• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poll: UK Muslims have ZERO tolerance of Homosexuality. 0-fer-500

I suspect that many of those same people would also look down at you and consider you a heretic.

Which might suggest there is some variety in a religion of over a billion. Who'd a thunk it?

Which might suggest there is some variety in a religion of over a billion. Who'd a thunk it?
There are people who self identify with religions for merely cultural reasons in every faith.

I suspect that many of those same people would also look down at you and consider you a heretic.

... I think you are mixing us up.
Why would I be seen as a heretic?

Wow!
All of FIVE HUNDRED Muslims didn't accept homosexuality. Well those 500 must speak for us all :roll:
[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statistics]Statistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Is anyone here denying that muslims in the UK are homophobic? And why is it that anytime some one post an article critical of muslims the usual suspects tend to bring up the past. In this case pointing out that other cultures/peoples at one time were highly homophobic? Its ok to criticize anyone except for muslims, we must tip toe through the egg shells so as not to upset the freakin muslims. We musn't offend any muslims or will have caos and blood in the streets.

I think it is foolish to lump Muslims all together
Inside UK Muslims segregate themselves according to culture, country of origin, sect, race and even gender not to mention those who are more progressives and the traditionalists

Some cultures (and races) are more prone to being homophobic than others. Islam alone does not sway it. Not to mention the intolerance/tolerance is dependent on their upbringing. Those who have just come to UK will be more intolerant than those born and raised here.

Africans for example are more homophobic than White people. But that extends past religion and is not only in Islam but Christianity as well. You just have to look to Africa to see that. Both Muslim and Christian areas target gays.

I feel like I have explained this a thousand times.

Now to answer your post, yes. I would readily admit many Muslims have a problem with homosexuality and intolerance is there with many of the groups I have had contact with anyway.
And people can criticise Muslims and Islam, it is the agenda of the critics i can question.

Last edited:
There are people who self identify with religions for merely cultural reasons in every faith.

Of course but its not as simple as people being either cultural Muslims who don't really believe in the religion and people who are crazed fundamentalist al-qaeda supporters, Most would be somewhere in the middle.

Of course but its not as simple as people being either cultural Muslims who don't really believe in the religion and people who are crazed fundamentalist al-qaeda supporters, Most would be somewhere in the middle.
Somewhere in the middle east.

Evolution has zero tolerance for homosexuality too.

Is anyone here denying that muslims in the UK are homophobic? And why is it that anytime some one post an article critical of muslims the usual suspects tend to bring up the past. In this case pointing out that other cultures/peoples at one time were highly homophobic? Its ok to criticize anyone except for muslims, we must tip toe through the egg shells so as not to upset the freakin muslims. We musn't offend any muslims or will have caos and blood in the streets.

As a nation, we're pretty homophobic ourselves.

I don't think we're in a position to diss the Muslims of the UK.

Just saying.

As a nation, we're pretty homophobic ourselves.

I don't think we're in a position to diss the Muslims of the UK.

Just saying.
And the poll you're basing that on is right there written with invisible ink all over your post.

Only a portion of UK Muslims follow, and practice there custom to the letter. Like any extreme belief, be it Islam, christian or Judaism you will get those that adhere to an archaic tradition and those that show tolerance.

Paul

This compares to 35% in France, the most liberal, and 19% in Germany.
I wonder how it is in Arabic countries.... Criminal.

Muslims in Britain have zero tolerance of homosexuality, says poll | UK news | guardian.co.uk

The inevitable apologia of various sorts to follow.
-

This is no surprise. The treatment of women in Muslim-dominated countries is the shame of humanity; homosexuals are treated even worse. But don't bring this up, because leftists will trip over themselves to explain it away. Muslims are their favorite victim group.

This is no surprise. The treatment of women in Muslim-dominated countries is the shame of humanity; homosexuals are treated even worse. But don't bring this up, because leftists will trip over themselves to explain it away. Muslims are their favorite victim group.

The treatment of minorities in America since its inception is the shame of humanity.

How are homosexuals treated and Turkey? What about Indonesia? Albania? Homosexuality has been legal in Turkey for decades. Homosexual marriages are still not allowed under federal law in the United States. I'm guessing you've never heard of the Al-Fatiha Foundation?

Well it was YOUR post. :doh

Quit your baiting/trolling.

and here I thought he was just being nice to you.

I would have just said, "well, that's 501" and called it a day.

Especially those leftists who run a campaigns to end arms sales to Saudi Arabia...

and here I thought he was just being nice to you.

I would have just said, "well, that's 501" and called it a day.

Hey look, more trolling and baiting.

When you have anything substantial to add, don't hesitate to post it.

The treatment of minorities in America since its inception is the shame of humanity.

It was an absolute abomination, I agree. We took steps to end it though. Can't say the same for so-called moderate Muslims...

How are homosexuals treated and Turkey? What about Indonesia? Albania? Homosexuality has been legal in Turkey for decades. Homosexual marriages are still not allowed under federal law in the United States. I'm guessing you've never heard of the Al-Fatiha Foundation?

Allow me to be more specific. The treatment of women in Sunni Muslim countries is the shame of humanity, though it ain't so great in most Shia Muslim countries either. In the end, it boils down to ignorance mixed with religion; the same kind of mixture people on the left like to lament when it's Christian, but defend when it's Muslim.

the same kind of mixture people on the left like to lament when it's Christian, but defend when it's Muslim.

No one has defended anything. Like Laila said, it is the agenda that is being questioned.

Back
Top Bottom