• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pompeo @ CPAC

It doesn't say to ****ING PRAISE THEM ON THE WORLD STAGE!:L#:!#%_(U_(%#
Gordian Knot getting uncomfortable, eh? :ROFLMAO:

Read The Art of War by Sun Tsu - a book military leaders still read and learn from. One of the prime tenets is "know your enemy and NEVER underestimate him". Other than getting every pair of BVDs in the entire Democult wadded in Gordian Knots this rates a big "so what"? US Grant was a big fan of R.E. Lee but it didn't stop him from kicking Lee's ass, did it?

What are you talking about? What enemy?

I suspect he worded that very carefully because there are always some who read in what they want to read in, and based on that make baseless accusations.
yeah, he worded that to not go against Trump's praise of Putin.

He said plenty against Putin.

"Vladimir Putin is smart and cunning and capable. He's also evil and should be crushed," Pompeo said in an interview with the Des Moines Register. "I was taught you need to know your adversary, you need to know your enemy. You shouldn't pretend your enemy is weak."

Very same statement, just conveniently cut off. This is unfair; regardless of what anyone thinks of Mike Pompeo, he wasn't slavishly praising Putin, unless calling him an evil enemy who needs to be crushed is somehow flattering. Pompeo also called for stricter sanctions against him.

Maybe he changed his tune, because that was not at all what he said in the OP.

No I am showing that politics plays into what comments were said and then how that is taken.
I know how it's taken, because I heard it with my own ears

He's likely afraid to go up against Trump.

So NBC is going to go after republicans that said X but they probably won't touch Biden or democrats.
Understand?

I can't speak to that, but I can speak to the OP.

yeah, he worded that to not go against Trump's praise of Putin.
If you said that Pompeo was smarter than Trump, I wouldn't challenge you.
If you said that Pompeo could more diplomatically make a statement than Trump, I wouldn't challenge you either.
If you said that Pompeo was more experienced in politics and was better at handle the DC swamp and the media than Trump, I wouldn't challenge you.

As to 'Trump's praise of Putin' I suspect it just more of the same 'news' (DNC political propaganda) media's taken out of context, oh so typical political hit piece on Trump, which has become their de facto standard behavior, so in other words, appropriate of being completely ignored on principals, which they don't have. 🤷‍♂️

If you said that Pompeo was smarter than Trump, I wouldn't challenge you.
If you said that Pompeo could more diplomatically make a statement than Trump, I wouldn't challenge you either.
If you said that Pompeo was more experienced in politics and was better at handle the DC swamp and the media than Trump, I wouldn't challenge you.

As to 'Trump's praise of Putin' I suspect it just more of the same 'news' (DNC political propaganda) media's taken out of context, oh so typical political hit piece on Trump, which has become their de facto standard behavior, so in other words, appropriate of being completely ignored on principals, which they don't have. 🤷‍♂️

Are you contesting the video, below?

He's fundraising on praising Putin. Literally.

We see & hear what's going-on with our own eyes & ears. It's insulting to tell us our senses are deceiving us.

There's something goin-on with this guy . . .

Are you contesting the video, below?

He's fundraising on praising Putin. Literally.

We see & hear what's going-on with our own eyes & ears. It's insulting to tell us our senses are deceiving us.

There's something goin-on with this guy . . .

Just as I thought. Ginned up fauxrage over nothing.

From Putin's perspective, yeah, I could see how it's a smart move on his part.
That doesn't mean that I support it or agree with it.
But such subtleties are ignored when there's a good fauxrage to be ginned up, especially when that fauxrage can be targeted against Trump.

Just as I thought. Ginned up fauxrage over nothing.

From Putin's perspective, yeah, I could see how it's a smart move on his part.
That doesn't mean that I support it or agree with it.
But such subtleties are ignored when there's a good fauxrage to be ginned up, especially when that fauxrage can be targeted against Trump.

Let's put it this way:

Trump looks pretty serious in that video, and there's no way a great many of us our going to put him in the White House to see just how serious he is.

He's not Joe Schmoe, drunkenly spouting-off in a neighborhood bar; he's a President removed by the electorate, and he may try to regain his power.

If this was an isolated instance, you'd have a point. But, Trump has been consistent in this regard, including on that stage in Helsinki where he chose Putin over the U.S. government.

Quite honestly, I believe you may not allowing yourself to see the reality of the situation. Trump's actions in the video above, are nothing new. That's in part why we removed him.

Let's put it this way:

Trump looks pretty serious in that video, and there's no way a great many of us our going to put him in the White House to see just how serious he is.

He's not Joe Schmoe, drunkenly spouting-off in a neighborhood bar; he's a President removed by the electorate, and he may try to regain his power.

If this was an isolated instance, you'd have a point. But, Trump has been consistent in this regard, including on that stage in Helsinki where he chose Putin over the U.S. government.

Quite honestly, I believe you may not allowing yourself to see the reality of the situation. Trump's actions in the video above, are nothing new. That's in part why we removed him.
I believe you may not be allowing yourself to take that statement, and others, in the greater context that, yes, you can admit when your adversary makes a move which is smart for him, and you can do so without supporting or agreeing that adversary, and you can do so without any reduction in taking smart moves to thwart that adversary.

In short, I think you are needlessly clutching at your pearls.

I believe you may not be allowing yourself to take that statement, and others, in the greater context that, yes, you can admit when your adversary makes a move which is smart for him, and you can do so without supporting or agreeing that adversary, and you can do so without any reduction in taking smart moves to thwart that adversary.

And how do you explain taking intelligence from Putin, while disavowing that from your own government? At, Helsinki? There was absolutely no misunderstanding there,

You are trying to ascribe qualities to Trump's statements, that any of us can see are clearly not there. We are constantly being told not to listen to Trump's words, but to what you and others say is the meaning that differs from what we hear; and straight-up, it's become old. And even if your theory were to be true, then the guy's too screwed-up to be holding the nukes.

Trump, Pompeo, Bannon, forum posters here, supporting Putin and attacking Biden on Ukraine is just a fact of reality. Everyone knows it, stop the charade.

Don't be ridiculous.
Nobody supports evil Putin right now...Including, Trump and Pompeo or their supporters which may include forum posters.

Every sitting president gets their share of deserving criticism. Remember the last four years? Biden is not exempt from critique.
Stop the charade.

Don't be ridiculous.
Nobody supports evil Putin right now...Including, Trump and Pompeo or their supporters.

I'm correct, you're incorrect.
(posted elsewhere as well)

Trump:
This is genius,’ ” Trump continued. “Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine..... ‘How smart is that?’ And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper.

“Here’s a guy that says, you know, ‘I’m gonna declare a big portion of Ukraine independent’ — he used the word ‘independent’ — ‘and we’re gonna go out and we’re gonna go in and we’re gonna help keep peace,’ ” Trump said. “You gotta say that’s pretty savvy.

Pompeo

The former cabinet secretary added, in reference to the Russian leader, “I have enormous respect for him — I’ve been criticized for saying that.”
“He is a very talented statesman. He has lots of gifts,”
Steve Bannon

“Ukraine’s not even a country. It’s kind of a concept. It’s not even a country .. It’s just a corrupt area that the Clinton’s turned into a colony where they can steal money out of.”
Tucker Carlson

www.foxnews.com

Tucker Carlson: Americans have been trained to hate Putin, and will suffer because of it

Tucker Carlson reacts to the latest developments in Ukraine, and says all Americans will suffer because of Biden's policies.

www.foxnews.com

Asks "why do we hate putin??" with confused face.
Denegrates Ukraine.

Republicans are just being called out with quotes from their own mouths.

I'm surprised the poster above has joined the fray.

I'm correct, you're incorrect.
(posted elsewhere as well)

Trump:

Pompeo

Steve Bannon

Tucker Carlson

www.foxnews.com

Tucker Carlson: Americans have been trained to hate Putin, and will suffer because of it

Tucker Carlson reacts to the latest developments in Ukraine, and says all Americans will suffer because of Biden's policies.

www.foxnews.com

Asks "why do we hate putin??" with confused face.
Denegrates Ukraine.

Republicans are just being called out with quotes from their own mouths.

Who gives a crap what some TV pundit has to say about anything important? The Fox News scapegoating is wearing thin.

You might want to vacate the echo chamber.

Who gives a crap what some TV pundit has to say about anything important? The Fox News scapegoating is wearing thin.
You might want to vacate the echo chamber.
You mean Trump's former Chief Strategist and Counselor?
What about Trump, and Pompeo?
You do know Tucker is the most popular news anchor in the nation right? wildly watched and loved by Republicans?

I just gave you information directly from right the right wing sources I claimed, and here you are claiming it's a left-wing echo-chamber? Make some ****ing sense for a change Trix.

And how do you explain taking intelligence from Putin, while disavowing that from your own government? At, Helsinki? There was absolutely no misunderstanding there,

In December 2016, Sussmann called then-CIA Director John Brennan’s general counsel – Caroline Krass – to set up a meeting to brief her about the same Alfa Bank rumors. Krass expressed interest in the tip. Then in early February 2017, officials from her office formally sat down with Sussmann for more than an hour to discuss the Trump-Russian bank rumors. Sussmann provided them updated versions of the materials he had handed off to the FBI.​
The CIA, in turn, referred the rumors to an FBI liaison for further investigation, according to the sources briefed on his case. Strzok was the lead FBI liaison to the CIA at the time.​
Among the documents Durham has obtained is a CIA memo memorializing the meeting with Sussmann, according to the sources. In his grand jury indictment, Durham accused Sussmann of also misleading the CIA, which he referred to only as “Agency-2.” The special counsel alleges that Sussmann, as he did when meeting with an FBI official, had also failed to inform contacts at Langley that he was representing a client – in the latter case specifically Joffe – tied to the Clinton campaign operation and who had been promised a high-level job in a Clinton administration.​

Both FBI and CIA participated in the promulgation of the false Alpha-Bank political narrative traced back to the Clinton campaign. It is also suspected that the CIA was part of the fabricated Steel Dossier hoax as well.

Would you trust the CIA from those points forward?

You are trying to ascribe qualities to Trump's statements, that any of us can see are clearly not there. We are constantly being told not to listen to Trump's words, but to what you and others say is the meaning that differs from what we hear; and straight-up, it's become old.
And the constant barrage of dishonest hit pieces are beyond old, as it the ginned up fauxrage, as is the gaslighting, as is the faux-pearl clutching.

I recall the left’s was outrage when Trump shared old intel of questionable value with Russians, this is current intel shared with the Chinese. Where’s the outrage now?

WASHINGTON — Over three months, senior Biden administration officials held half a dozen urgent meetings with top Chinese officials in which the Americans presented intelligence showing Russia’s troop buildup around Ukraine and beseeched the Chinese to tell Russia not to invade, according to U.S. officials.​
Each time, the Chinese officials, including the foreign minister and the ambassador to the United States, rebuffed the Americans, saying they did not think an invasion was in the works. After one diplomatic exchange in December, U.S. officials got intelligence showing Beijing had shared the information with Moscow, telling the Russians that the United States was trying to sow discord — and that China would not try to impede Russian plans and actions, the officials said.​

Where's the fauxrage for this?

You know, you, and others from the left, would have a lot more credibility if a consistent set of standards were applied. The standards which have been chosen, varying greatly strictly along party lines, has destroyed their credibility, ironically self-inflicted damage.

And even if your theory were to be true, then the guy's too screwed-up to be holding the nukes.

You mean Trump's former Chief Strategist and Counselor?
What about Trump, and Pompeo?
You do know Tucker is the most popular news anchor in the nation right? wildly watched and loved by Republicans?

I just gave you information directly from right the right wing sources I claimed, and here you are claiming it's a left-wing echo-chamber? Make some ****ing sense for a change Trix.

Meh ^^^

I accept your forfeiture.

What forfeiture?
I disagree with you. I'm not here to agree with manufactured hive minded bs.

What forfeiture?
I disagree with you. I'm not here to agree with manufactured hive minded bs.
That you disagree is irrelevant. You couldn't refute my claims...claims I supported with direct quotes from the right wing sources I brought up. That's a forfeiture by any other name. I get that you feel you need to have the last word, you can have it, you're done here.

Direct quotes from prominent right-wingers is "manufactured" and "hive mind bs"? That's absurd.

Notice he deflected to,

"I'm against Communism"

He didn't say anything against Putin, which implies he supports Trump's position.
He's got his lips firmly anchored to tRump's ass. He can't say anything against him.

In December 2016, Sussmann called then-CIA Director John Brennan’s general counsel – Caroline Krass – to set up a meeting to brief her about the same Alfa Bank rumors. Krass expressed interest in the tip. Then in early February 2017, officials from her office formally sat down with Sussmann for more than an hour to discuss the Trump-Russian bank rumors. Sussmann provided them updated versions of the materials he had handed off to the FBI.​
The CIA, in turn, referred the rumors to an FBI liaison for further investigation, according to the sources briefed on his case. Strzok was the lead FBI liaison to the CIA at the time.​
Among the documents Durham has obtained is a CIA memo memorializing the meeting with Sussmann, according to the sources. In his grand jury indictment, Durham accused Sussmann of also misleading the CIA, which he referred to only as “Agency-2.” The special counsel alleges that Sussmann, as he did when meeting with an FBI official, had also failed to inform contacts at Langley that he was representing a client – in the latter case specifically Joffe – tied to the Clinton campaign operation and who had been promised a high-level job in a Clinton administration.​

Both FBI and CIA participated in the promulgation of the false Alpha-Bank political narrative traced back to the Clinton campaign. It is also suspected that the CIA was part of the fabricated Steel Dossier hoax as well.

Would you trust the CIA from those points forward?

And the constant barrage of dishonest hit pieces are beyond old, as it the ginned up fauxrage, as is the gaslighting, as is the faux-pearl clutching.

I recall the left’s was outrage when Trump shared old intel of questionable value with Russians, this is current intel shared with the Chinese. Where’s the outrage now?

WASHINGTON — Over three months, senior Biden administration officials held half a dozen urgent meetings with top Chinese officials in which the Americans presented intelligence showing Russia’s troop buildup around Ukraine and beseeched the Chinese to tell Russia not to invade, according to U.S. officials.​
Each time, the Chinese officials, including the foreign minister and the ambassador to the United States, rebuffed the Americans, saying they did not think an invasion was in the works. After one diplomatic exchange in December, U.S. officials got intelligence showing Beijing had shared the information with Moscow, telling the Russians that the United States was trying to sow discord — and that China would not try to impede Russian plans and actions, the officials said.​

Where's the fauxrage for this?

You know, you, and others from the left, would have a lot more credibility if a consistent set of standards were applied. The standards which have been chosen, varying greatly strictly along party lines, has destroyed their credibility, ironically self-inflicted damage.

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y) X Million

Back
Top Bottom