• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Polls -- Display votes publicly -- default option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
When you make a new thread and start a poll, "Display votes publicly" is by default off. Please change that to default to on, to reduce the chance of accidentally starting a poll and not making poll responses public.

When you make a new thread and start a poll, "Display votes publicly" is by default off. Please change that to default to on, to reduce the chance of accidentally starting a poll and not making poll responses public.
Whadda ya know, we agree on something. Too many people don't want people to know what they believe, and I think that is bullshit.

Not a huge issue in the grand scheme of things but I'd suggest that inadvertently revealing the names on a poll intended to be anonymous could be more of an issue than inadvertently creating an anonymous poll you intended to have the names displayed. After all, people can (and often do) say in the thread itself which way they voted if they want. I expect that is why the default is off in the first place.

I do not know how much work that would be to implement, but I will tag @RedAkston and @Schweddy so they see this, since they would be the ones to do the work.

I didn't see an setting for this on a quick glance. I will look into this tonight or tomorrow.

I do not know how much work that would be to implement, but I will tag @RedAkston and @Schweddy so they see this, since they would be the ones to do the work.
They don't get notices from actions in this folder by default?

I definately wouldn't want the majority of my polls to be public.

I definately wouldn't want the majority of my polls to be public.
There is always a notice in the Poll that results will be public. I have no issue with that and will also usually comment on how I voted in the thread.

Closing this down, as the topic has been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom