• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poll: Trump Poised to Get Lowest Vote Ever Among Latinos

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Poll: Trump Poised to Get Lowest Vote Ever Among Latinos - NBC News

“Donald Trump is poised to get the lowest vote ever among Latinos if he becomes the Republican candidate for president, says a recent poll commissioned by America's Voice, a group that advocates for immigration reform………….

….. According to the poll, Donald Trump also garners the most unfavorable view among Latinos, with 87 percent of Latinos saying they see him as unfavorable.
By comparison, Latinos' unfavorable view of Hillary Clinton is 32 percent and her favorable rating is 61 percent………..

…….. A presidential contest between Clinton and Trump would garner a higher share of the Latino voters for Hillary Clinton, 76 percent, than Barack Obama in 2012, which was 71 percent according to Pew.

When asked if Donald Trump's views on immigration make them less likely to vote Republican, 78 percent agreed…………

I guess there is some question about Donald's claim the Hispanic folks are going to vote for him just because says some of his friends are Hispanic and he jusssss-t love the Hispanic people........

Does anyone like this guy
?

Thats not surprising all things considered

Don't worry, Trump acolytes. The Chosen One says not to believe the lying polls. He'll "do very well" with the latinos.

“Donald Trump is poised to get the lowest vote ever among Latinos if he becomes the Republican candidate for president, says a recent poll commissioned by America's Voice, a group that advocates for immigration reform………….

….. According to the poll, Donald Trump also garners the most unfavorable view among Latinos, with 87 percent of Latinos saying they see him as unfavorable.
By comparison, Latinos' unfavorable view of Hillary Clinton is 32 percent and her favorable rating is 61 percent………..

…….. A presidential contest between Clinton and Trump would garner a higher share of the Latino voters for Hillary Clinton, 76 percent, than Barack Obama in 2012, which was 71 percent according to Pew.

When asked if Donald Trump's views on immigration make them less likely to vote Republican, 78 percent agreed…………

I guess there is some question about Donald's claim the Hispanic folks are going to vote for him just because says some of his friends are Hispanic and he jusssss-t love the Hispanic people........

?

And, in my state, they are lining up to register to vote, just to vote against him. The republican party will never understand demographics, that is why they are doomed.

?

I think it was pointed out in the forum that one of the most probable names for a Clinton advocate was Juan.

Umm, Trump got the votes of a majority of latinos who are registered republicans.

Do you really think that's the same thing as the majority of latinos?

And you believe that is a smart question to start a debate with?

By this time in the process, it has become very clear what we are seeing with the GOP. For a long time the Wall Street wing of the party dominated, controlled and generally go their way as to policy, platform, and candidates. The Main Street wing of the party saw their issues given lip service but precious little else. Now with Trump, the Main Street wing has emerged in control and dominant and the Wall Street wing is reduced to scrambling in a last ditch effort to regain their control.

No matter who wins at the Convention - Trump or Cruz - both men will lose in a landslide in November because they both have little support among latinos, blacks and the biggest group of them all - women. And every white man in American is not voting Republican.

The GOP will also see massive down ticket losses as well causing a flip in control of the Senate.

This will cause the Supreme Court to also slip to progressive control over the next years and for a longtime afterwards.

The only alternative is to reject both Trump and Cruz in favor of someone like Ryan who theoretically has a better chance in November - but only on paper as doing that would so divide the party as to cripple it for the time being and maybe even destroy it in the long run.

Funny thing is that after Romney's defeat in 2012 every expert, even the ones the GOP hired told the GOP that to win in 2016 that have to make nice with Latinos and women.

Then Trump comes along and makes Latinos and women even madder at the GOP now than they were in 2012.

More and more of these polls are going to show that in the general election Trump can not win. Which means the Republican Party will become more and more desperate to stop him.

That will make the Republican convention 'must see TV'.

Funny thing is that after Romney's defeat in 2012 every expert, even the ones the GOP hired told the GOP that to win in 2016 that have to make nice with Latinos and women.

Then Trump comes along and makes Latinos and women even madder at the GOP now than they were in 2012.

More and more of these polls are going to show that in the general election Trump can not win. Which means the Republican Party will become more and more desperate to stop him.

That will make the Republican convention 'must see TV'.

The Trump people seem to be pushing the idea that there is more addition than there is subtraction. Even if the GOP fails to add latinos and blacks and some more women as their study indicated they should do there is another way. And that way is adding the disaffected, the alienated , the usual non voter. These are much of the 40% who never vote or participate in the process - perhaps because they feel it does not work for them.

Will that work? Well, it has worked to some extent in some of the primary states. Would it work in November? I really cannot see how.

And, in my state, they are lining up to register to vote, just to vote against him. The republican party will never understand demographics, that is why they are doomed.

The mindless gaggle leading the pack down the road to the cliff either thought of the consequences or don't care...........For me, I think both

I think it was pointed out in the forum that one of the most probable names for a Clinton advocate was Juan.

And your point is............." I hate them folks? And the Clinton's too"

The Trump people seem to be pushing the idea that there is more addition than there is subtraction. Even if the GOP fails to add latinos and blacks and some more women as their study indicated they should do there is another way. And that way is adding the disaffected, the alienated , the usual non voter. These are much of the 40% who never vote or participate in the process - perhaps because they feel it does not work for them.

Will that work? Well, it has worked to some extent in some of the primary states. Would it work in November? I really cannot see how.

He is going to draw some pissed off people who usually don't vote, and probably some blue collar Indy's and Dems too. Besides the racist element he is pandering to, IMO most other Trump supporters are just fed up with the GOP kissing the asses of big business and the rich. The GOP NEVER takes the side of the working man anymore. And yeah there's people in the Dem party who are pissed off about that too. So they will vote Trump.

But the thing is he's too crazy, he's too nutty. That turns people off. So while he'll attract some people who usually don't vote, or vote Dem, he's also going to scare many, many MORE people who will vote for anyone but him.

Short of a major economic collapse, like what happened in 2008, I don't see how Trump, or Cruz can win in November. Both scare the hell out of too many people.

And your point is............." I hate them folks? And the Clinton's too"

I am not the hating kind. Hating is a silly waste of time. So, what is your point?

I am not the hating kind. Hating is a silly waste of time. So, what is your point?

If not...........you fill in the blank a word more appropriate to be used for you........

He is going to draw some pissed off people who usually don't vote, and probably some blue collar Indy's and Dems too. Besides the racist element he is pandering to, IMO most other Trump supporters are just fed up with the GOP kissing the asses of big business and the rich. The GOP NEVER takes the side of the working man anymore. And yeah there's people in the Dem party who are pissed off about that too. So they will vote Trump.

But the thing is he's too crazy, he's too nutty. That turns people off. So while he'll attract some people who usually don't vote, or vote Dem, he's also going to scare many, many MORE people who will vote for anyone but him.

Short of a major economic collapse, like what happened in 2008, I don't see how Trump, or Cruz can win in November. Both scare the hell out of too many people.

Good thing Trump isnt the epitome of those types of policies...

The good news is: Trump will never be elected to the Oval office, due many factors, no one can get elected to the highest office in the land when not only is the "other" Party against him, but the leadership of the Party he claims to represent and the majority of voters in that Party do not support them. Simple as that. Now for the bad news: that means the Democratic candidate does win, can you say President Hillary Clinton, might want to learn to.

I agree with your analysis. In the end, there is far more subtraction from the normal Republican electorate than addition that Trump provides.

Does anyone like this guy?

Well you don't follow the delegate count , what a clueless question ! :roll:

[/SIZE][/U][/B]

Well you don't follow the delegate count , what a clueless question ! :roll:

Obviously there are people who like Trump.......... millions upon millions of people and the evidence is just ike you indicate in the primary votes. There is no doubt about that.

But the question comes down to math - does Trump add more than he subtracts from the normal GOP voter turnout? It looks like I and others feel he subtracts more.

However, having said that I also must give the man a tremendous amount of credit for breaking the standard GOP pattern and mold. For a long time now the main street part of the GOP has been used and abused and tossed away like so much spent kleenex by the wall street faction who always seemed to get their way. It appears that they now are saying they have had enough and they will not longer be content to ride in the caboose where they have to stand up for the ride while the country club set rides in the club cars dining on steak and fine wine.

So I give him huge props for that development.

I view Trump as an important transitional figure who could change the party and politics in the nation. That depends on how the pieces are picked up and put back together after the November Republican disaster hits.

In every presidential election Moderates and Indy's pick who is the POTUS. So Trump winning in NY, a closed primary state means little. Yes he has support with Republican voters, but in the general election far more than just Republicans vote.

In general election polls in NYS Trump is losing by 20 points to Clinton. In the national polls he's losing to Clinton by 10+ points.

Trump is not liked in NY, or NJ. When factoring in moderate and Independent voters his primary win in NY is pretty much meaningless.

Back
Top Bottom