• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

POLL SHOCKER: Sununu Beats Biden for Prez in New Hampshire Head-to-Head

Tender Branson

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Posted to Politics
April 18, 2022
by Michael Graham

Screen-Shot-2022-01-19-at-9.54.56-PM-300x300.png

If the 2024 election were held today, and the two candidates for president were Democrat Joe Biden and Republican Chris Sununu, the GOP governor would trounce Biden in New Hampshire 53-36 percent.

That was just one of the many problematic findings for Biden from a new NHJournal poll released Monday night.

The poll also found Granite Staters believe America is on the wrong track by a nearly 3-to-1 margin (64-23 percent), and only 14 percent “strongly approve” of how Biden is doing his job.

poll-4-18-biden-sununu-1024x285.png

On the question of whether Biden would be “physically and mentally up to the job” if America faced a crisis like war or another pandemic, a solid majority – 54 percent – said no.

“New Hampshire voters are angry and frustrated, and these brutal numbers make clear that in November, they intend to hold President Biden fully accountable for everything, from inflation and a porous border to Will Smith slapping Chris Rock at the Oscars,” said veteran GOP strategist Jim Merrill, who has worked on multiple presidential campaigns in New Hampshire.

poll-4-18-biden-old-1024x252.png

“Concerning 2024, the silent primary is already underway, and these numbers make clear that President Biden’s re-election hopes are dead in the water, while the speculation about a potential presidential candidacy by Gov. Sununu is – and will continue to be – very much alive,” Merrill added.

Biden’s problem isn’t Republicans. In America’s current polarized politics, having a job approval of just 13 percent with GOP voters is expected. But Biden’s numbers among Granite State independents are disastrous: 34 percent approve/61 percent disapprove. And 63 percent say they have little or no confidence that he is mentally and physically able to handle a crisis.

(...)

A very unorthodox poll, because it's a state that Biden won by 7 against Trump - but they tested Biden at a polling low, against the incumbent Republican governor of New Hampshire who is among the most popular governors in the country.

Sununu therefore enjoys a huge home state advantage over Biden, but outside NH no voter knows who Sununu is ...

Is anyone from New Hampshire ?

I heard that Sununu is more of a moderate Republican, and what's best ... he hates Trump.

And despite this, Republicans in NH absolutely love Sununu. He gets 70% job approval ratings there.
Trump is better than mainstream Republican politicians.

Biden should not run in 2024 under any circumstances.

I think both parties could use new candidates.

Yeah, Biden & Trump are pretty demented and shine no good light on the US.

The Republicans could run Chris Sununu, Charlie Baker, Larry Hogan or Nikki Haley.

The Democrats could run ButtiPete, Laura Kelly, Andy Beshear or Roy Cooper.

Posted to Politics
April 18, 2022
by Michael Graham

If the 2024 election were held today, and the two candidates for president were Democrat Joe Biden and Republican Chris Sununu, the GOP governor would trounce Biden in New Hampshire 53-36 percent.

That was just one of the many problematic findings for Biden from a new NHJournal poll released Monday night.

The poll also found Granite Staters believe America is on the wrong track by a nearly 3-to-1 margin (64-23 percent), and only 14 percent “strongly approve” of how Biden is doing his job.

On the question of whether Biden would be “physically and mentally up to the job” if America faced a crisis like war or another pandemic, a solid majority – 54 percent – said no.

“New Hampshire voters are angry and frustrated, and these brutal numbers make clear that in November, they intend to hold President Biden fully accountable for everything, from inflation and a porous border to Will Smith slapping Chris Rock at the Oscars,” said veteran GOP strategist Jim Merrill, who has worked on multiple presidential campaigns in New Hampshire.

“Concerning 2024, the silent primary is already underway, and these numbers make clear that President Biden’s re-election hopes are dead in the water, while the speculation about a potential presidential candidacy by Gov. Sununu is – and will continue to be – very much alive,” Merrill added.

Biden’s problem isn’t Republicans. In America’s current polarized politics, having a job approval of just 13 percent with GOP voters is expected. But Biden’s numbers among Granite State independents are disastrous: 34 percent approve/61 percent disapprove. And 63 percent say they have little or no confidence that he is mentally and physically able to handle a crisis.

(...)

A very unorthodox poll, because it's a state that Biden won by 7 against Trump - but they tested Biden at a polling low, against the incumbent Republican governor of New Hampshire who is among the most popular governors in the country.

Sununu therefore enjoys a huge home state advantage over Biden, but outside NH no voter knows who Sununu is ...
Biden will not run in 2024. He will have to be removed by his own party before them. Other than progressives and very far-leftists, his own party hates him. CNN and MSNBC are even exposing his lies and not letting him get away with "This is Putin's inflation and gas hike"

Dont know how that is a shocker. Biden running against a turnip would be a close race...with the edge going to the turnip. Anyone that cant see him as worse than anything they could have ever imagined is just a true believer.

It is not unheard of that Presidential candidates get big home state advantages:

Bush won Texas by 24 points, far more than Republicans before or after (Trump+6 in 2020).

Mitt Romney, a Mormon, did far better in Utah than other Republicans (but he had 2 home states with Massachusetts).

Trump moved to Florida before the 2020 election and won by 5, when he lost nationally by 5. Which means Florida voted 10% more Republican than the US, when it was voting like the US before or only slightly more Republican. Meaning that Trump got a home state effect in Florida.

No surprises here. At least this isn't one of the Trumpist OPs trying to run victory laps based on Biden polling, because the stupid there is downright painful.

I, nay we, told you that a festering dog turd would get votes before Trump because that's how legitimately bad he and his policies are. Perhaps the one good thing he did was agree to the Warp Speed program.

I'm not sure how Biden ended up pulling through the primary. To the extent I've talked about it with others, nobody I know voted for him then.

Of course he's going to have poll numbers. By and large we did not vote for Biden in anything but the technical sense. We voted against Trump in the way that would most hurt his election prospects and a known dull quantity got the benefit. 🤷

Last edited:
Posted to Politics
April 18, 2022
by Michael Graham

(...)

It's no shocker. I live in NH. Sununu is an EXTREMELY popular governor.

Is anyone from New Hampshire ?

I heard that Sununu is more of a moderate Republican, and what's best ... he hates Trump.

And despite this, Republicans in NH absolutely love Sununu. He gets 70% job approval ratings there.

I live in NH. Sununu isn't a Trump lover by any means. Which is part of why everyone who isn't a moron still respects him. Most people in this state think (correctly) that Trump is a piece of shit.

Sununu is moderate, yes. That's part of his charm.

The Republicans could run Chris Sununu, Charlie Baker, Larry Hogan or Nikki Haley.

Chris Sununu, Charlie Baker or Larry Hogan would get my vote. Nikki Haley would not.

I think he isn't running. He knows how old he will be at the end of that term.

He needs to step aside for one of the younger ones.
Yeah hopefully we can get someone who wasn't alive for the signing of the Declaration of Independence into office.

Biden should not run in 2024 under any circumstances.

I agree.

But, it's very tough to not let an incumbent follow through. They have a high preponderance of winning.

That being said, I don't think Joe's going to run. His place was as a (Trump) spoiler and placeholder.

No way Republicans will ever run anything this time around, besides a Trumpian.

But on the Dem's side, I like Buttigieg.

Chris Sununu, Charlie Baker or Larry Hogan would get my vote. Nikki Haley would not.

I would be happy with Sununu . . . except he's a Republican!

20 years ago, I could vote GOP. I've done it in the past. But, my conscience won't let it fly today.

Back
Top Bottom