• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Polls: Trump Closing In On Clinton

The only problem here is that Bernie Sanders is every bit as horrible as Trump in terms of policy, if not personality.
I am prepared to vote for Hillary in November, with revulsion - to prevent Trump from happening. There's no way in hell I would vote for Sanders or for Trump. And that, I believe, is the prevailing mood among moderates, libertarians and #NeverTrump Republicans.

Gary Johnson should be a good alternative for a Libertarian-right. He gets 10% in a poll on Fox News today.

There's a huge chunk of Bernie's fanbase that will not under any circumstances vote for Clinton. Probably big enough to hand Trump the keys to the White House.

If that very unlikely thing happens the Sanders movement will be toast like Nader's in 2000. Is that your real goal? To set the progressive movement back a generation? I don't think that is Sanders intention but his campaign appears to be hijacked by some who are clearly not on the same page as him.

Last edited:
Gary Johnson should be a good alternative for a Libertarian-right. He gets 10% in a poll on Fox News today.

And they say Bill Weld is joining the ticket. It could get really interesting.

There's a huge chunk of Bernie's fanbase that will not under any circumstances vote for Clinton. Probably big enough to hand Trump the keys to the White House.

Bull****.

There will be something like 140 million votes cast in the general election. Sanders has only received the votes of 10 million. Of those, if even 50% of them refused to vote for Clinton (and I'd wager the real number to be closer to 10%), there are still another 135 million voters (whose opinions matter just as much as primary voters) to be fought over.

I don't want to see any major concessions to appease #bernieorbust voters, focus on the other 97% of the country.

I just finished reading a two part series at Village Voice.

It is an old article from 1979.

It is really long and in 2 parts.

And kinda devastating to Trump I think ..... and perhaps this kind of information is quite well known to Republican insiders and that might be why they are so hesitant to support Trump.

How a Young Donald Trump Forced His Way From Avenue Z to Manhattan
Like Father, Like Son: Anatomy of a Young Power Broker"
By Wayne Barrett
January 15, 1979

Part I of II

How a Young Donald Trump Forced His Way From Avenue Z to Manhattan | Village Voice

Part II of II
Behind the Seventies-Era Deals That Made Donald Trump
Behind the Seventies-Era Deals That Made Donald Trump | Village Voice

And I read another article, it is rather old and perhaps was posted earlier within these forums. If so, sorry about that.

Woody Guthrie, ‘Old Man Trump’ and a real estate empire’s racist foundations
By Will Kaufman
January 21, 2016
Woody Guthrie, 'Old Man Trump' and a real estate empire's racist foundations

Calm

Of those, if even 50% of them refused to vote for Clinton (and I'd wager the real number to be closer to 10%).

What an asinine and baseless approximation that can be easily disproven.

The Hidden Importance Of The Sanders Voter | FiveThirtyEight

According to the most recent YouGov poll, 61 percent of Sanders voters have an unfavorable view of Clinton, against just 38 percent with a favorable one. YouGov has been tracking these numbers for several months,[1] and they’ve gradually gotten worse for Clinton:

silver_bernclinton_11.png

If that very unlikely thing happens the Sanders movement will be toast like Nader's in 2000. Is that your real goal? To set the progressive movement back a generation? I don't think that is Sanders intention but his campaign appears to be hijacked by some who are clearly not on the same page as him.

See my above post. The only way she will win over that 61% is by nominating Sanders to be her running-mate.

See my above post. The only way she will win over that 61% is by nominating Sanders to be her running-mate.

OR, like I said in the post you quoted (but omitted the important bits), she can focus on the other 135 million voters in this country who did not vote for Bernie in the primary.

I'm so tired of the #bernieorbust people. I hope they sit out and stew on their irrelevancy and I can't wait to see their revolution fizzle out when it becomes really important during the midterms and governers races the next couple years.

What an asinine and baseless approximation that can be easily disproven.

Polls in May are not "proof".
Come November, I'd bet money that 90% of the 10 million voters that have voted for Bernie will vote for Hillary.

And when Sander's turn her down (and he will) what will they do then? Sanders has a comfy place in the Senate and he won't want to leave it for a ornamental VP job.

And when Sander's turn her down (and he will) what will they do then? Sanders has a comfy place in the Senate and he won't want to leave it for a ornamental VP job.

There is no way Hillary Clinton will ask Bernie Sanders to be her Veep. It ain't gonna happen...and it would be a huge dumb political move.

Bernie would hurt the ticket. I love him...but his presence on the ticket is the kiss of death.

There is no way Hillary Clinton will ask Bernie Sanders to be her Veep. It ain't gonna happen...and it would be a huge dumb political move.

Bernie would hurt the ticket. I love him...but his presence on the ticket is the kiss of death.

I agree but Bernie's boobs seem to have a problem with losing and ultimatums and threats are the only thing they have left. Sanders has no interest in the VP spot anyway.

I agree but Bernie's boobs seem to have a problem with losing and ultimatums are the only thing they have left. Sanders has no interest in the VP spot anyway.

Either the Sanders people will wake up and vote for Hillary Clinton...or they will help Donald Trump and the Republicans gain the presidency.

We will survive.

Either the Sanders people will wake up and vote for Hillary Clinton...or they will help Donald Trump and the Republicans gain the presidency.

We will survive.

I think there will be a fair amount of hardheads from either party who are not voting for president at all this time. We'll have to see which side has the most stay at home voters.

OR, like I said in the post you quoted (but omitted the important bits), she can focus on the other 135 million voters in this country who did not vote for Bernie in the primary.

I'm so tired of the #bernieorbust people. I hope they sit out and stew on their irrelevancy and I can't wait to see their revolution fizzle out when it becomes really important during the midterms and governers races the next couple years.

Wow, so you're telling me that if Hillary Clinton wins the nomination due to special-interest money, media manipulation, election fraud and voter suppression (by the way, it is not a coincidence that the only states she has won since March, AZ through KY, have been accused of such fraud) that we should vote for her in the general election because she will FIX the broken system that got her into power in the first place? :lamo

Especially when the candidate you support is running against a rigged electoral process and you got to Nevada and watch those in charge screw your candidate right in front of your eyes, and then proceed to VILIFY the supporters... calling them 'unruly' and 'throwing chairs'.
Yeah, because Americans are really going to sit down and obey despite watching their democracy get trashed.

Now, for the last time, for all rabidly devout supporters of the corrupt status-quo, summed up in one meme:

obedience.jpg

To get back to the topic at hand, after another failed attempt to de-rail a topic via Sanders-slandering bull**** and idiocy spewing forth from your bigoted and brainwashed ****-holster (mainly because you can't swallow the fact that Hillary is likely going to lose to Trump and it is going to be all on you and the rest of you zombified automatons), give up, and face it, Bernie Sanders and his movement are the future.

And there is nothing you and your Manchurian Candidate can do to stop it.

We will survive.

But with Sanders getting the blame for losing the election for the Dems it will set the progressive movement back a generation.

Wow, so you're telling me that if Hillary Clinton wins the nomination due to special-interest money, media manipulation, election fraud and voter suppression (by the way, it is not a coincidence that the only states she has won since March, AZ through KY, have been accused of such fraud) that we should vote for her in the general election because she will FIX the broken system that got her into power in the first place? :lamo

Especially when the candidate you support is running against a rigged electoral process and you got to Nevada and watch those in charge screw your candidate right in front of your eyes, and then proceed to VILIFY the supporters... calling them 'unruly' and 'throwing chairs'.
Yeah, because Americans are really going to sit down and obey despite watching their democracy get trashed.

Now, for the last time, for all rabidly devout supporters of the corrupt status-quo, summed up in one meme:

obedience.jpg

To get back to the topic at hand, after another failed attempt to de-rail a topic via Sanders-slandering bull**** and idiocy spewing forth from your bigoted and brainwashed ****-holster (mainly because you can't swallow the fact that Hillary is likely going to lose to Trump and it is going to be all on you and the rest of you zombified automatons), give up, and face it, Bernie Sanders and his movement are the future.

Most of us do not want to stop it, Abba.

We'll welcome it when it comes...after lots of work is put into getting us there.

But the clowns who think it will come (or be moved along) with the attempted election of Bernie Sanders are classic cut-off-nose-to-spite-face automatons (to borrow your phrase.)

Keep on dreaming. It is a nice dream...and I agree that we will GET THERE EVENTUALLY.

But we will do it despite people like you...not because of them.

obedience.jpg

Seems you have forgotten that the "future" is not written yet and right now Sanders supporters are ruining the future of the progressive movement. It is almost like that is what they want. If you think attempting to change the rules of the nomination process at this late date somehow will endear Democrats to your cause you are sorely mistaken. Part of politics is losing gracefully so you can fight another day. Burning bridges will get you a dip in the water.

Last edited:
But with Sanders getting the blame for losing the election for the Dems it will set the progressive movement back a generation.

Yes it will.

I hope it doesn't happen.

I expect it will not happen.

I think the Sanders people WILL SEE THE LIGHT...at least the ones who live in states where the vote will matter. In some red or blue dominated states...some of them will protest by not voting or voting for a third party.

We will live with whatever this election brings us.

Seems you have forgotten that the "future" is not written yet and right now Sanders supporters are ruining the future of the progressive movement. It is almost like that is what they want.

Exactly!

Seems you have forgotten that the "future" is not written yet and right now Sanders supporters are ruining the future of the progressive movement. It is almost like that is what they want.

Opinion noted.

If you think attempting to change the rules of the nomination process at this late date somehow will endear Democrats to your cause you are sorely mistaken.

I wasn't talking about anything as specific as the nomination process or even the election, I'm talking about the future of our country as a whole. This is the end of the two-party system. This is the end of the right-wing reigning supreme over our country, their politics, their culture, everything. It is all coming to an end.
And obedience to Hillary Clinton, Wall Street, the status quo and the establishment isn't going to change that.
This is America, not Germany.

Most of us do not want to stop it, Abba.

We'll welcome it when it comes...after lots of work is put into getting us there.

But the clowns who think it will come (or be moved along) with the attempted election of Bernie Sanders are classic cut-off-nose-to-spite-face automatons (to borrow your phrase.)

Keep on dreaming. It is a nice dream...and I agree that we will GET THERE EVENTUALLY.

But we will do it despite people like you...not because of them.

The simple fact that you react with such emotional hostility to the notion of my challenge to authority means you have been conquered by it.

I wasn't talking about anything as specific as the nomination process or even the election, I'm talking about the future of our country as a whole. This is the end of the two-party system. This is the end of the right-wing reigning supreme over our country, their politics, their culture, everything. It is all coming to an end.
And obedience to Hillary Clinton, Wall Street, the status quo and the establishment isn't going to change that.
This is America, not Germany.

The 2 party system is derived from our electoral process for electing a President. It require a winner to receive a majority of electoral votes or the choice goes to the House of Representatives. And they can pick anyone they choose. A viable 3rd party would increase the chances of an electoral stalemate and a President that nobody voted for. Is that you vision of the future?

The 2 party system is derived from our electoral process for electing a President. It require a winner to receive a majority of electoral votes or the choice goes to the House of Representatives. And they can pick anyone they choose. A viable 3rd party would increase the chances of an electoral stalemate and a President that nobody voted for. Is that you vision of the future?

So, what you're saying is the more parties, the less democratic?

Wow, you really are a Nazi.

And yes, it is my vision of the future, because nobody (but you, Frank and a few others here) wants a One-Party State ruled by the Clinton Dynasty. Why is it so hard for you to accept how insane and unpopular your demographic's abysmal view of our future is?

It is so simple yet proves how effective the propaganda of this right-wing takeover of our democracy truly is. It is quite terrifying, yet simultaneously amusing, strangely enough.

Once again, this is America. Not Nazi Germany or North Korea.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom