• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poll of Public

Patrickt

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
"After a sustained onslaught of negative publicity, you would think that Americans had lost faith in the police, but a recent poll in Philadelphia gives some insights on the regard ordinary people really have for the men and women in blue.

In the city of Brotherly Love, a whopping 72 percent of respondents to a recent Pew poll said they had either “a great deal” or “a good amount” of respect for officers, a year on year increase of 5 percent for the city’s peacekeepers. Sixty percent of black, and 60 percent of Latino residents expressed the sentiments."

Most Americans trust — and need — the police | New York Post

As a practical matter the police do have a lot of support. It was my experience that in the neighborhoods with a majority of minority residents the complaints about police were generally at not doing enough to make the neighborhoods safe.

One of the many problems today is a media that is serving it's political masters and not the public.

One of the many problems today is a media that is serving it's political masters and not the public.

Truer words were never spoken.

There was a time when the major news networks simply reported the news, without bias, and in an objective fashion.
Those days are long since gone.
:doh

Truer words were never spoken.

There was a time when the major news networks simply reported the news, without bias, and in an objective fashion.
Those days are long since gone.
:doh

I missed those halcyon days but I'm only 75. When I was very young, my grandfather explained the rules for being a citizen. One was, "You have to read both newspapers, Pat. They both lie but if you read both you can sometimes figure out what's going on." He never dreamed of a day when America's enemies would control both papers.

In the city where I lived one newspaper was Democrat and the other Republican. They hired only from their respective parties. One of the jokes was where the Republican paper found enough Republicans to get a newspaper out. They both joyously announced their bias. There was none of the, "We're unbiased providers of the news," horse****. Now we have Chris Mathews of MSNBC telling us he's unbiased, middle-of-the-road.

Sadly, for the liberals, the media is doing their duty to their rulers but the public is not falling in line. If the police would return to being a part of the community they serve things would be even better.

Back
Top Bottom