• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poof! The Caravan is Gone!

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Maybe Trump should get Acosta back in the WH so he can ask him about the caravan again! :lamo

It was all the rage on Fox News and conservative radio for weeks–until the midterm elections on Tuesday. On Monday, the term “caravan” was mentioned 86 times on Fox News and Fox Business Network shows, according to transcripts on Nexis. By election day, that number had dropped in half to 42. And yesterday, it was only mentioned 23 times on both networks–even less, if you don’t count the four clips of CNN reporter Jim Acosta’s question about the caravan for President Trump during their heated exchange at his press conference.

Now that the election’s over, Fox News and Trump seem to have lost interest in the caravan

Hmmm...

Are the military units still down there along the border building border installations?

Have the border patrol and other immigration agents been removed?

If not, then there is nothing more to report. They will do their duty when the caravan arrives. :coffeepap:

NOOOOO!!!!!! I wanted play by play wall to wall Caravan Coverage!!!!!!!!!! Where is it dammit!

It was mostly just fear mongering for the election. Don't need it now.

I wonder how many of them now think that just b/c Trump sent troops there. That that solved the problem...

Two days, no caravan hysteria. :cool:

Curious concept that the day after the midterms the media shouldn't be talking about the election. Rather, the media should be talking about pre-election issues raised by the candidates. That, of course, makes no sense.

Curious, how 2 days after the election and not a word universal Medicare for everyone and tragic stories because of it by ANY MSM outlet, Obama, Pelosi, Schumer, or Waters. I guess they really did care about that afterall, just like they didn't when President Obama had majority in both houses of Congress.

It was mostly just fear mongering for the election. Don't need it now.

Of course it was fear mongering to persuade the racist redneck conservatives to vote republikkkan. Sadly it worked. Just like it has worked in many other countries. But of course the people who want the army to kill the 'caravan' people will claim they are 'christian', 'pro-life' and NOT racist.

Fox News had wall to wall coverage before the election. Not several times.... Fox News no longer cares.

trump must be panicking. They have released a FAKE video showing a ***** grabbed intern being bashed by Acosta to show trump supporters how the media - NOT FOX - is the enemy of the people. Hmmm who else said the media was the enemy of the people? First name starts with A...D....O....L

Curious concept that the day after the midterms the media shouldn't be talking about the election. Rather, the media should be talking about pre-election issues raised by the candidates. That, of course, makes no sense.

Curious, how 2 days after the election and not a word universal Medicare for everyone and tragic stories because of it by ANY MSM outlet, Obama, Pelosi, Schumer, or Waters. I guess they really did care about that afterall, just like they didn't when President Obama had majority in both houses of Congress.

The caravan was supposed to be such a THREAT BE SCARED THEY'RE COMING BROWN PEOPLE AND GANG MEMBERS!!! that Dear Leader ordered, he said, FIFTEEN THOUSAND TROOPS to the border to keep us safe.

Turns out it was all bull****, there was never any threat, and he just did it to gin up a few votes from dumb people worried about a caravan of illegals that was weeks from reaching the border if they ever did.

I read somewhere that the caravan is weakening. What if it disbands before they make it to the US border?

I read an essay about the military units who've been sent to the southern border. In that piece, appears a rather innocuous sentence: "The armed forces can also work to reinforce infrastructure around the border, like putting additional razor wire on border fences."

That got me wondering whether Trump is surreptitiously directing the huge bump in the Pentagon's budget to use the military to build his friggin' wall....So I checked to see from what organizations within the military personnel have been deployed to the border. There are whole lot of administrative folks, engineers, and training personnel deployed down there.

Now I can think of many a reason to send administrators/managers, training teams, and intel gatherers. I'm not sure why they'd send folks whose particular skill is building things like bridges and buildings....Some, sure, to erect a base camp of operations; however, it seems quite a lot of structural engineering types have been sent there...
  1. 87th Engineer Sapper Company (minimally ~60 people are in a company, and it could be as many as ~200)
  2. 937th Engineer Sapper Company
  3. 541st Engineer Sapper Company
  4. 104th Engineer Construction (Company)
  5. 15th Engineer Company (Horizontal) (Company)
  6. 887th Engineer Support Company
  7. 41st Engineer Company (Clearance)
That's at least 400+ people whose jobs in one way or another entail building things -- clearing and grading land, erecting structures, etc.

Why are there so many such folks sent there? Are they using Pentagon dollars to build the closest thing they can to a wall?

I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me to find that's what the military are there doing seeing as they aren't at the border line itself and neither would the wall (or an approximation of it) be built right on the edge of the border, nor, in the middle of nowhere, does it need to be.

That’s actually a great idea. He should just use the military engineer corps to build the wall. It is a national defense expenditure.

trump must be panicking. They have released a FAKE video showing a ***** grabbed intern being bashed by Acosta to show trump supporters how the media - NOT FOX - is the enemy of the people. Hmmm who else said the media was the enemy of the people? First name starts with A...D....O....L

The left has more in common with Hitler than any other ideology. Here lets see if you agree.
Hitler took guns away, do you support our second amendment or do you want it further controlled?

So, this caravan you threw together, thinking it would help the election, fell apart and mostly went home because troops awaited them on the border, and you post this?

Trump solved the caravan problem. I understand solving problems is actually foreign to you.

Illegal immigration remains a massive concern, if that's what you're wondering.

Meanwhile, you're magically inventing votes in Florida and Arizona, so I suggest you get back to it.

I read an essay about the military units who've been sent to the southern border. In that piece, appears a rather innocuous sentence: "The armed forces can also work to reinforce infrastructure around the border, like putting additional razor wire on border fences."

That got me wondering whether Trump is surreptitiously directing the huge bump in the Pentagon's budget to use the military to build his friggin' wall....So I checked to see from what organizations within the military personnel have been deployed to the border. There are whole lot of administrative folks, engineers, and training personnel deployed down there.

Now I can think of many a reason to send administrators/managers, training teams, and intel gatherers. I'm not sure why they'd send folks whose particular skill is building things like bridges and buildings....Some, sure, to erect a base camp of operations; however, it seems quite a lot of structural engineering types have been sent there...
  1. 87th Engineer Sapper Company (minimally ~60 people are in a company, and it could be as many as ~200)
  2. 937th Engineer Sapper Company
  3. 541st Engineer Sapper Company
  4. 104th Engineer Construction (Company)
  5. 15th Engineer Company (Horizontal) (Company)
  6. 887th Engineer Support Company
  7. 41st Engineer Company (Clearance)
That's at least 400+ people whose jobs in one way or another entail building things -- clearing and grading land, erecting structures, etc.

Why are there so many such folks sent there? Are they using Pentagon dollars to build the closest thing they can to a wall?

I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me to find that's what the military are there doing seeing as they aren't at the border line itself and neither would the wall (or an approximation of it) be built right on the edge of the border, nor, in the middle of nowhere, does it need to be.

Don't worry. They aren't building a wall.

8QOICR2J.jpg

DrKd3XTVsAAlSrd.jpg

However, if a couple hundred/thousand people in the mob think they are going to storm the border entry point like they did in Mexico they had better think again. That concertina is nasty stuff...not to mention this:

Dqy8wBMWwAEVtjD.jpg

Hmmm...

Are the military units still down there along the border building border installations?

Have the border patrol and other immigration agents been removed?

If not, then there is nothing more to report. They will do their duty when the caravan arrives. :coffeepap:

Nothing of propaganda value, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom