• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pope admits clerical abuse of nuns including sexual slavery

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47134033

Pope Francis has admitted that clerics have sexually abused nuns, and in one case they were kept as sex slaves.

the pontiff admitted that the Church had an issue, the roots of which lie in "seeing women as second class".

Just keeps getting better and better doesn't it?

The roots lie in seeing women as second class. <-- How many of us "outsiders" have been saying this for decades?
The Catholic Church is a sexist organization from the ground up.
It's as plain as day.

The catholic church, ever the purveyor of morality and ethical purity.

This thing needs to be taken down with Rico.

At some point the truths will come out.... We know these long history of sex abuse of young boys by priest. What will be the story of young girls being sexually abused in the ranks of the Nun's?
If the story is speaking of Nun's being sexually abused by the Priest... then that does not leave much of anyone within the organization who is not potential targets of sexual abuse?

The big question is, "who came up with the idea" that these people and this group should make claim of being "non sexually active individuals"? And who brought about this programming of saying "they can't get married" scenario ?

None of them were born without "sexual organs" or the systems in the body that makes sexual functions part of the natural design of people? What does it try to convey of implications as if "Sex is Bad" ?
What does it promote of implying by claim of example, as if to imply that if "one is sexual" they can't also be spiritually devoted in their love of God?

If there has been so many priest that have been found to be homo-sexually inclined, then has anyone inquired or disclosed how many nun's are homo-sexually inclined? Is that a question people don't want to be asked?

Has there been any abortions performed on any Nuns whom have been sexually engaged by Priest?

There can be lots of questions, but often the questions are not asked.... "why"?
What is the truths of sexual and sexual activity in the organizations, behind and within the whole of things?

Questions, Questions, Questions ?????? Why the gender segregation in the organizations? What objective is it aiming to pursue or achieve?

Last edited:
On the other hand, this Pope has openly acknowledged the sex ralated problems of the Church and it is the first step in rectifying the problem. He's also the first Pope not from Italy. The Vatican Bank and the Catholic hurch are financially powerful and this whole scenario will keep the tabloids churning for a long time. The need to get some advice from the flamin' haired, white eyed, redskin with the forked tongue on how to handle this matter. Cohen needs a job and he might be able to help.
/

How can sex be so bad... if "BILLION'S" of people in every language on earth, have called out "Oh' God!!!" in the middle of engaging sex.... some even call out "Good Lord!!!", and still some in the passions of the moment, yell out "Jesus!!!!".... while some say, "Goodness !!!! Gracious!!!!"..... and some burst out in a simile that covers their body and a laughter of delight that is almost involuntarily giggly.... :doh

How can sex be so bad... if "BILLION'S" of people in every language on earth, have called out "Oh' God!!!" in the middle of engaging sex.... some even call out "Good Lord!!!", and still some in the passions of the moment, yell out "Jesus!!!!".... while some say, "Goodness !!!! Gracious!!!!"..... and some burst out in a simile that covers their body and a laughter of delight that is almost involuntarily giggly.... :doh

And some say "Oh God, I'm coming," like the time little Johnny was telling his Dad that we go to heaven feet first. His Dad asked how he knew that and he said he knew because his Mom was on the bed with her feet stratight in the air saying "Oh God, I'm coming" and she surely would have been a goner if Uncle Louie wasn't on her holding her down.
/

The roots lie in seeing women as second class. <-- How many of us "outsiders" have been saying this for decades?
It's as plain as day.

That conclusion is only considering this story, yet when we add in the past in dealing with priests going after little boys with all these other stories it all suggests the Catholic Church is nothing but a beacon of immorality.

Not unexpected. Born and raised as a Catholic, Kindergarten through 12 in Catholic schools.

So much happier now that I don't belong to such a horrible religion.

That conclusion is only considering this story, yet when we add in the past in dealing with priests going after little boys with all these other stories it all suggests the Catholic Church is nothing but a beacon of immorality.

Some feel that a Pope will be the eventual anti-christ. I wouldn't argue that.

Just another reason not to be a catholic. Disgusting.

What he said------^

It's as plain as day.
Not a big shock. Just read the bible and you will see the second class citizenship of females.

But saying that, this is the same in all major religions.

Sent from my Honor 8X using Tapatalk

How about this. Take away the tax exempt status if the church covers up any crime. At the point they cover crimes they are more concerned with protecting their financial bottom line than the religious needs and safety of those they serve.

These people should not just be removed, they should be prosecuted with the full force of law.

Good for the Pope for bringing this forward, but frankly from the outside looking in....doesn't the whole abstinence thing breed sexual crimes?

It's as plain as day.

The roots lie in the fact that these people are living their lives against human nature.

Human instincts will always win out over made up religious beliefs.

On the other hand, this Pope has openly acknowledged the sex ralated problems of the Church and it is the first step in rectifying the problem. He's also the first Pope not from Italy. The Vatican Bank and the Catholic hurch are financially powerful and this whole scenario will keep the tabloids churning for a long time. The need to get some advice from the flamin' haired, white eyed, redskin with the forked tongue on how to handle this matter. Cohen needs a job and he might be able to help.
/

"There have been 217 popes from Italy, 16 from France, 15 Greeks (of whom 3 born in Greece), 8 from Germany, 6 from Syria, 3 from Africa, 2 from Portugal, 2 from Spain, 3 from Iudaea (Israel), and one each from: England (Adrian IV); the Netherlands (Adrian VI); Poland (John Paul II); and most recently, Argentina "

My personal favorite: John Paul II from Poland, died 14 years ago.

How about this. Take away the tax exempt status if the church covers up any crime. At the point they cover crimes they are more concerned with protecting their financial bottom line than the religious needs and safety of those they serve.

These people should not just be removed, they should be prosecuted with the full force of law.

Good for the Pope for bringing this forward, but frankly from the outside looking in....doesn't the whole abstinence thing breed sexual crimes?

I was just speaking to my wife this morning about that....As a non practicing Catholic, all of the scandals concerning pedophilia, and now certain Priests having sorted affairs with Nuns, I think that the Church may be in need of a second reformation. Allowing Priests to marry, as well as more stringent, and discriminating policy of vetting potential prospects for the Priesthood during Seminary training, I think is long past due.

There is not one Abrahamic sect which sees women as equals to men because their books do not see any equality between men and women.

Mary is forgotten after a few pages in the NT. She married a much older man whose highest accomplishment was essentially having a donkey that could walk, and finding mangers. Mohammed took full advantage of his conquests to skirt chase and sleep with kids a-la-Roy Moore. The patriarchs of the Torah make it very clear that adultery meant jack **** to them. They took wives whenever they wanted.

Anyone who takes even a cursory view of the Desert Chronicles parts I through IV, comes to one glaring conclusion. It is impossible to be fair and respectful to women and follow the teachings of the sand people's to the T without encountering problems because our society has moved so far away from the ones in those books.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Last edited:

It's as plain as day.

I can't see any change in the Catholic church unless they go back to the "old days" when priests were allowed to marry and have families.
I really don't understand why they require celibacy from priests while at the same time allowing married men in Africa to be ordained as priests.

They probably are dressing the nuns up to look like Cub Scouts.:roll:

"There have been 217 popes from Italy, 16 from France, 15 Greeks (of whom 3 born in Greece), 8 from Germany, 6 from Syria, 3 from Africa, 2 from Portugal, 2 from Spain, 3 from Iudaea (Israel), and one each from: England (Adrian IV); the Netherlands (Adrian VI); Poland (John Paul II); and most recently, Argentina "

My personal favorite: John Paul II from Poland, died 14 years ago.

Thanks for the correction. I didn't know that.
/

/

The first Pope not from Italy?

Where do you get your history from?

Pope John Paul II ring a bell?

Some feel that a Pope will be the eventual anti-christ. I wouldn't argue that.
In my understanding not a particular Pope but rather the position of the pope.

This Synod can be read, in this area, as an expression of full communion with and in the Universal Church, and with the Roman Pontiff His Holiness John Paul II "the sweet Christ on earth".

Vatican Source #5: Synodus Episcoporum 15 - 8.10.1999

``Thank you, sweet Christ on earth, for those white hairs, for the suffering which has made you even more dear in our eyes, for your steps, as spiritually intrepid as physically tired,'' he said. ...

Source: John Norton for the Catholic News Service, May-18-2000

Back
Top Bottom