• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poll: Young adults support new efforts to curb gun violence

Actually it isn't a surprise at all as societies grow they by nature become more mature.

The desire to curb gun violence is not a right-left debate, it is a debate between the sane and the totally nuts. Seriously, who the **** would support MORE gun violence.

What also isn't a surprise is that red necks automatically see a call for a curb of gun violence as taking away a God given right. That's what's antiquated in the equation, the stupidity of allowing a virtual slaughter for the sake of a mis-understood 250 year old document.

I never cease to be struck slack jawed and drooling at the idea that more guns = less gun violence. Every single advanced nation severely limits access to firearms and they have less gun deaths collectively than we do in a month--even less. Yet the bodies pile up and the gun nuts love it. The costs pile up and they don't care about that. In every metric the widespread distribution of guns is bad.

Loss of life + loss of money = We need more guns!

I say stop selling ammo and spare parts for all guns except hunting rifles and shotguns. The numbers of deaths would drop dramatically and the prices for those guns would go up, which would have the effect of pricing the vast majority of criminals out of the market.

I'll be long dead before that happens though.

Since you're opposed to our 2nd Amendment rights, you're clearly not in support of the rights of all men.

Bumper sticker political philosophy. I... oh forget it.

I have absolutely no idea what your claim about what you think I may have said has to do with the reality that Jefferson was a slave owner and doing so betrayed his professed belief in the equality of all men and the rights he stated all men had.

What I am saying, is according to you, no rights are universal and are based upon the desires of society. In the case of Jefferson, regardless of what he thought on the subject, society deemed slavery acceptable, therefore, it was not evil.

I never cease to be struck slack jawed and drooling at the idea that more guns = less gun violence. Every single advanced nation severely limits access to firearms and they have less gun deaths collectively than we do in a month--even less. Yet the bodies pile up and the gun nuts love it. The costs pile up and they don't care about that. In every metric the widespread distribution of guns is bad.

I say stop selling ammo and spare parts for all guns except hunting rifles and shotguns. The numbers of deaths would drop dramatically and the prices for those guns would go up, which would have the effect of pricing the vast majority of criminals out of the market.

So less than .0001% of 120,000,000 million gun owners ever act criminally with a firearm, yet your solution is to penalize them based on the actions of that minority who are not legally allowed to own firearms. Bet you are a Trump supporter. You certainly think like him....:roll:

Stop selling alcohol and date rape, child abuse, murders and suicides would plummet too. Would also save our country exponentially more in health care expenditures than your plan...or you can accept that we are adults and responsible for our own actions when exercising our rights and freedoms...

Last edited:

this is clueless psychobabble. How are you going to get rid of 350 million guns and our border that is a sieve? Pricing CRIMINALS out of the market? where do you BM members come up with this idiocy? do you realize how many spare parts there are? I am a serious competitive shooter. All you would do is hurt people who shoot all the time/ Not criminals. And us hard core professional shooters-we have a tool chest full of spare parts for our main competition weapons. I have shotguns that have over 39,000 rounds through them without any breakage. I have RELOADED around a half million rounds of ammo.

and like it or not that violates the constitution. Your bald faced idiotic lie that "gun nuts" (WTF is a gun nut in your far left view?) love bodies piling up is just pathetic

what You appear to be is another far left extremist who hates the politics of gun owners and figure you will slake your hatred of people who don't buy into the creeping crud of collectivism, by bashing gun ownership

Since you're opposed to our 2nd Amendment rights,

Stop right there with that lying falsehood. I support the Second Amendment as written.

What I am saying, is according to you, no rights are universal and are based upon the desires of society. In the case of Jefferson, regardless of what he thought on the subject, society deemed slavery acceptable, therefore, it was not evil.

You seem to be stuck in a loop arguing with yourself about some point that you feel is important that you made up and you are fixated upon.

You are making up nonsense that has not a damn thing to do with the reality that Jefferson practiced slavery while he knew it was a violation of the very principles of human equality and rights that he pretended to believe in.

You are raving over and ver and over again about this and it has not a thing to do with the issue at hand.

You have produced no quote from me negating the reality that Jefferson owned slaves and knew it was wrong.

Last edited:
Actually it isn't a surprise at all as societies grow they by nature become more mature.

The desire to curb gun violence is not a right-left debate, it is a debate between the sane and the totally nuts. Seriously, who the **** would support MORE gun violence.

What also isn't a surprise is that red necks automatically see a call for a curb of gun violence as taking away a God given right. That's what's antiquated in the equation, the stupidity of allowing a virtual slaughter for the sake of a mis-understood 250 year old document.

Red necks.....really? Red necks are only a small portion of 2nd amendment activists.

Did you even read the article?

I guess not. None of those things is even featured, that's the years and years of knee jerk responses of "THEY"R GOING TO TAKE OUR GUNS!" Reactionary, ignorant and as usual ignoring the cause of the problem - for 200 years American and America alone have lived in a bloodbath compared to other industrialized nations, and because of pig-headed, one track, paranoia EVERY suggestion ends in the same way....Conservatives, or rather "Whigs" go ape **** and go full bore Trump.

Please don't bother me with your 100 year old, 2,000 times posted bull****. There is nothing in the above that has not been said thousands of times; only proving that conservatives can't learn

Again... The gang and drug element make up for 90% of the carnage, and you " know it all's " keep skipping right over that important part of the argument.

It's not propaganda. Our world is becoming less and less violent, and the objects of violence are being strongly rooted out and reacted against. That includes guns. The younger generation is better equipped to recognize it because they are way more saturated by information access.

America definitely has a gun problem. What we must be weary of is misidentifying the solutions. It's not a leftist issue. Commentators in left and rightwing countries the world over are all talking about America's gun problem as part of the foreign politics panels.

I know some pretty hillybilly types here in Canada that own guns and are "pry it from my dead hands" type people, and even they think the U.S. is losing control.

Our nation is going through a wake up call of epic proportions and it's about to get kicked into high gear.

You seem to be stuck in a loop arguing with yourself about some point that you feel is important that you made up and you are fixated upon.

You are making up nonsense that has not a damn thing to do with the reality that Jefferson practiced slavery while he knew it was a violation of the very principles of human equality and rights that he pretended to believe in.

You are raving over and ver and over again about this and it has not a thing to do with the issue at hand.

You have produced no quote from me negating the reality that Jefferson owned slaves and knew it was wrong.

He knew it was wrong. I do not disagree with you at all. Do you believe it was wrong to own slaves at that time because owning slaves is wrong? Or was it wrong just in his case?

He knew it was wrong. I do not disagree with you at all. Do you believe it was wrong to own slaves at that time because owning slaves is wrong? Or was it wrong just in his case?

Why are you attempting to deflect from what I originally said about the Founders and slavery and instead trying to make this about me?

Why are you attempting to deflect from what I originally said about the Founders and slavery and instead trying to make this about me?

The founders had to get the constitution passed and knew as well as you do that to include it would have been the end. While many were slave owners at the time they were also outspoken about ending it.

All this proves is that political opinion is controlled by public opinion. No politician was going to commit political suicide by making anti-slavery a political agenda. The same applies today. Remove gun controls strangle hold on public opinion and gun control ceases to exist. Gun control has no validity it can fall back on.

Because I think it is interesting that you would believe something is wrong even though society determined it was right. That would mean there are inalienable/universal rights not based on what society or the masses believe... which is completely counter to what you have espoused in other threads.

"Deal with aggressively" how? Longer sentences? That's worked so well, the highest ratio of incarcerated in any industrialized nation. Capital punishment for repeat offenders; you see the problem is that despite what could be considered harsh measures the crime rate continues to be higher than any other industrialized country. This while the debate rages, unchanged, since I lived there in the 60's. Only the names have changed

Increased police presence in high crime neighborhoods. Highly publicized rewards for information leading to conviction of violent criminals and/or gang related criminals (make the offering of the rewards public, not the people receiving them). More life sentences without possibility of parole in prisons specifically setup for lifers and lifers only with single occupant cells, highly limited inmate interactions, etc. (basically, they go in and are pretty much no longer a part of any society [dead to the rest of the world]). Make gang related crime the #1 LE enforcement priority in areas with high crime rates. Work with people who glorify criminal violence and encourage them to stop doing so. Sick the IRS on them with every ounce of effort possible. If you know someone is a "crime lord", you watch them 24/7 VERY openly - as in park a coupe of marked vehicles outside their residence and follow them everywhere they go, if they go car shopping, they have an officer standing right there while they are kicking tires, telling the salesman that they are under suspicion and investigation for criminal activities. Make being a criminal a miserable lifestyle, instead of the preferred way out of poverty.

Of course you'll have issues with this, but the fact is that this is how you stop violent crime. You can't do ti with kid gloves, you have to do it as aggressively as the law allows.

The founders had to get the constitution passed and knew as well as you do that to include it would have been the end. While many were slave owners at the time they were also outspoken about ending it.

All this proves is that political opinion is controlled by public opinion. No politician was going to commit political suicide by making anti-slavery a political agenda. The same applies today. Remove gun controls strangle hold on public opinion and gun control ceases to exist. Gun control has no validity it can fall back on.

That must have made the slaves feel awfully reassured knowing that massa really felt conflicted about keeping them in a condition of slavery and denying them all the so called rights they were otherwise entitled to. :roll::doh

Because I think it is interesting that you would believe something is wrong even though society determined it was right. That would mean there are inalienable/universal rights not based on what society or the masses believe... which is completely counter to what you have espoused in other threads.

Unless you can quote me on this topic all this from you is just crap you are making up to argue with yourself.

That must have made the slaves feel awfully reassured knowing that massa really felt conflicted about keeping them in a condition of slavery and denying them all the so called rights they were otherwise entitled to. :roll::doh

Well a perfectly argued logical and rational statement this is not. :shock: :roll: :doh Unlike you and other gun control advocates sensible educated people just ignore the segment of society that revels in the emotional swamp of human excrement.

So as usual you have nothing of any intelligence to add.

Bumper sticker political philosophy. I... oh forget it.

The symbol of freedom is the right to be armed. Why do you have a problem with that. Neither slaves nor prisoners are allowed to have arms. They still have the right. What can be said of those who seek to deny anyone arms without good provable reason?

What is your answer to that?

Well a perfectly argued logical and rational statement this is not. :shock: :roll: :doh Unlike you and other gun control advocates sensible educated people just ignore the segment of society that revels in the emotional swamp of human excrement.

So as usual you have nothing of any intelligence to add.

Not one thing you said in there was anything different other than you usual personal attack on a perceived enemy of your single issue obsession.

Unless you can quote me on this topic all this from you is just crap you are making up to argue with yourself.

Hehehe...so are there or are there not inalienable/universal rights or are all rights dependent upon the will of the prices majority? Are you denying that has been your position in the past?

Your bald faced idiotic lie that "gun nuts" (WTF is a gun nut in your far left view?) love bodies piling up is just pathetic

Thats true. You dont love bodies piling up, you just tolerate it because you really, really like your hobby.

If a few dozen kids have to get shot to allow you a marginally easier time to obtain weapons to shoot at the shooting range, thats just too bad.

Thats true. You dont love bodies piling up, you just tolerate it because you really, really like your hobby.

If a few dozen kids have to get shot to allow you a marginally easier time to obtain weapons to shoot at the shooting range, thats just too bad.

That's really stupid. You would claim its legitimate to ban all guns and jail all gun owners if it might stop one gun crime.

Hehehe...so are there or are there not inalienable/universal rights or are all rights dependent upon the will of the prices majority? Are you denying that has been your position in the past?

Am I denying what position? Please present it so I know of what you are talking about.... and even as importantly, so we can see that you are accurately presenting my views.

Back
Top Bottom