• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
"The church has sometimes locked itself up in small things," the pope said, "in small-minded rules."

Wow....from the Pope himself.

He's looking at a bigger picture that doesn't include whiny deviants.

Perhaps this Pope will spur the Church to follow God and not themselves.

I'm liking the direction Pope Francis is taking. Perhaps eventually he'll wrest some of the church's immense wealth away from the greedy hierarchy and return it to the people themselves, especially those living in poverty. Makes me sick to see popes, bishops, etc., draped in silk, velvet, gold and jewels while millions of devout Catholics around the world cannot even feed themselves.

Some days I'm glad I'm not Catholic. It's absolutely important for Christians to be involved and vote on their beliefs. Regardless of what the Pope says, the Bible is God's word and if he begins suggesting that homosexual sex isn't sinful then he is nothing more than a false prophet that the Bible warns us about.

Some days I'm glad I'm not Catholic. It's absolutely important for Christians to be involved and vote on their beliefs. Regardless of what the Pope says, the Bible is God's word and if he begins suggesting that homosexual sex isn't sinful then he is nothing more than a false prophet that the Bible warns us about.

He believes homosexuality is a sin.

He believes homosexuality is a sin.

That's why I said "if he begins." Far too many have fallen prey to the word and its thinking and have compromised truth to appease evil.

I am just going to guess that what you may or may not think is not a big concern of this Pope.

Well since the Pope doesn't really mean anything to my religion I guess the feeling is mutual.

Because you want to interfere in the personal lives of homosexuals but not even the pope is on your side?

I tell you what, the Homosexual community HAS interfered with my personal life in several ways. Thanks to the homo indoctrination my oldest received in public school, I almost lost a daughter over their crap.

GO BACK TO THE CLOSET MOFOS!

I tell you what, the Homosexual community HAS interfered with my personal life in several ways. Thanks to the homo indoctrination my oldest received in public school, I almost lost a daughter over their crap.

The hell is this? Your daughter almost died because of homo indoctrination in school? Dude, this is a very serious matter. You need to report this to the police.

What the actual ****.

The hell is this? Your daughter almost died because of homo indoctrination in school? Dude, this is a very serious matter. You need to report this to the police.

I didn't say anything about dying. She said I would be dead to her if I didn't support the Homo agenda. I refused. She finally came around and realized I was more important in her life than a few fairy friends.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say my story is not uncommon.

Wanna hear another one? ;)

I didn't say anything about dying. She said I would be dead to her if I didn't support the Homo agenda. I refused. She finally came around and realized I was more important in her life than a few fairy friends.

Not particularly. Though I admire her point, I hope she realized that she can't force tolerance on a bigot. Our generation just has to wait for them to die off.

Gotta say, that's a teenager thing, and the homosexual issue is just the one she chose to use on you because she knows it pushes your buttons. It's part of trying to grow independently of your folks.

Lol! I'm proud of your daughter. Good for her for sticking up for her belief in equality!

Edit: And at least someone learned a lesson to treat others like she wished to be treated. She probably doesn't go around calling others by derogatory names. :peace

You guys can make all the fun you want, this creeping evil will help break down the very fabric of our society.

Same sort of stuff brought down the Roman empire can bring us down as well.

"For the wages of sin is death"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom