• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pope bans vuvuzelas on British tour

spud_meister

Veni, vidi, dormivi!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
Pope bans vuvuzelas on British tour | The Daily Telegraph

THE pope has banned faithful followers from bringing vuvuzelas to his public appearances on his UK tour next month.

The controversial horns made famous by fans at South Africa's World Cup in June, were among a number of banned items at Pope Benedict XVI's events during his four-day tour, the papal press office confirmed.

Jeez, (excuse the blasphemy) what won't the pope ban?

Alcohol, barbecues, gazebos and even traditional candles are on the "do not bring" list on the pope's official visit website.

Seriously, candles? but then how will people light the vodka they use to cook on their sheltered barbecues.

I hardly ever agree with the pope, but I like this. Vuvuzelas are one of the most annoying things to ever curse this earth. Every world cup game sounded like a ticked off bee hive.

I hardly ever agree with the pope, but I like this. Vuvuzelas are one of the most annoying things to ever curse this earth. Every world cup game sounded like a ticked off bee hive.
I wonder if soccer (or football, as it is known in some areas of the world) will ever have rules about fan noise level?

I think Football (American) does - something about the players hearing the QB's play calling?

How the hell do you bring a gazebo with you?

With baby weather (wet and windy) forecast, barbecues are an unlikely "problem". In a time of austerity, why are we spending millions having the nazi leader of a worldwide paedophile ring visit?

With baby weather (wet and windy) forecast, barbecues are an unlikely "problem". In a time of austerity, why are we spending millions having the nazi leader of a worldwide paedophile ring visit?

Bit much?
(10 Characters)

Back
Top Bottom