• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poor vs Rich Republicans and Democrats

What long term benefit? People invest when they're comfortable that there will be demand. If people cut back across the country, sales go down, people get laid off.. Hell, look at the recent recession. People weren't spending. Look what happened.

Lol.... You have no clue why investors react the way they do.

Investor actions and reactions arent part of the Progressive short term knee jerk solution that claims a Govt can spend and borrow its way to prosperity.

You ignore the investor on princple so dont pretend to understand what motivates them to save or spend

Last edited:
It's not about "trickle down economics", it is pure common sense. Low-level jobs are predominantly in low-margin industries. Increase the minimum wage or slap an additional regulatory burden on a restaurant or a laundry, she is priced out.
False. Worst case scenario is that her boss might have to raise prices by a few pennies, but since everyone would be making more money that's irrelevant.

And when the same happens to food producers and distributors, they also cut positions,
False, as has been proven time and time again by actual data.

or compensate by raising prices
Maybe, but it's also possible that the boss eats the cost and doesn't raise prices at all. All it takes is for a few of his competitors to do that and he pretty much has no choice. Furthermore even if the prices goes up as we mentioned it doesn't hurt because everyone is making more money.

False. Worst case scenario is that her boss might have to raise prices by a few pennies, but since everyone would be making more money that's irrelevant.

False, as has been proven time and time again by actual data.

Maybe, but it's also possible that the boss eats the cost and doesn't raise prices at all. All it takes is for a few of his competitors to do that and he pretty much has no choice. Furthermore even if the prices goes up as we mentioned it doesn't hurt because everyone is making more money.

Jerry Brown Admits $15 Min Wage Bad; Signs Anyway - Breitbart

Same difference as far as knowing anything about taxes goes.

You have no idea how well educated I am or a truck driver is. Either of us can be well educated in economics or not educated at all. Using this kind of left-handed insults is simply a way to try to discredit me and the arguments I make without having to actually make an effort to discuss them.

You have no idea how well educated I am or a truck driver is. Either of us can be well educated in economics or not educated at all. Using this kind of left-handed insults is simply a way to try to discredit me and the arguments I make without having to actually make an effort to discuss them.

It is irrelevant because neither of you knows squat about taxation.

..and what exactly is it that grants you the ability to read my mind and the minds of every truck driver in the world??

All the drop outs from my high school became truck drivers.

I see them every 5 years at the reunions.

They talk just like you do about things they know nothing about.

That's how.

For an individual state to raise it's minimum wage significantly above the federal level is an economic mixed bag. It makes more sense to raise it at the federal level, but since congress is currently run by a bunch of ass clowns individual states are taking it upon themselves to do the right thing. There may be some negatives from that, but overall it will still be a benefit to the state.

Also it's time for people like you and apparently Jerry Brown to wake up to the reality that what makes moral sense always makes economic sense.

Last edited:
Care to offer up a better alternative to incentivizing private sector investment ?
Sure, how about restructuring debt to help consumers who victimized by predatory lenders and replacing student loan debt with a voluntary income tax to help those who are on their first job out of college and not making as much as they expected.

And dont say " investment in infrastructure and or education "

Those arent legimate economic proposals,
Yeah they actually are, and you are about the last person in the world to be the judge of what makes economic sense.

those are Bernie Sanders talking points meant to reel in the naive and uniformed.

Hillary/Obama guy myself actually and even the most conservative economists in the world have been forced to admit that Obama's early investments in those exact things created or saved at least 2 million jobs during the recession.

All the drop outs from my high school became truck drivers.

I see them every 5 years at the reunions.

They talk just like you do about things they know nothing about.

That's how.

What a load of crap... The chances of every dropout form your High School becoming truck drivers is pretty close to 0. I'd like to suggest that you leave grandma's basement for a couple of hours and get a little fresh air. Going for a nice walk can do wonders for your mental abilities (something that you could use every bit of help possible, since you can't even come up with a semi-plausible lie to back up your previous lines of BS).

What a load of crap... The chances of every dropout form your High School becoming truck drivers is pretty close to 0. I'd like to suggest that you leave grandma's basement for a couple of hours and get a little fresh air. Going for a nice walk can do wonders for your mental abilities (something that you could use every bit of help possible, since you can't even come up with a semi-plausible lie to back up your previous lines of BS).

Argumentative.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

Sure, how about restructuring debt to help consumers who victimized by predatory lenders and replacing student loan debt with a voluntary income tax to help those who are on their first job out of college and not making as much as they expected.

Yeah they actually are, and you are about the last person in the world to be the judge of what makes economic sense.

Hillary/Obama guy myself actually and even the most conservative economists in the world have been forced to admit that Obama's early investments in those exact things created or saved at least 2 million jobs during the recession.

No, theyre not real economic proposals and the proof is that people like you promote them as such.

For an individual state to raise it's minimum wage significantly above the federal level is an economic mixed bag. It makes more sense to raise it at the federal level, but since congress is currently run by a bunch of ass clowns individual states are taking it upon themselves to do the right thing. There may be some negatives from that, but overall it will still be a benefit to the state.

Also it's time for people like you and apparently Jerry Brown to wake up to the reality that what makes moral sense always makes economic sense.

So California driving off MORE of its tax base why it slips further and further into debt makes sense to you ?

No, theyre not real economic proposals and the proof is that people like you promote them as such.

Oh name those " Conservative economist " that supported Obama wasted stimulus please

Care to offer up a better alternative to incentivizing private sector investment ?

And dont say " investment in infrastructure and or education "

Those arent legimate economic proposals, those are Bernie Sanders talking points meant to reel in the naive and uniformed.

Since the lack of investment has nothing to do with liquidity the answer is to increase demand. How would you suggest we put more money in the hands of the middle class? History has shown they will spend it if they can get it.

Since the lack of investment has nothing to do with liquidity the answer is to increase demand. How would you suggest we put more money in the hands of the middle class? History has shown they will spend it if they can get it.

" Stimulus to increase aggregate demand ".....you people parrot that nonsense because you litterally have nothing else to offer up

How to put more money into the hands of the MiddleClass ? How about not taking it in the first place by jacking up their premiums, deductibles and out of pocket expenses for Healthcare ?

You people have some nerve speaking for the MiddleClass. Your'e their worst enemy

" Stimulus to increase aggregate demand ".....you people parrot that nonsense because you litterally have nothing else to offer up

How to put more money into the hands of the MiddleClass ? How about not taking it in the first place by jacking up their premiums, deductibles and out of pocket expenses for Healthcare ?

You people have some nerve speaking for the MiddleClass. Your'e their worst enemy

I see you are the one with nothing like all the other Conservatives. No wonder they are becoming more marginalized by the day.

Oh name those " Conservative economist " that supported Obama wasted stimulus please

I didn't say they supported it, I said they were forced to admit that it created or saved jobs.

So California driving off MORE of its tax base why it slips further and further into debt makes sense to you ?

It doesn't matter how many times you repeat that nonsensically stupid belief of yours it still won't be true. California has an economy the size of Russia, and they are about a 1000 new start ups showing up in California every week. They are projected to continue growing at a rate above the national average well into the next decade. Meanwhile Texas' unemployment rate continues to get worse as the price of oil falls.

It doesn't matter how many times you repeat that nonsensically stupid belief of yours it still won't be true. California has an economy the size of Russia, and they are about a 1000 new start ups showing up in California every week. They are projected to continue growing at a rate above the national average well into the next decade. Meanwhile Texas' unemployment rate continues to get worse as the price of oil falls.

Hahahaha !!

Your drivel is so easy to rebut...

9000 Companies leave for greener pastures

California lost 9,000 business HQs and expansions, mostly to Texas, seven-year study says - Dallas Business Journal
https:

Oh wow, Cali has the highest unfunded pension liabilities in the Nation
California Faces Death by Pension | The American Spectator

Cali highest child poverty rates

California Has Highest Child Poverty Rate In Nation | KPBS

Back
Top Bottom