• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Poll Shows Obama in Double-Digit Lead

Skip

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
According to a new Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg poll, Obama holds a 12 point lead over McCain in a head-to-head match up, 49 percent to 37 percent. But when third party candidates Ralph Nader and Bob Barr are added to the list, Obama's lead over McCain extends to 15 points, 48 percent to 33 percent.

The survey is the second in a matter of days to indicate McCain may face a sizable deficit as the general election campaign kicks off. A Newsweek poll released four days ago showed the Illinois senator with a 15 point lead.

Story Here

So now it's not just the Newsweek poll. Remember when Navy Pride was saying that Obama should have a double digit lead? Well he's getting closer to that 20 point lead NP... :lol:

Story Here

So now it's not just the Newsweek poll. Remember when Navy Pride was saying that Obama should have a double digit lead? Well he's getting closer to that 20 point lead NP... :lol:

The only polls that count are the one's that NP says count:2razz:

I think the republican partisan hacks here best be prepared for a land slide loss come november. They chose the wrong candidate. The only one that they had a chance of winning with was Paul. Well sorry guys, game over.

OH NOES

Gallup Daily: Obama, McCain Tied at 45%

080625DailyUpdateGraph1_bnputed.gif

I really think it's way too early to tell. And I certainly wouldn't count McCain out of this race.

I also think Republicans did a smart thing by nominating McCain. If they would have nominated a conservative, I really think it would have been a blowout for the Dems come November. Since McCain has a history of working with Dems, I think a lot of swing voters are still considering him. While I am currently in the Obama camp, there are a few factors that would cause me to shift my support to McCain. Furthermore, i'll warrant that i'm not alone among many Independents and swing voters. Of course that's pure speculation on my part, so meh.

The next time you want to link a poll, shoot yourself instead. This is to everyone.

God, this is getting old. Liberal, conservative, Obamaist, McCainite, I don't care - shut your mouth until November.

Thank you.

The next time you want to link a poll, shoot yourself instead. This is to everyone.

God, this is getting old. Liberal, conservative, Obamaist, McCainite, I don't care - shut your mouth until November.

Thank you.

Perhaps you should avoid the US Elections forum in one of those, whatcha callit? Oh yeah, election years. If you aren't interested in reading about the election that is.

Perhaps you should avoid the US Elections forum in one of those, whatcha callit? Oh yeah, election years. If you aren't interested in reading about the election that is.

An oldie but a goodie...

opu12_07comp_lr.jpg

Last edited:
Perhaps you should take a note from recent history and realize that polls don't mean ****, especially in June. You can beat your little drum all you want about this poll and that poll, but it doesn't mean jack **** because it is nothing more than a poll in June. Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Obama is the favorite right now, but I believe after the conventions and the debates, it will be a lot closer than you think. Honestly, I believe this will be closer than the 2000 election, but then again it's just June and things are likely to change. :roll:

Skip said:

I'm interested in the elections. What I'm not interested in is the difference in one of your "polls" as far as how many people would change their vote between June 10 at 11:00am and June 10 at 1:00pm.

Besides...it's not like these things are accurate anyways. It's just a little soapbox for Kool-aiders like yourself to chest-thump for a minute.

Thank you.

I disagree. Polls can be very useful to a campaign to give them a lay of the land and show them where they need to focus. For instance, right now Obama is doing very well in Iowa, but is only barely scraping ahead in Michigan. Therefore, Obama should focus more on michigan than Iowa. Thank you polls.

Thank you.

You do of course have the option of not clicking on the thread titled "Poll Shows Obama in Double-Digit Lead". Ever hear of the idea that "if you don't like what's on the radio, turn the nob"?

I don't understand the hate for polls in a thread titled "Poll Shows Obama in Double-Digit Lead" either.

I don't understand the hate for polls in a thread titled "Poll Shows Obama in Double-Digit Lead" either.
It's less of a hatred for polls and more of amusement that someone would actually take stock in one this early (or at all as far as I'm concerned).

Last edited:
Here's a poll you guys might be interested in.

Chances of winning the 2008 Election.

The Government - 100%
The American People - 0%

Great NP, so now you finally going to bank on that?

yeah....but probably at the bankrupt "belly-up" bank that he has told us all some many time we can "bank it"....only to be proven wrong.....:doh

Back
Top Bottom