• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pope endorses civil union laws for same-sex couples

So do atheist's. Atheist regimes have killed more people than the catholic church has.
not that i condone any of it at all. What the church did during the inquisition and the protestant reformation was horrendous
and should never happen again.

And yet...you admit that even more hypocritically, the followers of Christ killed and tortured millions in wars, pogroms, etc etc.

So what is your point?

however violence, coercion, hate, torture, and repression are not just a religious thing.
Actually it doesn't continue today so why are you lying? There are people that do that but the church in and of itself does not.

Sure it does...the whole pedophilia scandal. And I'm sure it still goes on and I'm sure it's still hidden when possible by the upper leadership. And today many Catholics would discriminate against gays in the workplace, in schools, etc. That's hate. They vote to discriminate against gays, to stop/end gay marriages...that's coercion and hate. They try to end abortion...that hates and would amount to abuse and torture if passed. They are exceedingly repressive when it comes to sex outside marriage. They would choose to have laws against if they could. Thank God for our Constitution that protects us...because if that hateful repressive religion COULD...it would impose itself on us.

If you don't like what the Catholics believe simply don't be catholic. I am not.
If you dont like guns, just dont own guns.

If you dont like gays, dont marry one.

If you dont like abortion, just dont have one.

And yet...you admit that even more hypocritically, the followers of Christ killed and tortured millions in wars, pogroms, etc etc.

So what is your point?
You acting as if it was just catholics. facts state atheists can be just as bad.

Sure it does...the whole pedophilia scandal. And I'm sure it still goes on and I'm sure it's still hidden when possible by the upper leadership. And today many Catholics would discriminate against gays in the workplace, in schools, etc. That's hate. They vote to discriminate against gays, to stop/end gay marriages...that's coercion and hate. They try to end abortion...that hates and would amount to abuse and torture if passed. They are exceedingly repressive when it comes to sex outside marriage. They would choose to have laws against if they could. Thank God for our Constitution that protects us...because if that hateful repressive religion COULD...it would impose itself on us.
then don't work for a catholic organization you won't have too much trouble.

yes the church kinda does expect you to well practice what you believe.

It's "clear" on a lot of things that were written by fallible...even homophobic....men of the time. Plenty of men exist now, so certainly they did then.

There's nothing about being gay that breaks God's Word of compassion, forgiveness, peace, and brotherly love. As such, it cannot be a sin or immoral.

There's nothing in the Bible about a pope either...yet your church managed to invent them. And now you all cant control them and had to invent 'ex cathedra' to try and explain away when they tried to actually return to God's Word without all the bullshit trappings and mischaracterizations your church has imposed.
Once again you’ve revealed you’re not a Christian.

There are pro-life Democrats as there are pro-choice Republicans.

I agree that abortion is terrible, but I also believe that you shouldn't need the government making that choice for you.

Name one prominent democrat who would vote for an abortion ban tonight if it were brought to a vote

You acting as if it was just catholics. facts state atheists can be just as bad.

then don't work for a catholic organization you won't have too much trouble.

yes the church kinda does expect you to well practice what you believe.
It's a thread about the pope :rolleyes:

And your other comments have nothing to do with Catholic influence on our society and our elections. :unsure:

And the Catholic church allows husbands to rape their wives so just IMO, that expectation sucks.

Once again you’ve revealed you’re not a Christian.
You dont get to tell me I'm not a Christian...that judgement is a clear sin.

What I do note is that you coudnt refute a thing I said.

As far as I'm concerned, someone like yourself that agrees that husbands are allowed to have sex with their wives against their will (rape) is not anyone that follows or really even knows God's Word.

Now if pedophilia is OK'd all the priests can relax

That is correct, but a priest has no authority to deny communion without a formal declaration from their Bishop. That would be a violation of canon law and the priest can/would be punished for it. The Catholic Church doesn’t operate like the Protestant or Evangelical hucksters where anyone can throw on a stole and make those decisions.
The entire thing lacks any Biblical support. Jesus never said drink of my blood and eat of my body, EXCEPT blah blah blah.

The entire thing lacks any Biblical support. Jesus never said drink of my blood and eat of my body, EXCEPT blah blah blah.

It does have biblical support. Jesus said in the Sermon on the Mount:

“Give not that which is holy to dogs; neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest perhaps they trample them under their feet, and turning upon you, they tear you.”

And Paul said to the Corinthians:

“Therefore whosoever shall eat this bread, or drink the chalice of the Lord unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and of the blood of the Lord. But let a man prove himself: and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of the chalice. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh judgment to himself, not discerning the body of the Lord. Therefore are there many infirm and weak among you, and many sleep. But if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But whilst we are judged, we are chastised by the Lord, that we be not condemned with this world. Wherefore, my brethren, when you come together to eat, wait for one another. If any man be hungry, let him eat at home; that you come not together unto judgment.”

You dont get to tell me I'm not a Christian...that judgement is a clear sin.

What I do note is that you coudnt refute a thing I said.

As far as I'm concerned, someone like yourself that agrees that husbands are allowed to have sex with their wives against their will (rape) is not anyone that follows or really even knows God's Word.
It's so hard, if you actually like Jesus, to like people like him that calls themselves Christian.

Name one prominent democrat who would vote for an abortion ban tonight if it were brought to a vote
It's a personal choice as well as a political position.

I'd guess that most Democrats would just not impose their views on other women...that's the point of 'choice.' But that doesnt mean they would have one or want their partner to have one.

Democrats take the humane position....and would not attempt to use force of govt on women who believe differently.

Not for me...I am saying it is about damn time the church recognized we are all God's children and it is up to God to judge us and not man.
So very true. And one thing that some religions seem to ignore (those that have or would impose theocracies)...God gave us all free will. He chose to give us the free will to follow Him or not. So any religion that would try to force its laws on others is wrong. It is usurping God's Authority and denying His Will.

It's a very egregious sin yet there are many posters (most Catholic) that have stated they would like to see such laws imposed on Americans. That would desire a theocracy (for our own good :rolleyes: ) And yet that directly contradicts God's decision to give us all the free will to follow Him...that means NOT forcing His laws on us. None of them have been able to justify this desire yet.

It's a personal choice as well as a political position.

I'd guess that most Democrats would just not impose their views on other women...that's the point of 'choice.' But that doesnt mean they would have one or want their partner to have one.

Democrats take the humane position....and would not attempt to use force of govt on women who believe differently.
If you agree with the church’s teaching then abortion is straight murder and Catholics are not permitted to advocate for acts of evil as a matter of public policy. Any Catholic who supports abortion regardless of political philosophy is in mortal sin. Really any baptized Christian is.

If you agree with the church’s teaching then abortion is straight murder and Catholics are not permitted to advocate for acts of evil as a matter of public policy. Any Catholic who supports abortion regardless of political philosophy is in mortal sin. Really any baptized Christian is.
I dont agree with the Catholic church's made up and misinterpreted teachings. It's messed up. And God made it clear that he valued women more than the unborn. We have the commonly used scripure from Exodus but there is also this, in which God makes it clear that He considers the unborn transient and insubstantial:
1603507722532.png

No religion with so little respect for women, to allow their husbands to have sex with them against their will, that is against abortion AND birth control....deserves any respect. Its repressive, singularly-focused laws on sex demonstrate a clear goal of producing more hands to put $$ into their collection plates. And their high level clergy living in luxury is one proof of that goal...so hypocritical when they encourage other clergy and nuns to give up all material things.

I dont agree with the Catholic church's made up and misinterpreted teachings. It's messed up. And God made it clear that he valued women more than the unborn. We have the commonly used scripure from Exodus but there is also this, in which God makes it clear that He considers the unborn transient and insubstantial:
View attachment 67301061

No religion with so little respect for women, to allow their husbands to have sex with them against their will, that is against abortion AND birth control....deserves any respect. Its repressive, singularly-focused laws on sex demonstrate a clear goal of producing more hands to put $$ into their collection plates. And their high level clergy living in luxury is one proof of that goal...so hypocritical when they encourage other clergy and nuns to give up all material things.
No, you don’t agree with basic tenets of Christian morality. You want a god who conforms to you. You don’t believe in any morality as understood in a Christian context. I don’t think you’re even actually Christian. The fact you go to the Methodist church is proof of this. You picked a denomination that conforms to you.

No, you don’t agree with basic tenets of Christian morality. You want a god who conforms to you. You don’t believe in any morality as understood in a Christian context. I don’t think you’re even actually Christian. The fact you go to the Methodist church is proof of this. You picked a denomination that conforms to you.

Still totally wrong. This is God's Word: compassion, forgiveness, brotherly love, and peace. Anything that doesnt break that Word is not a sin and is not immoral. Anything else was made up or misinterpreted by other religions. And your cult is the Queen of that. Other religions, IMO, mostly had spreading the Word and sharing His Message as their goals. But it's clear, as I wrote...the Catholic cult's goal is $$$ and influence.

If the church's teaching's come from the Bible then go find it in the Bible. Meanwhile I can find in the Bible instructions on how to abort a fetus in in the Ordeal of the Bitter Water Numbers 5:11–31. Nevermind that in the Bible that God has a history of having no problem with killing children. Take 4 Kings 2:23-24 where God sent two bears to maul 42 children for having made fun of a bald dude.

These abortion nut phonies calling themselves "Christian" these days need to go ahead and make their own book because they don't much seem to adhere to the one they claim to follow.

Parent number one Pope Francis has condemned a white cisgender heterosexual God for abusing and harassing the LGBT community from Sodom and Gomorrah.

Back
Top Bottom