• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ponder this

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Democrats want to keep schools and churches closed. Do you wonder why. That is where people go to vote!!!!

I thought Democrats wanted mail in voting.

Democrats want to keep schools and churches closed. Do you wonder why. That is where people go to vote!!!!

Whether schools and churches are open for kids and church goers has NOTHING to do with whether these facilities will be open for polling. Good lord, that's pathetic... The bigger concern is poll workers, mostly retired, and how many will be available to man the polls.

Tell you what, how about we put out some old drive up mailboxes in front of the polling station and let people just drive up and drop off their ballots. Print them at home and do ID verification right in the drive thru lane.

Hell, I'll even agree to let the poll watchers dress up like colonial soldiers and ride white horse out front all patriotic and such...

Whether schools and churches are open for kids and church goers has NOTHING to do with whether these facilities will be open for polling. Good lord, that's pathetic... The bigger concern is poll workers, mostly retired, and how many will be available to man the polls.

Tell you what, how about we put out some old drive up mailboxes in front of the polling station and let people just drive up and drop off their ballots. Print them at home and do ID verification right in the drive thru lane.

Hell, I'll even agree to let the poll watchers dress up like colonial soldiers and ride white horse out front all patriotic and such...
Well it does too!!!! Because if they can be opened for voting, they can be opened for services and schooling.

Well it does too!!!! Because if they can be opened for voting, they can be opened for services and schooling.

Only to those ignorant of the risks during a pandemic... Utilizing as a polling place is a contract between the elections board and the facility.

They've been brutalized by Fox News programming and daytime talk radio for decades. This is the result.

Does anyone else feel like they're babysitting?

They've been brutalized by Fox News programming and daytime talk radio for decades. This is the result.

One thread after another with every excuse in the book to try to suppress the vote... They know what's coming and it isn't pretty for their candidates...

They want to keep them closed for safety so that large numbers of people don't congregate there for long periods of time.

They are not boarding them up or padlocking them, they can reopen safely with social distancing to vote and require masks.

They want to keep them closed for safety so that large numbers of people don't congregate there for long periods of time.

They are not boarding them up or padlocking them, they can reopen safely with social distancing to vote and require masks.

It amazing that this has to be articulated, but here we are.

It amazing that this has to be articulated, but here we are.

Notice how he didn't even respond to my idea of just using the parking lots and doing drive through voting.... LMAO.....

Notice how he didn't even respond to my idea of just using the parking lots and doing drive through voting.... LMAO.....

Its nothing but another in a long string of binary, Republicans good, Democrats bad threads.

Its nothing but another in a long string of binary, Republicans good, Democrats bad threads.

Doesn’t it warm your heart to know you served your country for these patriots.. [emoji1787]

Doesn’t it warm your heart to know you served your country for these patriots.. [emoji1787]

If nothing else, it crystallized the fact that it's my duty to do everything in my power to vote out Trump.

If nothing else, it crystallized the fact that it's my duty to do everything in my power to vote out Trump.

Absolutely.... There is work here in Texas to do as well... We really need to reform our voter laws...

Absolutely.... There is work here in Texas to do as well... We really need to reform our voter laws...

I think we also need to get rid of voting for all these judicial positions. Do the vast majority of voters even know what or who they're voting for? Texas is the first state I've lived in where I went to the polls and got a book of electiona and referendums.

I think we also need to get rid of voting for all these judicial positions. Do the vast majority of voters even know what or who they're voting for? Texas is the first state I've lived in where I went to the polls and got a book of electiona and referendums.

As much as I might disagree with Abbott and company, completely agree..

But democrats can go to several funerals for Lewis, and get together for riots any time they want.

Whether schools and churches are open for kids and church goers has NOTHING to do with whether these facilities will be open for polling.

sometimes it's like we're arguing with 18yo first time voters.

Back
Top Bottom