• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poll: Young adults support new efforts to curb gun violence

This line of arguments are flawed and biased. They are self-serving for people with guns. " Less law abiding citizens with firearms doesn't make us safer." Actually, it does. A case study is the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting. Another one is Orlando. And many many more ......

that's as stupid as saying my incident of shooting a mugger-that lead to his jailing, is a case study that you are wrong. And since I obtained my weapon legally, carried it with a proper license, reported the attack to the authorities, appeared before the magistrates, judges, grand juries and prosecutors and testified truthfully resulting in the jailing of the perpetrators, I am the example of legal gun owners. Not a person who murdered to obtain others or someone who premeditated multiple capital counts of murder

Your own argument destroys your claim. You are saying LESS law abiding citizens with guns makes us safer. HTF do you claim Lanza was a law abiding citizen when he killed to obtain firearms

Massive fail on your part but then again, the entire bannerrhoid movement's argument is based on the fraud of intermixing honest gun owners with premeditated murderers etc

Case study? Sandy Hook was a gun free zone, did not stop a nutjob that Stole his guns from doing his dirty deed. Orlando, a crazy person investigated several times by the FBI for links to terror and still being watched is allowed to buy guns, me thinks the background check should have caught that, opps. Why not mention Columbine, oh wait, there was a ban but yet those two criminals managed to pull it off anyway. You act as if taking guns away from the law abiding and sane will somehow magically take the guns away from criminals and crazies, do you even think about what you post before doing so?

1. Understood, gun owners are extremely sensitive to talks about gun control. They get emotional very quickly.
2. Granted, it seems very unfair to take guns away from law abiding citizens in the name of gun control. The most of them do no harm to their fellow citizens, neither do their guns.
3. “You act as if taking guns away from the law abiding and sane will somehow magically take the guns away from criminals and crazies,” I would be in no way saying that.
4. “do you even think about what you post before doing so?” Do you really think you are the only one thinking? Why do you think that I kept the post short, and wanted to avoid ranting?
5. So many guns out there, legal or illegal, that contributed to the insane number of gun killings. Less guns, less assault weapons, would make us SAFER. Nobody said SAFE. Is it really that hard to see, and acknowledge this?
6. The Orlando shooter, the crazy person investigated by FBI, he had the right to buy a gun at the time of purchase, according to the law, since he was “law abiding” at the time. After the shooting, the efforts to change the law, so that people like him don’t get to buy guns, were stalled. Guess by whom?
7. A wise guy once said, “just remember to have fun and not take it all too seriously.“ I try to remember that. :lol::lol:

1. Understood, gun owners are extremely sensitive to talks about gun control. They get emotional very quickly.
2. Granted, it seems very unfair to take guns away from law abiding citizens in the name of gun control. The most of them do no harm to their fellow citizens, neither do their guns.
3. “You act as if taking guns away from the law abiding and sane will somehow magically take the guns away from criminals and crazies,” I would be in no way saying that.
4. “do you even think about what you post before doing so?” Do you really think you are the only one thinking? Why do you think that I kept the post short, and wanted to avoid ranting?
5. So many guns out there, legal or illegal, that contributed to the insane number of gun killings. Less guns, less assault weapons, would make us SAFER. Nobody said SAFE. Is it really that hard to see, and acknowledge this?
6. The Orlando shooter, the crazy person investigated by FBI, he had the right to buy a gun at the time of purchase, according to the law, since he was “law abiding” at the time. After the shooting, the efforts to change the law, so that people like him don’t get to buy guns, were stalled. Guess by whom?
7. A wise guy once said, “just remember to have fun and not take it all too seriously.“ I try to remember that. :lol::lol:

Fair enough, you have your opinion and I will have mine.

You have already been given the US Constitution many times. Why do you need it again? You played blindman the first time - why would this be any different?

No no you keep presenting the official one. I want the one you use that has all the words and claims you make in it. Specifically I want to see how arms does not mean all and religion does. Could you post it please and stop mucking about avoiding doing that.

Fair enough, you have your opinion and I will have mine.

your's is based on fact, reality and you understand firearms and those who misuse them.

his-well psychobabble comes to mind.

your's is based on fact, reality and you understand firearms and those who misuse them.

his-well psychobabble comes to mind.
Thanks.

One would think that after all this time some of the banners might have actually learned more through the evidence proved to them by those trading posts with them, sadly for some it does not seem to sink in so the arguments continue on and on. My guess is most banners have little to no exposure to firearms and if they bothered to go to a range and get some instruction they might actually change their tune. I have seen it happen time and time again, take someone that is ignorant, inexperienced or nervous about firearms and show them how to properly use firearms and let them have fun and all of a sudden you have someone that is no longer supportive of infringing on citizens rights.

Thanks.

One would think that after all this time some of the banners might have actually learned more through the evidence proved to them by those trading posts with them, sadly for some it does not seem to sink in so the arguments continue on and on. My guess is most banners have little to no exposure to firearms and if they bothered to go to a range and get some instruction they might actually change their tune. I have seen it happen time and time again, take someone that is ignorant, inexperienced or nervous about firearms and show them how to properly use firearms and let them have fun and all of a sudden you have someone that is no longer supportive of infringing on citizens rights.

Banners don't care they are afraid of guns and that's as far as it goes.

Banners don't care they are afraid of guns and that's as far as it goes.
That is why I suggested they go out and find out what it is they are afraid of, the cure for the fear of flying is to go fly.

This line of arguments are flawed and biased. They are self-serving for people with guns. " Less law abiding citizens with firearms doesn't make us safer." Actually, it does. A case study is the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting. Another one is Orlando. And many many more ......

Both Sandy Hook and the club in Orlando were gun free zones. Along with the many many more.

As you might agree, small towns and rural areas typically have less gun related crime, far more guns, and no gun free areas.

That is why I suggested they go out and find out what it is they are afraid of, the cure for the fear of flying is to go fly.

Such unnatural fears are not cured by tossing people out of an aeroplane. A person afraid of snakes is not going to be cured by hauling them off to a snake petting zoo any more than firearm fears can be cured by taking them to a range. These are psychological problems and require psychological responses.

In the case of fear of guns these fears are induced by gun control propaganda.

It's just an interesting anecdote but propaganda can backfire as well. During WWII the Germans portrayed the British as fools, clowns, buffoons, idiots..... During the British D day crossing many Germans were shot while they laughed at the British. The British on the other hand were fighting people who made lampshades from peoples skin.

The idiotic idea that propaganda in particular that which instil fear and hatred can be ignored has cost citizens 262 million lives so far and counting. It is not maniac dictators who seize power it is the indoctrinated citizens that support them that make it possible.

Such unnatural fears are not cured by tossing people out of an aeroplane. A person afraid of snakes is not going to be cured by hauling them off to a snake petting zoo any more than firearm fears can be cured by taking them to a range. These are psychological problems and require psychological responses.

In the case of fear of guns these fears are induced by gun control propaganda.

It's just an interesting anecdote but propaganda can backfire as well. During WWII the Germans portrayed the British as fools, clowns, buffoons, idiots..... During the British D day crossing many Germans were shot while they laughed at the British. The British on the other hand were fighting people who made lampshades from peoples skin.

The idiotic idea that propaganda in particular that which instil fear and hatred can be ignored has cost citizens 262 million lives so far and counting. It is not maniac dictators who seize power it is the indoctrinated citizens that support them that make it possible.
Ummm, I did not say toss them out of the plane, good grief. Airplane Ride, not drop, but I am sure that would cure all ones ills. Actually after therapy people are introduced to snakes, I used to have several Pythons and Boas and introducing them in a safe manner has gotten many over their unnatural fear of snakes. Now out where I live we get a lot of water moccasins (cotton mouth to some), they on the other hand are venomous and they can be aggressive, pretty much leave the grass snakes along and shoot or chop up the moccasins on sight.

But I digress.

Well I have always said the problem is not guns, but mental health issues, you just brought up another category of illness that maybe with some good deprograming and experience might be curable. Which leads back to what I said, part of the deprogramming is exposure to firearms to help remove the irrational fear that is in some peoples brain. No?

Ummm, I did not say toss them out of the plane, good grief. Airplane Ride, not drop, but I am sure that would cure all ones ills. Actually after therapy people are introduced to snakes, I used to have several Pythons and Boas and introducing them in a safe manner has gotten many over their unnatural fear of snakes. Now out where I live we get a lot of water moccasins (cotton mouth to some), they on the other hand are venomous and they can be aggressive, pretty much leave the grass snakes along and shoot or chop up the moccasins on sight.

But I digress.

Well I have always said the problem is not guns, but mental health issues, you just brought up another category of illness that maybe with some good deprograming and experience might be curable. Which leads back to what I said, part of the deprogramming is exposure to firearms to help remove the irrational fear that is in some peoples brain. No?

Good point and yes I exaggerated to make my point.

Deprogramming obviously presents the object of their fears in the safest way possible. The problem is the average citizen is not equipped or experienced in such treatment. As an example depression is very common and goes undiagnosed for many people and or treated as a minor problem that will cure itself eventually and at worst one can take medication to "fix" it. Treating people with unnatural fears induced by propaganda is something we are not equipped to do. As an indication of that I'll point to the fact that absolutely no gain has been made on any gun control advocate here. However I am willing to bet that firearm owners have been convinced some gun laws are valid or should be "tried".

It is simply one of language as learning from propaganda teaches repetition of the propaganda which has been tailored by experts to appeal to people.

As long as we ignore this fact that our weak point is appealing to citizens gun control will keep on making converts. That simple fact alone tells one where this will end.

As an example look at England. I can give plenty of others as firearm organisations are universal throughout the world in being totally uninterested in member and public education. That is the only way of excluding gun controls exclusive and unlimited access to public opinion.

It also reprograms those caught up in gun controls emotional trap.

The problem is greedy power hungry people who will stop at very little to get what they want. I imagine there are a few assholes who dream of owning the earth.

Back
Top Bottom