceremony transgender activists, the first openly gay Episcopal bishop and an activist nun who leads a group criticized by the Vatican for its silence on abortion and euthanasia.

Vatican Disputes White House Guest List for Papal Visit - WSJ

Who'd a thunk.

I'm not surprised that some snake-in-the-grass Cardinal is whispering things to the media from the shadows. That said, I don't believe what he had to say is authorized by Pope Francis or reflective of his views. It certainly is not consistent with anything Pope Francis has said or done up to this point.

Yea, you can't trust those cardinals, blue jays either.

Well the Jays are having a good year. So is the Pope.

Until Obama wants to spoil it with a herd of transvestites.

If the Pope doesn't want to spend time with those people he could always tell Obama that his plans have changed and he can't make it.

Given some of the Pope's recent edicts, both camps wondered whether he would like this list or not. He's a pretty leftist dude.

Given some of the Pope's recent edicts, both camps wondered whether he would like this list or not. He's a pretty leftist dude.

Leftist is not the same as anti-Christian.

If the Pope doesn't want to spend time with those people he could always tell Obama that his plans have changed and he can't make it.

I agree with that 100%, yet my expectation is that the Pope will happily arrive as planned, leading one to wonder if our overly political Pope had a hand in planning the guest list, regardless of his public protestations at this time.

If you think that this Pope or any Pope is pro-abortion, you are mistaken.

I'm not surprised that some snake-in-the-grass Cardinal is whispering things to the media from the shadows. That said, I don't believe what he had to say is authorized by Pope Francis or reflective of his views. It certainly is not consistent with anything Pope Francis has said or done up to this point.

If the statement was issued by the Vatican, I think it's safe to assume that the spokesperson wasn't making a statement not in accord with the Pope's opinion. And I also don't understand referring to a cardinal as a snake in the grass. How bizarre.

Back
Top Bottom