• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Poll that's never been wrong since 1946 signals GOP keeps House

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Just goes to show how effective lying has become.

ROTFLOL... too funny...

I voted republican, but kind of want the democrats to win as I do dislike Trump and I would hope that would send him a message... but This would be the best outcome.

One of my favorite things about the 2016 elections, were all the crying democrats afterwards. If republicans actually keep the house, it would be so glorious we would need waders and boats

I voted republican, but kind of want the democrats to win as I do dislike Trump and I would hope that would send him a message... but This would be the best outcome.

One of my favorite things about the 2016 elections, were all the crying democrats afterwards. If republicans actually keep the house, it would be so glorious we would need waders and boats

Press is reporting large voter turnout, no repeat of 2016. There will be tears, but not Democratic ones. It would be worth it to see Speaker Pelosi, and some Right wing heads popping, sweet !!

Press is reporting large voter turnout, no repeat of 2016. There will be tears, but not Democratic ones. It would be worth it to see Speaker Pelosi, and some Right wing heads popping, sweet !!

I think you are going to be very disappointed. First of all, dems taking the House has been in the cards for about two years based simply upon historical averages so you wont see any 'right wing heads popping.' Plus, Pelosi may not get to be speaker. Numerous candidates pledged not to support her, so there might be a very long and contentious battle to see who actually gets the position.

That doesnt mean anything, could also be Trump has won over more independents

Bwahaha ya sure

Get used to Speaker Pelosi, ramp up those House oversight committee

Young educated folks are doing what they failed to do in 2016, they are voting.

If you voted republican you have given your tick of approval to trump as well. So cut the "I dislike trump' crap.

Lets not get too cocky. Millions of democrats didn't vote in 2016 because they thought Hillary had it in the bag and millions of Bernie supporters didn't vote cos they were pissed their man wasn't selected by the democrats.

And lets not forget the republicans are doing everything they can to stop minorities from voting and there have already been reports of voting machines being rigged in favour of the republican candidates - especially in the red states.

And one russian has already been charged for trying to interfere in the mid-term elections.

I hope the only tears we democrats shed after the votes have been counted are TEARS OF JOY.

Trust me, honey, if you undisclosed (liberals) would come up with reasonable alternatives, Trump wouldn't have gotten my votes.
If you voted republican you have given your tick of approval to trump as well. So cut the "I dislike trump' crap.

Lets not get too cocky. Millions of democrats didn't vote in 2016 because they thought Hillary had it in the bag and millions of Bernie supporters didn't vote cos they were pissed their man wasn't selected by the democrats.

And lets not forget the republicans are doing everything they can to stop minorities from voting and there have already been reports of voting machines being rigged in favour of the republican candidates - especially in the red states.

And one russian has already been charged for trying to interfere in the mid-term elections.

I hope the only tears we democrats shed after the votes have been counted are TEARS OF JOY.

Its late here in Saudi, I go to bed having faith that America will have made a course correction.

I voted for dems, but I don't agree with Pelosi on stuff, so I'd rather someone else be speaker.

That said it's better than the alternative.

There should be tears in the eyes of every worthy citizen if the republicans lose the house! Why? Imagine Maxine Watters as the chair of Financial
Services. Maxine Watters who sat & still sits on the Financial Services Committee, broke a House rule requiring members to behave in a way that reflects
“creditably” on the chamber. The committee said that by trying to assist OneUnited, she stood to benefit directly, because her husband
owned a sizable amount of stock that would have been “worthless” if the bank failed.

TARP contained language intended to apply to OneUnited. The bank eventually applied for TARP funds and received $12 million in December.
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/113309-house-ethics-committee-charges-waters-on-three-counts

If she becomes the head of Financial services I'm advising all citizens to brace themselves & start drinking heavily!

I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever believe polls again.

Did I say ever? I will never, EVER believe polls again.

Bwahaha ya sure

Get used to Speaker Pelosi, ramp up those House oversight committee

Young educated folks are doing what they failed to do in 2016, they are voting.

Well, that probably leaves you out then...

Trust me, honey, if you undisclosed (liberals) would come up with reasonable alternatives, Trump wouldn't have gotten my votes.

LOL, trust me....if you honestly believe Trump was the best choice, it wasn't the fault of "liberals".

But this is all history that has already been written. In the years to come, we're are going to see Trump supporters do the same thing that Nixon supporters did after he exited office as the most disgraced (until Trump) POTUS in history. You're all going to quietly disappear and attempt to rebrand yourselves. LOL, in 20 years, when the history of the Trump era has been written and cemented, it will be almost impossible to find Americans who will admit to having been Trump supporters.

LOL, trust me....if you honestly believe Trump was the best choice, it wasn't the fault of "liberals".

But this is all history that has already been written. In the years to come, we're are going to see Trump supporters do the same thing that Nixon supporters did after he exited office as the most disgraced (until Trump) POTUS in history. You're all going to quietly disappear and attempt to rebrand yourselves. LOL, in 20 years, when the history of the Trump era has been written and cemented, it will be almost impossible to find Americans who will admit to having been Trump supporters.

Nixon? Hell, we have a recent example of this: George W. Bush supporters. Most of the same Republicans who voted for and support Trump, are the SAME people who voted for and supported Bush for 8 years. Now...he's become a pariah within his own party, and most of his former voters call him a "RINO" and pretend that they never voted for him in the first place.

Its late here in Saudi, I go to bed having faith that America will have made a course correction.
So...you want the economy to turn to ****....

OK....makes sense.

I don't need to trust my choice of Trump over Hillary. I was right on target, and the economy confirms that every day.

I don't labor under the delusion that Trump is not a smooth operator, but I'll take his loutish, brash bluster over anyone the liberals could find in 2016. The field doesn't look much better now.

You should be ashamed to call yourself a moderate. Your post says the opposite.

There should be tears in the eyes of every worthy citizen if the republicans lose the house! Why? Imagine Maxine Watters as the chair of Financial
Services. Maxine Watters who sat & still sits on the Financial Services Committee, broke a House rule requiring members to behave in a way that reflects
“creditably” on the chamber. The committee said that by trying to assist OneUnited, she stood to benefit directly, because her husband
owned a sizable amount of stock that would have been “worthless” if the bank failed.

TARP contained language intended to apply to OneUnited. The bank eventually applied for TARP funds and received $12 million in December.
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/113309-house-ethics-committee-charges-waters-on-three-counts

If she becomes the head of Financial services I'm advising all citizens to brace themselves & start drinking heavily!
Are you kidding me? If we could get Maxine Watters to chair, Ocasio-Cortez as an economics advisor, and Hank Johnson as a senior committee member, they could turn CSPAN into a fricken Pay per View channel and balance the budget.

I for one will NOT be unhappy watching the train wreck that will be the democrat led House.

I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever believe polls again.

Did I say ever? I will never, EVER believe polls again.
At best they're a factor to be considered, but they are never the final word.

Are you kidding me? If we could get Maxine Watters to chair, Ocasio-Cortez as an economics advisor, and Hank Johnson as a senior committee member, they could turn CSPAN into a fricken Pay per View channel and balance the budget.

I for one will NOT be unhappy watching the train wreck that will be the democrat led House.

I think Hank Williams ought to be the chairman of outer islands affairs in order to make certain that none of our
island are too heavily populated on one side. After all we have to make sure none of these islands tip over &
Johnson who has an eye for that possibility is definitely the man for the job.

ROTFLOL... too funny...

I think GOP keeps the Senate. We will see. However, the dishonesty here is that they polled what people believe might happen, not how they voted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom