• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Polls: Trump Closing In On Clinton

Polls at this stage of an election don't matter much. The candidate who wins will be the one who generates the most enthusiasm in the weeks leading up to the election. Other influential factors include perception of the economy and national security.

Donald Trump has an excellent opportunity to win because his positions dovetail nicely with what patriotic Americans want for our country. He's the rare major party nominee who does not adhere to a partisan playbook, or speak condescendingly to the masses. He recognizes that social issues are a lost cause for Republicans, and so he deftly focuses his attention toward immigration, trade, manufacturing, entitlements, national security, and Washington corruption. Only Trump had the strategic insight and courage to dispense with political correctness by bluntly articulating what needs to be done:

1. Control our borders
2. Keep terrorists out
3. Prevent outsourcing of jobs
4. Reform entitlements
5. Put America first in deals and treaties
6. Protect America's interests first in foreign policy
7. Invest more resources at home and less abroad

Only Donald Trump can convincingly pledge that he will not be beholden to special interests. Whether he has $10 billion, $5 billion, $1 billion, or "only" $100 million, is irrelevant. He has enough money to not be swayed by special interests. Hillary Clinton can't say that; she has to follow the money. Even her most ardent supporters would concede that she's not exactly Mrs. Clean in that regard. When money no longer serves as a motivation, or necessity for political survival, a president can govern on principle alone.

Donald Trump is a charismatic pragmatist who makes large deals for a living, and knows how to bring the efficiency of the private sector to the public sector. His critics may quibble about the extent of his business success, but few challenge the notion that he significantly expanded whatever he inherited. A president also inherits money to manage by virtue of his status as head of state, and by extension, the economy. Many Americans would like to see a business man manage our money for once.

Liberals cannot effectively demonize Trump as a social conservative because his record is the antithesis of social conservative. Even in this election, in a Republican debate no less, he stood up for Planned Parenthood. That's just one of several examples.

Donald Trump will be an excellent president of the United States. He will make us all proud to be Americans.

Even in this election, in a Republican debate no less, he stood up for Planned Parenthood. That's just one of several examples.

Donald Trump will be an excellent president of the United States. He will make us all proud to be Americans.
Yep. The so-called experts just don't get it. He defended planned parenthood in the GOP debate and continued winning. He called out George W. Bush repeatedly for how he handled the war in multiple debates and just kept winning. Trump is going to hammer Hillary on her failed foreign policy and how she's so obviously beholden to special interest groups.

I've said it before, I'll say it again - Hillary R. Clinton - if you do not concede to Bernie Sanders, if you do not at least make him your running-mate - YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE and hand Donald ****ing Trump the WHITE HOUSE and DOOM THIS ENTIRE ****ING COUNTRY.
Shame on you, you selfish, arrogant, corrupt, lying, cheating, elitist, sell-out.

Considering how nasty this discussion might get, mods. You might wanna keep an eye on it to move downstairs, just in case.

She will be the nominee (the winner doesn't usually concede to the loser). He wont be the running mate. And she will more than likely be the next President.

She will be the nominee (the winner doesn't usually concede to the loser). He wont be the running mate. And she will more than likely be the next President.

I think you got all three parts of that comment correct, Sherman!

Hillary Clinton will be the nominee.

Sanders will not be her running mate.

Hillary Clinton will be our next president.

I think you got all three parts of that comment correct, Sherman!

Hillary Clinton will be the nominee.

Sanders will not be her running mate.

Hillary Clinton will be our next president.

Just because you keep repeating something over and over again doesn't make it true.

Just because you keep repeating something over and over again doesn't make it true.

You are correct.

But just because YOU think it is not so...does not make it "not so."

It is my opinion that Hillary Clinton will be the nominee.

It is my opinion that Sanders will not be her running mate.

It is my opinion that Hillary Clinton will be our next president.

You are correct.

At least you don't claim that as truth. These "______ is going to be our next President" posts from others really tick me off. I don't understand some people's children...

That's rich coming from the guy who, despite all evidence to the contrary, is convinced Sanders is going to get the nomination despite a crushing lead by his opponent.

That's rich coming from the guy who, despite all evidence to the contrary, is convinced Sanders is going to get the nomination despite a crushing lead by his opponent.

I really wish you would stop with this personal vendetta. I have never directly insulted you in this entire thread.

You are correct.

Hillary will not be, nor will she ever be the president, I hope you don't have too much invested in that wish. Trump will make her cower in the corner, lucky if she makes it to November with her sanity intact.

Hillary will not be, nor will she ever be the president, I hope you don't have too much invested in that wish. Trump will make her cower in the corner, lucky if she makes it to November with her sanity intact.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I enjoyed it.

I really wish you would stop with this personal vendetta. I have never directly insulted you in this entire thread.

And I'm not even that big of a Sanders supporter, and actually, there is no where you can point to where I've said that. More evidence of your emotional instability.

And I'm not even that big of a Sanders supporter, and actually, there is no where you can point to where I've said that. More evidence of your emotional instability.
Man, that "Abbazorkzog" guy is a pretty unstable individual, ain't he?

*BTW, Hillary and the Bern are basically neck-and-neck right now in Kentucky.

Man, that "Abbazorkzog" guy is a pretty unstable individual, ain't he?

*BTW, Hillary and the Bern are basically neck-and-neck right now in Kentucky.

Nah that was expanding upon a previous reply to another one of Sherman's knee-jerk ad-hominem hit-posts (that I ran out of time to edit).

Nah that was expanding upon a previous reply to another one of Sherman's knee-jerk ad-hominem hit-posts (that I ran out of time to edit).
Oh okay. I thought you'd finally just lost it. [emoji23]

I've said it before, I'll say it again - Hillary R. Clinton - if you do not concede to Bernie Sanders, if you do not at least make him your running-mate - YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE and hand Donald ****ing Trump the WHITE HOUSE and DOOM THIS ENTIRE ****ING COUNTRY.
Shame on you, you selfish, arrogant, corrupt, lying, cheating, elitist, sell-out.

Considering how nasty this discussion might get, mods. You might wanna keep an eye on it to move downstairs, just in case.

Survivor.jpg

I understand what you are saying...but...

No telling who...or what...Trump would appoint to the supreme court. In any case, IF Trump were to win, the Senate will remain Republican dominated and would be the deciding factor. In my opinion, the court WOULD be in trouble.

After reading the list of possible Trump nominees released today I had to come back here and find you and say, we got TROUBLE!

There's a huge chunk of Bernie's fanbase that will not under any circumstances vote for Clinton. Probably big enough to hand Trump the keys to the White House.

I don't think you should extrapolate the emotion of the primary to the general election. There is a lot of runway between now and then.

I don't think you should extrapolate the emotion of the primary to the general election. There is a lot of runway between now and then.

Hillary on a runway? That will cost her the election.

Back
Top Bottom