• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Poll that's never been wrong since 1946 signals GOP keeps House

If you voted republican you have given your tick of approval to trump as well. So cut the "I dislike trump' crap.

Nah. Grown Ups have the ability to discern differences.

Nah. Grown Ups have the ability to discern differences.

Trump is the face of the GOP, and modern American conservatism. There's no way around it. I know you're one of the few GOP voters who doesn't worship that scumbag, but like it or not, Trump is a Republican president that was elected by Republican voters, and is currently mostly supported by the GOP and GOP voters.

Trump is the face of the GOP, and modern American conservatism. There's no way around it

OOH. I can do it to:

"James Hodgkinson is the face of the DNC base, and modern American leftism. There's no way around it."

We can do this all day. It's easy!

"[Person who does bad things or whom I don't like] Is Emblematic Of Everyone Who [Holds position I disagree with]" is a game that never gets old :)

....except for people who are more interested in thought than self-reinforcing tribal emotions.

I know you're one of the few GOP voters who doesn't worship that scumbag, but like it or not, Trump is a Republican president that was elected by Republican voters, and is currently mostly supported by the GOP and GOP voters.

Sure. That in no way means that (for example) a vote for Ben Sasse is "giving your approval to Trump".

It's a ridiculous idea. What - if I vote for a Republican Representative but a Democrat for Sheriff, am I giving my approval to both Trump and Hodgkinson/Pelosi/Avenetti/Whomever?

This is sometimes hard for both the President and his most dedicated opponents to hear, but - not everything is actually about him. :)

Come on people...cheer up. EVERYBODY...cheer up. THESE are the people that are about to be in charge of the budget....

People that cant afford insurance are not investing in home buying today because...well...they cant afford 200 a month for healthcare and STILL arent buying homes and unlocking economic activity...buying homes, cars, etc...but...with......more taxes...and ummm not having to pay for the healthcare that she already says they arent paying...ummm....

This is the future!

I think Hank Williams ought to be the chairman of outer islands affairs in order to make certain that none of our
island are too heavily populated on one side. After all we have to make sure none of these islands tip over &
Johnson who has an eye for that possibility is definitely the man for the job.
Dood definitely has a head for science.

OOH. I can do it to:

"James Hodgkinson is the face of the DNC base, and modern American leftism. There's no way around it."

We can do this all day. It's easy!

"[Person who does bad things or whom I don't like] Is Emblematic Of Everyone Who [Holds position I disagree with]" is a game that never gets old :)

....except for people who are more interested in thought than self-reinforcing tribal emotions.

Sure. That in no way means that (for example) a vote for Ben Sasse is "giving your approval to Trump".

It's a ridiculous idea. What - if I vote for a Republican Representative but a Democrat for Sheriff, am I giving my approval to both Trump and Hodgkinson/Pelosi/Avenetti/Whomever?

This is sometimes hard for both the President and his most dedicated opponents to hear, but - not everything is actually about him. :)

Millions of Republican voters voted for Trump to be the leader of their political party and ideology. All this despite the GOP BEGGING them NOT to vote for him in the primaries. Don't be angry at me, be angry at your fellow GOP voters for throwing away their turn in power by supporting that idiot. They had 17 candidates to choose from. That they chose the Reality T.V. star birther is the fault of the GOP base, nobody else.

Come on people...cheer up. EVERYBODY...cheer up. THESE are the people that are about to be in charge of the budget....

People that cant afford insurance are not investing in home buying today because...well...they cant afford 200 a month for healthcare and STILL arent buying homes and unlocking economic activity...buying homes, cars, etc...but...with......more taxes...and ummm not having to pay for the healthcare that she already says they arent paying...ummm....

This is the future!

Welp, guess we know how ole Vance voted (as if anyone had any doubt...)

Millions of Republican voters voted for Trump to be the leader of their political party and ideology. All this despite the GOP BEGGING them NOT to vote for him in the primaries. Don't be angry at me, be angry at your fellow GOP voters for throwing away their turn in power by supporting that idiot. They had 17 candidates to choose from. That they chose the Reality T.V. star birther is the fault of the GOP base, nobody else.

Moreover, the GOP voters came out and voted for Trump in the primaries in greater numbers than they have for any Republican primary candidate in history and that is despite the field of 17 candidates. Trump is the ultimate Republican. He enjoys very strong support among the GOP base. In fact, he has stronger support among evangelicals than any president ever. Think about that, the most racist candidate since George Wallace gets more Republican primary votes than any candidate ever. That tells you all you need to know about today's Republican Party.

Moreover, the GOP voters came out and voted for Trump in the primaries in greater numbers than they have for any Republican primary candidate in history and that is despite the field of 17 candidates. Trump is the ultimate Republican. He enjoys very strong support among the GOP base. In fact, he has stronger support among evangelicals than any president ever. Think about that, the most racist candidate since George Wallace gets more Republican primary votes than any candidate ever. That tells you all you need to know about today's Republican Party.

Yep, and the GOP is entirely to blame for it due to them radicalizing their base. They realized how badly they screwed up during the primaries, and tried to BEG their voters NOT to vote for Trump, but it was too late. Years of race baiting and anti Obama nonsense was already ingrained, and the seeds were planted for someone like Trump to thrive.

Gosh the latest polls have really tightened in many races in favor of Republicans. I saw a union leader today come out in support for Republicans. That has to be a first. RCP already has McCaskill losing and the GOP picking up 2 senate seats for sure. MO. and ND. Latest polls for Tester and Donnelley are well within the MoE. And McSally has pulled ahead in AZ. And did you see the latest poll on Stabenow and John James in MI? Wow! Stabenow has gone from double digit lead last month to just +3! Something is happening out there.

You're sitting there stewing because you're taking things Trump says personally. Why not just enjoy peace and an excellent economy like I do?

You're sitting there stewing because you're taking things Trump says personally. Why not just enjoy peace and an excellent economy like I do?

The guy responsible for that is no longer in office. The guy running the show now is doing everything possible to screw things up, including implementing policies he used used to criticize back when Bush was president.

Press is reporting large voter turnout, no repeat of 2016. There will be tears, but not Democratic ones. It would be worth it to see Speaker Pelosi, and some Right wing heads popping, sweet !!

We will know in a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom