• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poor vs Rich Republicans and Democrats

Viking11

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I think Republicans and Democrats tend to be more economically right-wing and more socially liberal as they get richer. I don't know what I could show to prove this, but from years of observing and researching political stuff, I think this is about right.

Poor Republicans tend to be economically center-right and socially authoritarian.

Rich Republicans tend to be economically far-right and socially moderate.

Poor Democrats tend to be economically left-wing and socially moderate.

Rich Democrats tend to be economically center-left and socially liberal.

Last edited:
I think Republicans and Democrats tend to be more economically right-wing and more socially liberal as they get richer.

Or, perhaps, the same qualities - for example, self-reliance and tolerance - that make a person more libertarian are also generally conducive to financial success?

Last edited:
Poor Republicans that support the current crop of GOP economic dogma are a stop short of masochists.

Don't know about doctors being mostly liberal, by the way. Not in my experience. And among notables: Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Ben Carson, John Barrasso, Bill Cassidy...

Ah, here: Republican physicians now in the Congress: Republican: 16, Democratic: 4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physi...tes_Congress#Physicians_in_the_114th_Congress

Doctors in Congress are not the same as doctors in general. The fact that more republican doctors seem to care more about politics than democratic ones has nothing to do with how doctors in general feel. Generally the scientific fields which include Doctors are overwhelmingly liberal.

Or, perhaps, the same qualities - for example, self-reliance and tolerance - that make a person more libertarian are also generally conducive to financial success?

If everyone in the economy applies the principle of saving in vast amounts, We'd have a serious problem.

I think Republicans and Democrats tend to be more economically right-wing and more socially liberal as they get richer. I don't know what I could show to prove this, but from years of observing and researching political stuff, I think this is about right.

Poor Republicans tend to be economically center-right and socially authoritarian.

Rich Republicans tend to be economically far-right and socially moderate.

Poor Democrats tend to be economically left-wing and socially moderate.

Rich Democrats tend to be economically center-left and socially liberal.

Poor Republicans (making less than $250K taxable income per year) are not true Republicans they are instead Republican wanna be's.

Rich Republicans (making over $250K) are true Republicans. They are motivated by self interest and the GOP benefits them.

Poor Democrats (under $250K) are true Democrats. They too are benefitted by the DEM Party.

Rich Democrats (over $250K) are guilt ridden Democrats who don't mind paying higher taxes (like Bernie).

Poor Republicans that support the current crop of GOP economic dogma are a stop short of masochists.

I truly don't understand it. Governments around the world are purposefully retarding their own growth and the world is experiencing depressed demand. And voters are ok with it! Fear mongering over deficits will do that I guess..

when you actually go out into the world and earn your money, and know how hard it was to come by, you tend to want to keep it for yourself and your family

you know that paying taxes is part of the deal, but you want them to be as low as possible

so businessmen/women who build empires and wealth tend towards a more republican approach (lower taxes)

when you are born rich, or become rich more easily (hollywood, sports, inheritance, etc) those people sometimes take money for granted

and think that if they made it once, they can do it again....they tend to think more liberally

i know...very broad strokes of a very broad brush....

i have worked for a number of millionaires in my career....who all built their business from scratch

they were all staunch republicans....yet a LOT of their children were centrists, or even liberal in their thinking

because they were inheriting the wealth....not building it from scratch.....

Or perhaps, certain qualities - being born with an edge in life(financial, racial, IQ), makes someone self-reliant knowing that more freedom generally benefits the strong.

If everyone in the economy applies the principle of saving in vast amounts, We'd have a serious problem.

Yes, like massive investment and job creation with growing wages .

Or perhaps, certain qualities - being born with an edge in life(financial, racial, IQ), makes someone self-reliant knowing that more freedom generally benefits the strong.

"Strength" is relative. More freedom benefits everyone who keeps trying.

Perhaps some of them are not as dumb and envy-driven as their liberal benevolent overlord wannabes assume. But in general, it's like the old saying: Ideology always beats self-interest, and identity always beats ideology.

Yes, like massive investment and job creation with growing wages .

Nonsense. There's no reason this would occur. Why would anybody invest when there's no demand in the first place? Net savings, that's a drag on the economy as a whole. If everyone in the economy decided to start saving 5% of their income right now, the economy would shrink. Less spending, less sales for businesses, businesses cut back, investment slows down due to less demand.. Hell, the theory is already nonsense when you consider that profits are already through the roof for the wealthy across the world and they're not doing massive investment. Wages have been stagnant for decades, due to globalization, the destruction of labor unions.. (I fully support globalization and free trade by the way.)

when you actually go out into the world and earn your money, and know how hard it was to come by, you tend to want to keep it for yourself and your family

you know that paying taxes is part of the deal, but you want them to be as low as possible

so businessmen/women who build empires and wealth tend towards a more republican approach (lower taxes)

when you are born rich, or become rich more easily (hollywood, sports, inheritance, etc) those people sometimes take money for granted

and think that if they made it once, they can do it again....they tend to think more liberally

i know...very broad strokes of a very broad brush....

i have worked for a number of millionaires in my career....who all built their business from scratch

they were all staunch republicans....yet a LOT of their children were centrists, or even liberal in their thinking

because they were inheriting the wealth....not building it from scratch.....

But yet you support one of those born with a Platinum spoon in his mouth that up until this election was as Liberal as they come, care to explain the inconsistency?

What does "more freedom" even mean? No more environmental regulations? Yeah, the majority of Americans definitely are being held back because of modest regulations..

Tell that to the woman working two jobs to try and feed her kids that still needs food stamps on top of it.

Tell that to the woman working two jobs to try and feed her kids that still needs food stamps on top of it.

She is the engine of our economy. Spending most/all of her income and providing sales.

Nonsense. There's no reason this would occur. Why would anybody invest when there's no demand in the first place? .

Expanding demand is created by increased supply. There was no demand for iPhones before iPhones were invented, developed and manufactured - which required long-term investment. Perpetually spending what we earn on what is immediately available would mean still sitting in caves and trading stones and sticks.

And we are not talking about some exorbitant levels of savings - just basic, common-sense prudence. Make sure your savings are growing at a steady rate, that's all. This is not how most Americans behave these days.

(As for the rich not doing massive investment - of course they are doing exactly that. There's only one problem: Not enough rich people in the world).

Give me a hint ... whom are you talking about ??

You know, he has a spider on his head, seen it move a few times, I suspect it might be an alien controlling it's host................:wink2:

Restrict economic freedoms further, and perhaps only one of her two jobs will remain available. And her food stamps will buys less, because prices of food will be higher.

But yet you support one of those born with a Platinum spoon in his mouth that up until this election was as Liberal as they come, care to explain the inconsistency?

my vote will be more against Hillary than for Trump

in my opinion, we cant afford Hillary after eight years of Obama

Back
Top Bottom