• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65,239]

Thought I'd give you a link while I had time:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls...ts-ground-against-gay-agenda-w-743-a-130.html

work backwards from here. This is just the last link I presented.

Read The Bible. You're wasting my time. This is not open to debate. You can google and link some dumb WAPO piece all you want. It doesn't matter. The Bible is very clear. That's the source. Read Lev. 18:22, Lev. 20:13, ect. Engaging in homosexual sex is a sin and an abomination. This is what The Pope believes. This is what The Catholic Church teaches. This is directly from the mouth of Jesus Christ/God who are one in the same. You and a few others have completely derailed this thread into bible bashing. If you want to do that, fine, go create a thread and do that. You're not the authority (and neither are these "bible scholars") and what parts of The Bible Christians adhere to and what they don't however. The Bible is the moral textbook to living a Christian life. Living your life by God's Laws. God's rules. Not a life where you live by your own rules. That's why these Left Wing Collectivist "utopias" always turn out to be Hell on Earth. When Government has all the power, the only morality and rules it plays by are it's own. If homosexuals want to do whatever they want and engage in gay sex, fine, but when you die you always pay the wages of sin. That's what The Bible says. That's what The Catholic Church teaches. If you want to create your own religion where gays and everyone can do what they want, then go do that.

You're the same poster who defends every lie that comes out of Obama's mouth. You're not an authority on The Bible. You're certainly not a believer. I love these phonies who don't believe in The Bible and mock God trying to tell Christians what's in The Bible and what God's Laws are. Homosexual sex IS a sin and an abomination. Don't like it? Not my problem.

You're the same poster who defends every lie that comes out of Obama's mouth.

From the same guy who defends a book of fairy tales. You can't make this stuff up.

From the same guy who defends a book of fairy tales. You can't make this stuff up.

If you want to bash The Bible and call it a book of fairy tales, feel free to create another thread.

That isn't the topic of this thread

Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65]

If you believe it's "BS" that's your business. That's not what this thread is about however.

Go ahead and cite the passages in the bible that talk about homosexual sex. Nevermind, I'll do it for you.

The gay lifestyle will never be accepted into the Church. I know a lot of people are thinking the pope is going to change things but he's not. If he tries than he's a false prophet. A false pope.

Anyways good luck with whatever point you are trying to make :2wave:

It already is by the Catholic hierarchy - just watch the news - gay priests are protected by their own.

Read The Bible. You're wasting my time. This is not open to debate. You can google and link some dumb WAPO piece all you want. It doesn't matter. The Bible is very clear. That's the source. Read Lev. 18:22, Lev. 20:13, ect. Engaging in homosexual sex is a sin and an abomination. This is what The Pope believes. This is what The Catholic Church teaches. This is directly from the mouth of Jesus Christ/God who are one in the same. You and a few others have completely derailed this thread into bible bashing. If you want to do that, fine, go create a thread and do that. You're not the authority (and neither are these "bible scholars") and what parts of The Bible Christians adhere to and what they don't however. The Bible is the moral textbook to living a Christian life. Living your life by God's Laws. God's rules. Not a life where you live by your own rules. That's why these Left Wing Collectivist "utopias" always turn out to be Hell on Earth. When Government has all the power, the only morality and rules it plays by are it's own. If homosexuals want to do whatever they want and engage in gay sex, fine, but when you die you always pay the wages of sin. That's what The Bible says. That's what The Catholic Church teaches. If you want to create your own religion where gays and everyone can do what they want, then go do that.

You're the same poster who defends every lie that comes out of Obama's mouth. You're not an authority on The Bible. You're certainly not a believer. I love these phonies who don't believe in The Bible and mock God trying to tell Christians what's in The Bible and what God's Laws are. Homosexual sex IS a sin and an abomination. Don't like it? Not my problem.

I love these church cafeteria hypocrites. They decry the "abominations" that they see in others while ignoring the abominations in their own lives. Reminds me of the biblical story about condemning the sty in their neighbors eye while there is a beam protruding from their own.

Re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'

Actually, the point is that most people who scream at others are attacking the mote in someone else's eye, while ignoring the beam in their own eye.

Like attacking George W Bush.

Anyone who starts out with the attitude that they know it all will never learn a damned thing.

To paraphrase someone else, it is impossible to teach someone something he or she already THINKS he or she knows.

A closed mind is a terrible thing. Must be hard being so full that you can learning nothing. Sad.

Re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'

Like attacking George W Bush.

If ever there was a man beyond reproach, it was Dubya.

Hiphuckinglarious it is.

I love these church cafeteria hypocrites. They decry the "abominations" that they see in others while ignoring the abominations in their own lives. Reminds me of the biblical story about condemning the sty in their neighbors eye while there is a beam protruding from their own.

Quote me where I condemned somebody. Oh wait, you can't.

You guys are like wind up dolls repeating the same personal attack over and over because you can't debate the substance of the issue

A closed mind is a terrible thing. Must be hard being so full that you can learning nothing. Sad.

/Yawn when I want the advice of an intolerant Leftist I'll let you know

As non believers, homosexuals are theoreticaly going to hell anyway and have nothing to lose. Let the gays have their gay sex and pay the price if they lose Pascals Wager. Not everyone believes in your god, so don't act so offended when everyone doesn't follow His rules. Some of us believe the bible is on par with Aesops Fables as much as you believe it is the word of god. Perhaps its a test to see if your arrogant, judgemental, and vindictive to those who don't "sacrifice" as much of their life as you do.

Homosexuality is a part of the world you live in, and accepted by most americans. Don't like it? Sounds like we've found your problem.

As non believers, homosexuals are theoreticaly going to hell anyway and have nothing to lose. Let the gays have their gay sex and pay the price if they lose Pascals Wager. Not everyone believes in your god, so don't act so offended when everyone doesn't follow His rules. Some of us believe the bible is on par with Aesops Fables as much as you believe it is the word of god. Perhaps its a test to see if your arrogant, judgemental, and vindictive to those who don't "sacrifice" as much of their life as you do.

Homosexuality is a part of the world you live in, and accepted by most americans. Don't like it? Sounds like we've found your problem.

Oh hey another liberal who didn't read the thread and who isn't debating the topic of the thread

This thread is about THE POPE'S views on Homosexuality and what the Catholic Church's views on homosexuality are. Homosexuals don't commit a sin by being gay. They commit a sin (according to The Bible) when they engage in gay sex.

What part of that do you simpletons not understand? Engaging in gay sex is a sin and abomination. That's what The Bible says. That's doesn't mean anyone is condemning the precious gays. Those poor oppressed sodomites whose feelings get hurt when people don't support their debauchery and pointless marriages. Boohoo. If a gay man engages in gay sex that's between the sodomite and God. If you don't want to follow God's Laws that doesn't offend me at all. That's your business. Nice strawman btw.

Create a different thread if you want to debate the existence of God. That is NOT what this thread is about. (For the 100th time :roll:)

You guys are like wind up dolls repeating the same personal attack over and over because you can't debate the substance of the issue

:lamo

Your free to have your opinion as are others. But in a debate, you actually have to present evidence. It's better than being snarky. Between the two of us, I'm the one who has present evidence. :lamo

This thread is a good example of what we see coming from Right Wing Christian Extremists these days.

The dying gasp of their out dated and bigoted views slowly making their way off the stage...

The closer the curtain call gets, the louder they will yell.

Your free to have your opinion as are others. But in a debate, you actually have to present evidence. It's better than being snarky. Between the two of us, I'm the one who has present evidence. :lamo

Evidence of what?

What is the topic of the thread? Do you even know what we are debating? You're obviously confused, since you have repeatedly tried to derail this thread with nonsensical gibberish. This thread is about The Pope's views on homosexuality. It's about the Catholic Church's views on homosexuality. You and a handful of other histrionics have tried to make this about me. It's silly.

The only thing I've been saying this entire thread is what The Catholic Church's view on homosexuality is. The Pope is not going to change The Bible. He doesn't have that power. Now I understand that you don't believe that. That we don't have the same views (which is fine). That you want The Catholic Church and The Bible to teach that homosexuality is cool, hip and trendy because that's what Pop Culture tells you what to think. This is why The Bible is hated by people who think anyone should be able to do what they want. The Bible is black and white. Cut and dry.

The Bible is VERY clear when it comes to engaging in homosexual sex. It is a sin and an abomination. That's right out of The Bible. I didn't make that rule. God did. I only follow it. I don't judge anyone for not following it. That's between that person and God.

This thread has been totally derailed into another Christian bashing fest which honestly is a shame.

This thread is a good example of what we see coming from Right Wing Christian Extremists these days.

The dying gasp of their out dated and bigoted views slowly making their way off the stage...

The closer the curtain call gets, the louder they will yell.

Should the United States ban Christianity?

Evidence of what?

What is the topic of the thread? Do you even know what we are debating? You're obviously confused, since you have repeatedly tried to derail this thread with nonsensical gibberish. This thread is about The Pope's views on homosexuality. It's about the Catholic Church's views on homosexuality. You and a handful of other histrionics have tried to make this about me. It's silly.

The only thing I've been saying this entire thread is what The Catholic Church's view on homosexuality is. The Pope is not going to change The Bible. He doesn't have that power. Now I understand that you don't believe that. That we don't have the same views (which is fine). That you want The Catholic Church and The Bible to teach that homosexuality is cool, hip and trendy because that's what Pop Culture tells you what to think. This is why The Bible is hated by people who think anyone should be able to do what they want. The Bible is black and white. Cut and dry.

The Bible is VERY clear when it comes to engaging in homosexual sex. It is a sin and an abomination. That's right out of The Bible. I didn't make that rule. God did. I only follow it. I don't judge anyone for not following it. That's between that person and God.

This thread has been totally derailed into another Christian bashing fest which honestly is a shame.

Should the United States ban Christianity?

If you don't have comprehension issues, you know what evidence. And you know our discussion concerning how then Bible is not as clear on this as you think. Ranting won't make people forget what has been said.

Not at all. You are quick to cite leviticus and claim "Abominations"....yet I bet the clothing you are wearing right now is an abomination...and I bet many of the other Leviticus "abominations" are overlooked by you and people such as yourself despite claiming "no wiggle room". Its the hypocrisy that is so blaring yet you cannot see.

Not at all. You are quick to cite leviticus and claim "Abominations"....yet I bet the clothing you are wearing right now is an abomination...and I bet many of the other Leviticus "abominations" are overlooked by you and people such as yourself despite claiming "no wiggle room". Its the hypocrisy that is so blaring yet you cannot see.

As I've been stating in this thread over and over

That's between me and God. Just like engaging in homosexual sex is between the sodomite and God.

Got it now? Good.

As I've been stating in this thread over and over

That's between me and God. Just like engaging in homosexual sex is between the sodomite and God.

Got it now? Good.

Love you throwing in sodomite. No attempt at an insult there.

:lamo :lamo :lamo

Love you throwing in sodomite. No attempt at an insult there.

Are you offended by the accurate description?

I laughing. Not angry. Your attempt is humorous.

Sodomite is right out The Bible

Are you going to try and laughably claim that isn't true too? :lol:

Sodomite is right out The Bible

Are you going to try and laughably claim that isn't true too? :lol:

But not for the same reason. If you're using the Bible definition of the term, your once again wrong.

But not for the same reason. If you're using the Bible definition of the term, your once again wrong.

Huh? This is exactly what I'm talking about. Stop trying to make this thread about me. You are projecting motivations and intentions onto me without a shred of evidence. I have never once condemned anyone in this thread. I'm merely quoting scripture and explaining what The Church's teaching are. As a practicing Catholic who grew up in The Church, I probably know a lot more about Catholicism than you do. The only condemnation that's happening in this thread is from the Bible bashers who have tried to derail it with mockery. Their hate speech allowed to continue unchecked.

What is The Bible's definition of a sodomite? Tell me

Back
Top Bottom