• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poor Judgment Has Material Consequences...for everyone except Trump, it seems

Xelor

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
During the past few years, we have witnessed multiple individuals' having to pay for the poor judgment they showed by at some point in the past speaking and/or behaving irresponsibly, reprehensibly or, in some instances, seemingly unlawfully. Last night, Kevin Hart's imprudence, like that of many others (renowned or not), caught up with him and obliged him to abnegate hosting the "Oscar" awards ceremony.

To Hart's credit, he handled the matter gracefully; however, that he didn't doesn't alter the appropriateness of his having to "pay the piper," as it were.

Hart and others who've had to acknowledge and pay for their poor judgment differ materially from Donald Trump. For all his tacit and explicit reprobate remarks and references, Trump has yet to suffer rubke from the one group of people who have the power to bring him materially to heel as have so many others; moreover, there's nothing auguring that ever will change.

How did we become a country wherein one person is above having to do penance, yet everyone else is not? Being so is the very definition of debauched and depraved, yet thus is whom and what our society is.

WTF is “rubke?” Similar to “bupkis?”

“Abnegate!” :thumbs:

During the past few years, we have witnessed multiple individuals' having to pay for the poor judgment they showed by at some point in the past speaking and/or behaving irresponsibly, reprehensibly or, in some instances, seemingly unlawfully. Last night, Kevin Hart's imprudence, like that of many others (renowned or not), caught up with him and obliged him to abnegate hosting the "Oscar" awards ceremony.

To Hart's credit, he handled the matter gracefully; however, that he didn't doesn't alter the appropriateness of his having to "pay the piper," as it were.

Hart and others who've had to acknowledge and pay for their poor judgment differ materially from Donald Trump. For all his tacit and explicit reprobate remarks and references, Trump has yet to suffer rubke from the one group of people who have the power to bring him materially to heel as have so many others; moreover, there's nothing auguring that ever will change.

How did we become a country wherein one person is above having to do penance, yet everyone else is not? Being so is the very definition of debauched and depraved, yet thus is whom and what our society is.

Holding Donald Trump accountable for his remarks runs the risk of Democrats gaining even more political capital than they've already accumulated during his administration. By trolling, coming up with asinine excuses, and otherwise advocating for the man regardless of their own reputation, conservatives are trying to mitigate the gains being enjoyed by liberals. I believe that secretly even die-hard Trump supporters absolutely dread every time he opens his mouth. Rather than admit the truth and prop up the democrats, it's better to lie and pretend in order to deny them as much political gain as possible.

Try again. Here's your "depraved and debauched".

BIll Clinton Perv Island.jpg

bill-clinton-ariana-grande-aretha-funeral1.jpg

Holding Donald Trump accountable for his remarks runs the risk of Democrats gaining even more political capital than they've already accumulated during his administration. By trolling, coming up with asinine excuses, and otherwise advocating for the man regardless of their own reputation, conservatives are trying to mitigate the gains being enjoyed by liberals. I believe that secretly even die-hard Trump supporters absolutely dread every time he opens his mouth. Rather than admit the truth and prop up the democrats, it's better to lie and pretend in order to deny them as much political gain as possible.

Unfortunately, this^^^. Gonna get worse, imo.

Try again. Here's your "depraved and debauched".
Nope.
Like always, Republicans take things people do, and do it 10x more, and 10x worse, then claim "but see, everyone does it!" False equivalency FTW!

They why was it a Republican, Alexander Acosta, that gave Epstein and all potential co-conspirators immunity for no reason and thus, stopped the investigation?
A now-Trump defender, Dershowitz, who also got at least one massage there?
Why did Trump recently appoint that same guy, to labor secretary?

“I’ve known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy,” Trump said. “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it—Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

JeffreyEpsteinDonaldTrumpBillClintonSexOffenderBearStearnsChildMolestation.jpg

Then why is it up to Democrats in the House to look into the Epstein case?
Wh

Some people...like comedians who's livelihoods depend up on it...are worried about public opinion. Other people...like Trump...don't give a rat's ass about public opinion...he just keeps doing what he told his voters he would do.

WTF is “rubke?” Similar to “bupkis?”

“Abnegate!” :thumbs:

"Rubke" is a typo of "rebuke." My mistake. TY for noticing it. I'm going to have to proofread my posts....what I don't understand is why the online spell-checker didn't display a red squiggly line under that word. I don't ignore those "prompts."

Nope.
Like always, Republicans take things people do, and do it 10x more, and 10x worse, then claim "but see, everyone does it!" False equivalency FTW!

They why was it a Republican, Alexander Acosta, that gave Epstein and all potential co-conspirators immunity for no reason and thus, stopped the investigation?

“I’ve known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy,” Trump said. “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it—Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

Wh

Trump’s date looks thrilled.......small forefinger......

Holding Donald Trump accountable for his remarks runs the risk of Democrats gaining even more political capital than they've already accumulated during his administration. By trolling, coming up with asinine excuses, and otherwise advocating for the man regardless of their own reputation, conservatives are trying to mitigate the gains being enjoyed by liberals.
That behavior is the very definition of what it means to prioritize politics over public policy's intrinsic merit(s) and over character in general. I'm not oblivious of folks doing that; however, I'm both appalled and abashed at the the pervasiveness of people's predilection to do so.

I believe that secretly even die-hard Trump supporters absolutely dread every time he opens his mouth. Rather than admit the truth and prop up the democrats, it's better to lie and pretend in order to deny them as much political gain as possible.

Red:
That's optimistic of you. I am not similarly so because I've seen nothing in their words or deeds that militate for believing they are thus trepidatious.

Nope.

Wh

Because Clinton, apparently.

The GOP will probably collapse when both of the Clintons die. But hey, maybe they'll just claim Chelsea was the real mover behind "it" all.

That behavior is the very definition of what it means to prioritize politics over public policy's intrinsic merit(s) and over character in general. I'm not oblivious of folks doing that; however, I'm both appalled and abashed at the the pervasiveness of people's predilection to do so.

Can't argue with you there. I see it as a sign of just how terrifying the Obama administration was for them. Desperate times and all that.

Red:
That's optimistic of you. I am not similarly so because I've seen nothing in their words or deeds that militate for believing they are thus trepidatious.

It's possible that I'm just choosing to believe it because I don't want to face the possibility that people who seem otherwise rational could have such a lack of self-awareness.

Last edited:
Is the point of this thread that people in power receive different treatment than the common citizen?

Or just s circle jerk and finger pointing expo?

Is the point of this thread that people in power receive different treatment than the common citizen?

Or just s circle jerk and finger pointing expo?
  1. The point of the thread is found in the OP.
  2. Why would you even remotely consider positing the thread's point be "people in power receive different treatment than the common citizen" when extant are numerous examples of people in positions of political power and non-political power having been held to account for their poor judgment? To name a few:
    • President Richard Nixon
    • Vice President Spiro Agnew
    • Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert
    • Sen. Al Franken
    • Would-be US senator "What's His Name" from Alabama
    • Weinstein
    • Matt Lauer
    • The NBC news anchor who got "demoted" to MSNBC
    • Meghan Fox
    • Trump's former EPA Director
    • Many a professional sports player
    • Tiger Woods