• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Polygamist leader flees after slipping out ankle bracelet using oil, FBI says

HenryChinaski

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
While under house arrest awaiting a fraud trial, Bishop Lyle Jeffs of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints squirmed out of an FBI ankle bracelet with the aid of a lubricant.
"He used a substance which may have been olive oil to lubricate the GPS tracking band and slip it off his ankle," said FBI agent Eric Barnhart of the Salt Lake City field office.
He is now at large, has bodyguard protection and considered dangerous, according to the FBI.
Polygamist leader Lyle Jeffs slips out ankle bracelet, FBI says - CNN.com I hope they recapture this douche bag pronto.

Is this e guy accused of sleeping with and marrying young children?

If I am not mistaken you are thinking of his brother Warren Jeffs. It is the same church, and same family so yeah there is a good chance he did some kid loving. But Warren was the leader who is infamous for underage wives.

How stupid of the FBI. Someone with more than one wife is bound to have a lot of lubricant around the house.

I wonder, what makes him dangerous. Sounds white collar to me.

Serial child molestation is not white collar crime.

No love for the polygamist sects...but the CNN report doesnt indicate anything regarding child abuse or neglect...only food stamp fraud.

Back
Top Bottom