• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poll Shows Zelensky Leading 2024 U.S. Presidential Race

Tender Branson

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
By Andy Borowitz
March 17, 2022

In a development that could upend American politics, Volodymyr Zelensky has emerged as the front-runner in the 2024 U.S. Presidential contest.

A new poll conducted by the University of Minnesota’s Opinion Research Institute shows the Ukrainian President leading both Republicans and Democrats in the race for the White House.

According to the poll, Zelensky is the first choice of 51 percent of Americans, followed by President Biden at 23 percent, Donald J. Trump at 17 percent, and Senator Josh Hawley at half of one percent.

Davis Logsdon, who supervised the survey, said that Zelensky’s showing in a U.S. Presidential poll was the strongest ever for a Ukrainian politician.

“The fact that Zelensky was not born in the U.S. was not seen as an obstacle to his becoming the nation’s President,” Logsdon said. “And, though he does not speak fluent English, that has not historically been an obstacle either.”

Awesome.

"Satire from The Borowitz Report" (Read that again slowly)

"Satire from The Borowitz Report" (Read that again slowly)
It wouldnt surprise me if it was true though. American politicians are abysmal these days.

I'd vote for a Zelensky ticket, with Jacinda Arden as the Veep nominee. We can let Biden get some rest, and ship Donald to Moscow where he'll probably be happier anyway.

By Andy Borowitz
March 17, 2022

In a development that could upend American politics, Volodymyr Zelensky has emerged as the front-runner in the 2024 U.S. Presidential contest.

A new poll conducted by the University of Minnesota’s Opinion Research Institute shows the Ukrainian President leading both Republicans and Democrats in the race for the White House.

According to the poll, Zelensky is the first choice of 51 percent of Americans, followed by President Biden at 23 percent, Donald J. Trump at 17 percent, and Senator Josh Hawley at half of one percent.

Davis Logsdon, who supervised the survey, said that Zelensky’s showing in a U.S. Presidential poll was the strongest ever for a Ukrainian politician.

“The fact that Zelensky was not born in the U.S. was not seen as an obstacle to his becoming the nation’s President,” Logsdon said. “And, though he does not speak fluent English, that has not historically been an obstacle either.”

Awesome.
Borowitz get's another one.

I know it's satire, but I don't get why I'm supposed to find this funny. And no, it's not because I'm offended. It's not edgy and therefore can't be offensive. What is the humor angle here, exactly?

I know it's satire, but I don't get why I'm supposed to find this funny. And no, it's not because I'm offended. It's not edgy and therefore can't be offensive. What is the humor angle here, exactly?
I think it's not so much "this is humorous or comical" but "huh, that's cool to think about, and nice side-dig on our existing leadership while we're at it" aka basically The Onion.

I remember seeing an actual poll back during the Obama vs. Romney race where someone actually asked people who they would vote for in a race between Obama, Romney or Bill Clinton for a third term, and Clinton had something like 70%+ of the vote.

Back
Top Bottom