• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poof! The Caravan is Gone!

Trump solved the caravan problem

That knocked the wind out of their sails.

So why isn't Trump tweeting about his massive success? Or does Fox News have to tell him how successful it is? This is seriously pathetic. He tweeted 9 times about the Caravan before Election Day. Now. Zero. Not a peep. You'd think he'd visit the troops on July 4 down there at least?

They are contracting buses to take then the rest of the way because of cold temperatures. Pitch in for gas and warm clothes for our brothers nd sisters.

So, this caravan you threw together, thinking it would help the election, fell apart and mostly went home because troops awaited them on the border, and you post this?

Trump solved the caravan problem. I understand solving problems is actually foreign to you.

Illegal immigration remains a massive concern, if that's what you're wondering.

Meanwhile, you're magically inventing votes in Florida and Arizona, so I suggest you get back to it.

Trump did nothing. They're still resting up in Mexico City, and will resume the trek north soon. They seem mostly unaware of Trump fomenting hate, but even those that do want to make a bid for safety.

Of course it was fear mongering to persuade the racist redneck conservatives to vote republikkkan. Sadly it worked. Just like it has worked in many other countries. But of course the people who want the army to kill the 'caravan' people will claim they are 'christian', 'pro-life' and NOT racist.

They will claim it justified if pebbles are thrown.

Maybe Trump should get Acosta back in the WH so he can ask him about the caravan again! :lamo

Now that the election’s over, Fox News and Trump seem to have lost interest in the caravan

The caravan isn't gone, just the reporting of it.

I see the same thing where I am.

Every day there were stories about what they were doing, but not anymore.

I wouldn't have thought the US mid-term elections had such an impact on Mexican news reporting, but it did.

Why, I don't know.

I read somewhere that the caravan is weakening. What if it disbands before they make it to the US border?

It won't be disbanded as much as put to work by the cartels.

Curious concept that the day after the midterms the media shouldn't be talking about the election. Rather, the media should be talking about pre-election issues raised by the candidates. That, of course, makes no sense.

Curious, how 2 days after the election and not a word universal Medicare for everyone and tragic stories because of it by ANY MSM outlet, Obama, Pelosi, Schumer, or Waters. I guess they really did care about that afterall, just like they didn't when President Obama had majority in both houses of Congress.

Both parties have done their job and kept us divided and hating each others. Now it is time to blame the other party for these worthless bought and paid for party puppets never getting anything done. That is unless the rich and powerful who fund and own both parties needs something like a few trillion for the bankers. Then it is done almost overnight.

Maybe Trump should get Acosta back in the WH so he can ask him about the caravan again! :lamo

Now that the election’s over, Fox News and Trump seem to have lost interest in the caravan

Er, nope: https://www.foxnews.com/world/migrant-caravan-leaves-mexico-city-with-eyes-on-march-to-us-border

The only ones that have lost interest seem to be the liberal media, because now that the election is over, they no longer have to keep it in focus with a 'everyone is racist but us' drumbeat going.

The caravan was always the shiny object to bring Trump voters to the polls. Elections are over and the object goes back in the pocket. Unfortunately for the GOP there aren’t enough Trump zombies to make a difference — they already were going GOP. Dems walked away with solid Democratic areas and swing areas.

one article =/= a focused propaganda campaign that Newt Gingrich said was going to run through the midterms.

It's sad how people like you don't even bother to check things before you post nonsense like this.

So yeah, that was that 'one article' from today.

and then yesterday: https://www.foxnews.com/world/migrant-caravan-spends-night-in-central-mexican-city

And the day before that: https://www.foxnews.com/world/bulk-of-migrant-caravan-prepares-to-depart-mexico-city

And the day before that:https://www.foxnews.com/world/migrants-decide-to-depart-mexico-city-with-or-without-buses

And the day before that: https://www.foxnews.com/world/in-honduras-most-returnees-from-caravan-hope-to-try-again

And.... election day: https://www.foxnews.com/world/migrants-weigh-whether-to-stay-in-mexico-resume-trek-to-us

And those were as simply to find as using a thing called a search function on the website in question, and then picking one article from each of those days (most had at least two, some had even more).

Any other bull**** claims you'd like me to debunk while I'm at it?

Read post 37:

Read post 41:
It's sad how people like you don't even bother to check things before you post nonsense like this.

So yeah, that was that 'one article' from today.

and then yesterday: https://www.foxnews.com/world/migrant-caravan-spends-night-in-central-mexican-city

And the day before that: https://www.foxnews.com/world/bulk-of-migrant-caravan-prepares-to-depart-mexico-city

And the day before that:https://www.foxnews.com/world/migrants-decide-to-depart-mexico-city-with-or-without-buses

And the day before that: https://www.foxnews.com/world/in-honduras-most-returnees-from-caravan-hope-to-try-again

And.... election day: https://www.foxnews.com/world/migrants-weigh-whether-to-stay-in-mexico-resume-trek-to-us

And those were as simply to find as using a thing called a search function on the website in question, and then picking one article from each of those days (most had at least two, some had even more).

Any other bull**** claims you'd like me to debunk while I'm at it?

Read post 41:

an article a day does not equal wall to wall coverage.

Here's a breakdown:

Over the final two weeks of the midterm elections, according to closed-captioning data compiled by the Internet Archive, Fox News and Fox Business Channel each mentioned the word caravan in an average of a little over 3 percent of 15-second segments over the course of a day. In other words, the caravan was mentioned an average of almost eight times an hour. On CNN and MSNBC, the mentions were more modest, but not nonexistent.

On Monday, both CNN and Fox News mentioned the caravan more than 80 times. On Tuesday, more than 40. On Wednesday and Thursday, the subject was raised fewer than 80 times across CNN, MSNBC, Fox News and Fox Business combined.

The caravan has all but vanished from cable news

an article a day does not equal wall to wall coverage.

Here's a breakdown:

The caravan has all but vanished from cable news

As I said, had you actually read post 41, "those were as simply to find as using a thing called a search function on the website in question, and then picking one article from each of those days (most had at least two, some had even more)."

I understand you're now frantically trying to save face after being shown to be utterly wrong in your assertions, but really, at least have the grace to admit that your source snookered you with false claims.

It's pretty obvious that the "Caravan" was the embodiment of Trumps two plank platform, Fear and Hate. Now that the election is over Trump and his followers are on to the next shinny object to be afraid of and hate. :roll:

As I said, had you actually read post 41, "those were as simply to find as using a thing called a search function on the website in question, and then picking one article from each of those days (most had at least two, some had even more)."

I understand you're now frantically trying to save face after being shown to be utterly wrong in your assertions, but really, at least have the grace to admit that your source snookered you with false claims.

No. I just posted the breakdown of the dwindling coverage of the caravan on Fox News and you are simply ignoring it.

No. I just posted the breakdown of the dwindling coverage of the caravan on Fox News and you are simply ignoring it.

No, you posted a paywall article that, from your quote, seems to look at a number of Fox news mentions of the caravan before the election and then goes on to combine their numbers with CNN's numbers together after the election to claim there has been a decline, which in reality tells us little (for example, let's say I have 50 mentions of something a day and someone else has 30 mentions of something a day. Then we go and combine us together several days later and say "oh, now there's x amount a day, there's been a decrease by you", but in reality I could easily still have those 50 mentions but they could have now 5 mentions, etc. - no decrease by me, but because you tacked on someone else, that fact is hidden).

No, you posted a paywall article that, from your quote, seems to look at a number of Fox news mentions of the caravan before the election and then goes on to combine their numbers with CNN's numbers together after the election to claim there has been a decline, which in reality tells us little (for example, let's say I have 50 mentions of something a day and someone else has 30 mentions of something a day. Then we go and combine us together several days later and say "oh, now there's x amount a day, there's been a decrease by you", but in reality I could easily still have those 50 mentions but they could have now 5 mentions, etc. - no decrease by me, but because you tacked on someone else, that fact is hidden).

You're backtracking now. Just watch Fox News for 24 hours and count how many times they mention the caravan. You'll see the Wash Post is right.

The dwindling coverage is obvious enough if we turn on the TV. There's simply been less of it. There's less on Fox, less on CNN, on BBC and Al Jazzera, Twitter; the President seems to have largely forgotten and there's less buzz about it on internet forums as well as the merits of more relaxed or stricter immigration policies or birthright citizenship. The topic served its purpose to fire up certain crowds before the election and now isn't even being debated here: in fact we're left only debating how little it is being debated. How 'meta' is that?

You're backtracking now.
I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Just watch Fox News for 24 hours and count how many times they mention the caravan. You'll see the Wash Post is right.
I watched it a good portion of the day yesterday and now today. I saw it mentioned numerous times -too many to count.

I can't see if a paywalled article that I won't be giving my hard-earned money to read is 'right', especially when your excerpt shows an extremely questionable means of comparison that I already explained.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom