• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pope Francis:Who Am I to Judge Gay People [W:189]

Re: Pope Francis:Who Am I to Judge Gay People?

Unless, of course, you happen to be a person of faith, particularly the Catholic faith, in which case the Pope is infallible and science isn't the be all and end all of every discussion - in fact, there are many things science has yet to be able to explain, but people of faith are comforted in their faith and live their lives accordingly.

I'm no longer a religious person, haven't been since my teen years, but I don't disrespect people who are and what they believe.

that is OK, I do not respect people's fantasy views, especially when they make up things like homosexuality being a sin based on their denial of reality.

Yes, there have been floods, just not ones that have covered the whole earth as the bible states. But it is good to see you backpedal and start to say the bible is inaccurate.

Didn't backpedal actually. You still have yet to give your proof.

Yes, there have been floods, just not ones that have covered the whole earth as the bible states. But it is good to see you backpedal and start to say the bible is inaccurate.

to supply the answer to this which you stated, it has been said, that even though it rained for 40 days and nights, that water also came up out of the ground.

Didn't backpedal actually. You still have yet to give your proof.

your the one trying to say homosexuality is a sin based on a book of fantasy. You will need to prove the bible to be true in order to make your argument. Otherwise it is just you denying reality and trying to impose the views of a fictional book on everyone because you do not know the facts.

your the one trying to say homosexuality is a sin based on a book of fantasy. You will need to prove the bible to be true in order to make your argument. Otherwise it is just you denying reality and trying to impose the views of a fictional book on everyone because you do not know the facts.

You are the one claiming the Bible is fantasy, Burden of Proof falls on you.

The fossil record, sediment records, verify a major flood occured actually.

yes but consider the context of the story. when the story of Noah's ark was written, neither the author(s) or anyone else at the time knew that seven conteninents existed, so the story probably meant that god flooded the world as they saw it, be Babylon, greece, egypt, or any other culture that has a myth about a great flood.

to supply the answer to this which you stated, it has been said, that even though it rained for 40 days and nights, that water also came up out of the ground.

But that did not happen. We know this because we have records showing there was not a worldwide flood. That is also not taking into account noah was a thousand years old, and gathering up all the world's animals and floating them around on a wooden boat for 40 days would have been an impossibility even for a guy who lived a thousand years like the bible says.

You can believe it, I am just not required to take your ignorance and faith as fact, and if you want to argue as if you have fact you better damned well prove your book's crazy view of reality.

yes but consider the context of the story. when the story of Noah's ark was written, neither the author(s) or anyone else at the time knew that seven conteninents existed, so the story probably meant that god flooded the world as they saw it, be Babylon, greece, egypt, or any other culture that has a myth about a great flood.

Assuming there were 7 continents at the time....

But that did not happen. We know this because we have records showing there was not a worldwide flood. That is also not taking into account noah was a thousand years old, and gathering up all the world's animals and floating them around on a wooden boat for 40 days would have been an impossibility even for a guy who lived a thousand years like the bible says.

You can believe it, I am just not required to take your ignorance and faith as fact, and if you want to argue as if you have fact you better damned well prove your book's crazy view of reality.

Still waiting on that proof....

You are the one claiming the Bible is fantasy, Burden of Proof falls on you.

No, you are the one claiming it is true. You need to prove it. Sorry dude, but just because you believe in fairies does not make them real. You can clap all you like, no one has to regard your self delusion as fact until you can prove it is.

Still waiting on that proof....

No need to go any further because you know it is a fantasy book and now your argument is just degraded into nothing. you cannot prove your book to be fact and we all know it.

No, you are the one claiming it is true. You need to prove it. Sorry dude, but just because you believe in fairies does not make them real. You can clap all you like, no one has to regard your self delusion as fact until you can prove it is.

You came in and claimed it is a fairy tale, then you said you have proof, then you expect me to give proof against your claim.... Not how this works. You made the claim, now submit your proof, unless of course, you don't have any....

You don't get to tell me that the facts prove me wrong then not submit those facts.

No need to go any further because you know it is a fantasy book and now your argument is just degraded into nothing. you cannot prove your book to be fact and we all know it.

Oh I beg to differ, but since you made that claim that it is a fantasy, I'm still waiting on your proof. You have yet to give any.

that is OK, I do not respect people's fantasy views, especially when they make up things like homosexuality being a sin based on their denial of reality.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, since "sin" is an entirely faith based construct that doesn't exist outside religion. There are no secular sins. There are secular laws, laws established by societies of many religious and non-religious people and many of those laws are based on the construct in faith of "sin". There is not, however, any legislation establishing sin.

It is quite clear that in many religions homosexuality is described as a sin and in others, homosexual acts, not necessary homosexuals themselves, are considered sins. I fail to see how you can argue that it's a denial of reality for a person of faith to believe that homosexuality is a sin when that is exactly what their faith teaches them.

You are clearly, at least in my view, conflating sin with legality - two entirely different things. Do you also believe that people of faith who believe that adultery is a sin are in denial of reality simply because secular society doesn't view adultery as illegal?

You came in and claimed it is a fairy tale, then you said you have proof, then you expect me to give proof against your claim.... Not how this works. You made the claim, now submit your proof, unless of course, you don't have any....

You don't get to tell me that the facts prove me wrong then not submit those facts.

I have submitted my proof and you could not deal with it. Just because you ignore what is there like you pretend the bible is fact does not make it so. Homosexuality is not a sin, and you have failed to prove the validity of your claim because you based it on a work of fiction.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, since "sin" is an entirely faith based construct that doesn't exist outside religion.

if you cannot prove your religion to be fact, and all of it's reference is fictional, then you cannot base that claim as fact. it is just the warped opinion of people who ignore reality in lieu of a clearly fictional book.

Oh I beg to differ, but since you made that claim that it is a fantasy, I'm still waiting on your proof. You have yet to give any.

you can beg to differ all you want, it does not change the fact you are wrong.

Assuming there were 7 continents at the time....

considering the speed of Continental drift, yeah there probably were seven continents back in ancient times.

the story of Noah ark depends on context, the author probably based the mythical flood on a historical disastrous flood in the region, and wrote the story in the mindset of when god flooded the world, the author was portraying the flooding of the middle east, mediteranian and parts of Africa, Europe, and Asia that were known to ancients at the time.

There is not enough water to flood all the land on earth.

Assuming the surface of the earth hasn't changed over the course of it's history, that's a true statement. Science won't back you up on that assumption though.

I have submitted my proof and you could not deal with it. Just because you ignore what is there like you pretend the bible is fact does not make it so. Homosexuality is not a sin, and you have failed to prove the validity of your claim because you based it on a work of fiction.

No you made a statement, you did not submit proof. No sources, just a claim.

did you even know that before the flood.........it had never rained before.

you have not read the bible, Noah did not gather the animals, by going and getting them, god spoke to the animals and told them Noah would protect them and them came to Noah.

it only rained 40 days and days, they were in the ark a lot longer, were it came to rest on the mountains of Ararat....in eastern turkey today.

the bible tells us people lived longer in the past, Moses lived to be 120

you are not required to follow the word of the lord...you have a choice..........make your choice and live your life.

you can beg to differ all you want, it does not change the fact you are wrong.

Still waiting on your proof. Why is it so hard to submit the evidence?

if you cannot prove your religion to be fact, and all of it's reference is fictional, then you cannot base that claim as fact. it is just the warped opinion of people who ignore reality in lieu of a clearly fictional book.

I can't force you to understand the difference between "sin" and "law". If you did, you'd realize the futility of your take in this discussion. Perhaps if you looked up the definition of the word "faith", that might help you understand.

In any event, I've said my piece - take care and have fun.

considering the speed of Continental drift, yeah there probably were seven continents back in ancient times.

the story of Noah ark depends on context, the author probably based the mythical flood on a historical disastrous flood in the region, and wrote the story in the mindset of when god flooded the world, the author was portraying the flooding of the middle east, mediteranian and parts of Africa, Europe, and Asia that were known to ancients at the time.

Or the flood created the continents...

Still waiting on your proof. Why is it so hard to submit the evidence?

As much fun as it has been trashing your argument and reducing you to this, the argument is over. I win.

You can keep going on spreading your ummmm faith we will call it, but reality is not agreeing with you. I guess someday you will die and find out your faith was wrong. if i am around at the time I will be happy to laugh.

Back
Top Bottom