• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pope Francis:Who Am I to Judge Gay People [W:189]

Re: Pope Francis:Who Am I to Judge Gay People?

Since the bible is a book of fiction it's statements are irrelevant for reality. Good try, but it is still not a sin and is actually a good thing.

It is your opinion that it is fiction.

It is your opinion that it is fiction.

Actually it is a fact it doesn't correspond to history. It has about the same amount of truth that harry potter and twilight have. You can believe those things happen in reality, but you are just simply wrong.

Actually, the bible is fictional and we know it because the events did not happen as they say. It is not my opinion at all, it is fact.

sorry you dont get to (determine what is fact).

you can only render opinion on this subject.

I'd say, who is he to judge anyone? After all, if I remember the bible, God teaches - judge not, least ye be judged yourself

That's the way that I took his comment. I see this Pope as a humble man , who doesn't consider himself to be better than others. Because of this, I have more regard for his comments than I would have otherwise. I have no use for anyone who if full of hubris,pride, or arrogance.

sorry you dont get to (determine what is fact).

you can only render opinion on this subject.

no science proves things as fact. the bible does not correspond to things we know happened, so it is not a fact. You can insist it does like a 2 year old who believes in harry potter, but that doesn't mean it happened.

Actually it is a fact it doesn't correspond to history. It has about the same amount of truth that harry potter and twilight have. You can believe those things happen in reality, but you are just simply wrong.

Has yet to be disproved the events of the Bible.

Has yet to be disproved the events of the Bible.

Yes, the events of the bible have been disproven as a historical account. Just because you do not wish to believe in facts doesn't change that it is a fact. That is the cool thing about science and why the bible fails. if you do not believe in the bible it becomes just a story, if you do not believe in science you are still subject to the realities of the world you live in even if you complain that you think they are just opinion.

no science proves things as fact. the bible does not correspond to things we know happened, so it is not a fact. You can insist it does like a 2 year old who believes in harry potter, but that doesn't mean it happened.

i love you, your so cute in your child like ways ......in your discussions

you have made yourself an authority over what other people believe, and then add the personal stab......ah! its wonderful, isn't it, when you show how you argue.

That's the way that I took his comment. I see this Pope as a humble man , who doesn't consider himself to be better than others. Because of this, I have more regard for his comments than I would have otherwise. I have no use for anyone who if full of hubris,pride, or arrogance.

I took it that way - I presume he was asked a question related to homosexuality, otherwise he wouldn't have said what he did - I can't imagine unprompted he started talking about homosexuality and not judging it. It's one of those journalistic tricks where you ask a controversial question, or pose certain options, and then if the interviewee bites, you've got a controversy to spread.

Yes, the events of the bible have been disproven as a historical account. Just because you do not wish to believe in facts doesn't change that it is a fact. That is the cool thing about science and why the bible fails. if you do not believe in the bible it becomes just a story, if you do not believe in science you are still subject to the realities of the world you live in even if you complain that you think they are just opinion.

Name one thing that has been proven beyond all doubt that disproves the Bible. Just one, no doubt whatsoever, no speculation 100% proof.

i love you, your so cute in your child like ways ......in your discussions

you have made yourself an authority over what other people believe, and then add the personal stab......ah! its wonderful, isn't it, when you show how you argue.

You are the one trying to tell us we all have to believe in the fantasy book to justify that homosexuality is a sin. Please do prove to us there was ever enough water to cover all the land on earth. please do prove to us humans lived for a thousand years. please do prove to us adam and eve started it all. The bible is full of things we know to be false because there is evidence something else happened when they claim.

If you want to believe it like some guy who thinks he is a jedi feel free. I have no reason to respect your opinion over scientific fact.

I don't know what you're sputtering on about - the Pope is not a scientist nor is he a head of state or anything else like that - he is, according to Catholic teachings, God's representative on earth. As such, he is an expert on the teachings of the Catholic Church and anything else is irrelevant. I don't care one way or another about individuals and their sexual likes or dislikes but to somehow conflate what the Pope said with scientific reason, even spurious claims of reason such as yours, is just nonsense.

Name one thing that has been proven beyond all doubt that disproves the Bible. Just one, no doubt whatsoever, no speculation 100% proof.

There is not enough water to flood all the land on earth, and there is also evidence that such an event never happened. It is a work of fantasy. If yopu want to regard it as a work of parable that is fine with me, but then you cannot argue it as fact. If you want to believe it is fact that is also fine, but then i will regard you as fooling yourself and ignoring reality.

I don't know what you're sputtering on about - the Pope is not a scientist nor is he a head of state or anything else like that - he is, according to Catholic teachings, God's representative on earth. As such, he is an expert on the teachings of the Catholic Church and anything else is irrelevant. I don't care one way or another about individuals and their sexual likes or dislikes but to somehow conflate what the Pope said with scientific reason, even spurious claims of reason such as yours, is just nonsense.

your right, but it is nonsense in the opposite direction. if you want to argue about fact then the bible is not factual. This puts the popes status as an infallible representative of a fantasy book as just a really overdedicated fanboy who wants to escape reality and fact.

There is not enough water to flood all the land on earth, and there is also evidence that such an event never happened. It is a work of fantasy. If yopu want to regard it as a work of parable that is fine with me, but then you cannot argue it as fact. If you want to believe it is fact that is also fine, but then i will regard you as fooling yourself and ignoring reality.

The fossil record, sediment records, verify a major flood occured actually.

You are the one trying to tell us we all have to believe in the fantasy book to justify that homosexuality is a sin. Please do prove to us there was ever enough water to cover all the land on earth. please do prove to us humans lived for a thousand years. please do prove to us adam and eve started it all. The bible is full of things we know to be false because there is evidence something else happened when they claim.

If you want to believe it like some guy who thinks he is a jedi feel free. I have no reason to respect your opinion over scientific fact.

well as usual your wrong.....i dont advocate you learning the bible or having anything to do with it.......thats up to you, you have a choice and you make on your own, i and others dont make it for you.

as for what you put forth from the bible, chose not to believe if you wish, ...be please dont tell others you have facts on your side and everyone else is wrong.

if you make claims against the bible, then you provide proof they are false...dont just say it.........show me and others.

there nothing worst then having a person tell me i am wrong, and then demand i supply the proof ...that i am right.

Last edited:

Actually, the bible is fictional and we know it because the events did not happen as they say. It is not my opinion at all, it is fact.
Prove your facts. Just a couple. Go ahead. Iam waiting.

The fossil record, sediment records, verify a major flood occured actually.

Yes, there have been floods, just not ones that have covered the whole earth as the bible states. But it is good to see you backpedal and start to say the bible is inaccurate.

your right, but it is nonsense in the opposite direction. if you want to argue about fact then the bible is not factual. This puts the popes status as an infallible representative of a fantasy book as just a really overdedicated fanboy who wants to escape reality and fact.

Unless, of course, you happen to be a person of faith, particularly the Catholic faith, in which case the Pope is infallible and science isn't the be all and end all of every discussion - in fact, there are many things science has yet to be able to explain, but people of faith are comforted in their faith and live their lives accordingly.

I'm no longer a religious person, haven't been since my teen years, but I don't disrespect people who are and what they believe.

Back
Top Bottom