• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pope endorses civil unions

There are plenty of things to do in life that don’t involve marriage. We know that he followed in his father’s professional footsteps and became a carpenter. Who exactly is “they” and why would “they” omit a spouse?
Sure, drinking, carousing, having sex, doing good deeds, feeding the poor, hiking in the wilderness, teaching children carpentry, etc etc etc.

I would love to know who 'they' is...that's what I asked you. I can think of reasons why religious groups with certain agendas would want a 'pure' Jesus with no offspring. Can you? But again, who do you think 'they' are?

Sure, drinking, carousing, having sex, doing good deeds, feeding the poor, hiking in the wilderness, teaching children carpentry, etc etc etc.

I would love to know who 'they' is...that's what I asked you. I can think of reasons why religious groups with certain agendas would want a 'pure' Jesus with no offspring. Can you? But again, who do you think 'they' are?

You read too many conspiracy novels. No, I can’t think of reasons why no one would mention an alleged wife. What possible reason would Mark, who took the time to mention the existence of random siblings, have to omit the existence of a wife?

You read too many conspiracy novels. No, I can’t think of reasons why no one mention an alleged wife. What possible reason would Mark, who took the time to mention the existence of random siblings, have to omit the existence of a wife?
DIdnt get that from any such thing. Just seems logical. He had a life in those years...why were they ignored?

And again, who is 'they?' As I asked,

Um...'who' was his life "chronicled' by?​

More than one of course...but then I'd like to know their affiliations, their purpose, their 'agendas.' What was their interest?

We don’t know exactly, but again there’s no evidence he was ever married and plenty to indicate he wasn’t. If people could be bothered to note that Christ had siblings that we never really hear anything more about other than they existed then don’t you think someone would have mentioned that the Messiah was a married man?

Why I am sure that there are politics involved. IF Jesus was a real person AND he followed the typical Jewish customs of the time, he would have been in an arraigned marriage in his teens. Many women died in childbirth in those days. It is entirely possible and feasible that someone in his position in life and age would be a widower. The only conclusion you can take from the stories of the Gospels is that the Gospels didn't say he was married at the time he started his ministry.

DIdnt get that from any such thing. Just seems logical. He had a life in those years...why were they ignored?

And again, who is 'they?'

It seems logical to you that a person can’t possibly be unmarried? I just mentioned one of the people who chronicled his life. Mark mentioned that Jesus had siblings. Why didn’t he mention this mystery wife you seem to believe existed? Who is the “they” that you assert are hiding a secret wife and for what reason?

It seems logical to you that a person can’t possibly be unmarried? I just mentioned one of the people who chronicled his life. Who is the “they” that you assert are hiding a secret wife and for what reason?
??? I listed many things beyond marriage. Did he have a life or not? Why would only marriage be valued (or ignored) and not other things, good works, mistakes, etc?

More than one of course...but then I'd like to know their affiliations, their purpose, their 'agendas.' What was their interest?

??? I listed many things beyond marriage. Did he have a life or not? Why would only marriage be valued (or ignored) and not other things, good works, mistakes, etc?

The New Testament is a chronicle of the life of Christ. Why would Mark mention that Jesus had siblings and not the mystery spouse you seem to be asserting existed?

Why are you asking me to make your argument for you? You asserted the existence of a conspiracy that “they” are hiding the existence of a spouse because of “agendas” for “reasons.” I have no idea who or what you’re talking about. The burden is yours to define, explain, and evidence your conspiracy theory.

The New Testament is a chronicle of the life of Christ. Why would Mark mention that Jesus had siblings and not the mystery spouse you seem to be asserting existed?

Why are you asking me to make your argument for you? You asserted the existence of a conspiracy that “they” are hiding the existence of a spouse because of “agendas” for “reasons.” I have no idea who or what you’re talking about. The burden is yours to define, explain, and evidence your conspiracy theory.
Not a conspiracy...but there were posts here that seemed to imply that there was more to his life...I agree. And then I wonder why that wasnt chronicled too.

And I shouldnt have to reiterate again that I recognize an agenda for all that 'heard God's Word' and then added it to the Bible.

Jesus didnt produce 'siblings'. :rolleyes: He had nothing to do with that (I'll assume). Again, I havent said he was married (so stop implying I did) or even implied it. I dont care, doesnt matter. I still question what in his life WAS left out. Why dont you?

It seems logical to you that a person can’t possibly be unmarried? I just mentioned one of the people who chronicled his life. Mark mentioned that Jesus had siblings. Why didn’t he mention this mystery wife you seem to believe existed? Who is the “they” that you assert are hiding a secret wife and for what reason?
While possible, it does not fit the customs of the time, unless he was a mamzer, but a person who was a mamzer would not be reliable to be the messiah.

Not a conspiracy...but there were posts here that seemed to imply that there was more to his life...I agree. And then I wonder why that wasnt chronicled too.

And I shouldnt have to reiterate again that I recognize an agenda for all that 'heard God's Word' and then added it to the Bible.

Jesus didnt produce 'siblings'. :rolleyes: He had nothing to do with that (I'll assume). Again, I havent said he was married (so stop implying I did) or even implied it. I dont care, doesnt matter. I still question what in his life WAS left out. Why dont you?

Well, we’re not talking about anyone adding anything to the Bible. We’re talking about the fact that no spouse is ever mentioned in the Bible despite copious and even irrelevant information about Jesus that is. According to the Bible, in the Gospel of Mark, Jesus had siblings both brothers and sisters. I don’t really care what Jesus was doing in the interim except that making up tall tales about it becomes problematic very quickly.

While possible, it does not fit the customs of the time, unless he was a mamzer, but a person who was a mamzer would not be reliable to be the messiah.

And a person who has a secret wife whom he would presumably have abandoned and cast out could never be the messiah. Jesus didn’t fit the customs of the time. That was rather the point. He completely upended them which is why the Jews didn’t believe him.

Well, we’re not talking about anyone adding anything to the Bible. We’re talking about the fact that no spouse is ever mentioned in the Bible despite copious and even irrelevant information about Jesus that is. According to the Bible, in the Gospel of Mark, Jesus had siblings both brothers and sisters. I don’t really care what Jesus was doing in the interim except that making up tall tales about it becomes problematic very quickly.
I didnt bring up this topic but now I'm curious and only more convinced that if they knew 'some stuff' about those years...they knew more. And why they wouldnt want to chronicle his entire life? 🤷

Just confirms my opinion that organized religion and esp. the RCC...manipulated history, real life, and the Bible to suit their own agendas.

Back
Top Bottom