• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Poll of polls

2016 is too fresh in memory.....

We'll see come November. Still got the debates and all as well.

If anyone can **** up a "sure thing", it's the Democrats.

You betcha he is toast.

This will eventually be seen as the most important election since Lincoln's.

The Dems will usher in radical changes demanded by BLM & other radical groups (reparations, abortion on demand, high taxes for the rich, no university entrance requirements for certain folks, moving low-cost housing into middle-class neighborhoods, cops prohibited from carrying guns, etc.).

Hopefully, the opposition will keep its cool & unite to oppose the Dems in every legal manner.

The country is a-changing, and everyone must adjust as best as s/he can.

Some may eventually decide to emigrate to more comfortable countries, but there are not many of those left anymore.

I'm 83. I feel so sorry for the young people who will have to deal with an increasingly dysfunctional nation & world.

The economist has a regularly updated aggregation of may polling sources, looks like Trump is f****d:

View attachment 67294934

Okay, so who are you (and this article) trying to convince?

How many times do I have to ask this question? :unsure13:

If you believe this to be true, then fine.

If you think you are going to change anyone's votes by it, then IMO think again.

First, Trump's support among Republicans is undiminished. Don't count those hold-out's who didn't vote for him in 2016, they are no loss.

Second, his support has grown among Black and Hispanic Americans. Poll: Trump approval rises among black, hispanic voters amid convention | TheHill

Third, we already know that many people, especially among Independent's, are afraid to voice their political views, Poll: 62% of Americans Say They Have Political Views They’re Afraid to Share | Cato Institute

I have no idea who will win come Nov. 2020, but I will vote for Trump's re-election.

Time will tell if this will be a repeat of 2016...with the MSM and opponent's using every resource to "predict" he will win...only to find he snatches victory again.

The Democratic Party does seem fairly determined to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

The Dems will usher in radical changes demanded by BLM & other radical groups (reparations, abortion on demand, high taxes for the rich, no university entrance requirements for certain folks, moving low-cost housing into middle-class neighborhoods, cops prohibited from carrying guns, etc.).

Sounds awesome.

Biden turned out to be a much better candidate than I gave him credit for but this election is all Trump. We are going to turn out in record numbers because of Trump. He is driving all of this. The debates will be a stupid cluster**** of Trump yelling fake news at the mods and calling Biden names.

I’ve read projections of of in excess of 150 Americans participating in this election. ****storm of epic proportions heading the GOP’s way.

I'm not arguing the polls are 100% reliable as a predictor nor do I claim that every poll is 100% reliable.

What I did say that this is updated daily and its inputs are numerous other polls, it is an aggregate and that is of some value in statistics (which is all this is).

Also this time Trump is the incumbent, Biden isn't as controversial as Hilary, a possible woman president is not a possibility, rioting, Covid, four years of Trump lying through his teeth, big big differences.

CNN said:
At this point in the 2016 race. Clinton had a 1.1-point lead over Trump in the national polling average. Right now, Biden has a 9.1-point average lead over Trump in national polls.

Sidebar: Biden's lead is larger than all but four past races at this point: Bill Clinton in 1996 (15.2-point average lead) and 1992 (13.7) and Ronald Reagan in 1984 (12.1) and 1980 (11.3).

Additionally many of those who would have voted for Trump may be dead by November because they refuse to wear masks and so will get what's coming to them.

Last edited:

Ain't that the goddamn truth. It's so infuriating how they constantly snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Okay, so who are you (and this article) trying to convince?

How many times do I have to ask this question? :unsure13:

If you believe this to be true, then fine.

If you think you are going to change anyone's votes by it, then IMO think again.

First, Trump's support among Republicans is undiminished. Don't count those hold-out's who didn't vote for him in 2016, they are no loss.

Second, his support has grown among Black and Hispanic Americans. Poll: Trump approval rises among black, hispanic voters amid convention | TheHill

Third, we already know that many people, especially among Independent's, are afraid to voice their political views, Poll: 62% of Americans Say They Have Political Views They’re Afraid to Share | Cato Institute

I have no idea who will win come Nov. 2020, but I will vote for Trump's re-election.

Time will tell if this will be a repeat of 2016...with the MSM and opponent's using every resource to "predict" he will win...only to find he snatches victory again.

Apparently you think this forum is only for making posts to recruit votes into one's camp and not discussing the state of the politics that are. Weird. I'm pretty sure everyone posting here already has their minds made up so...

:coffeepap

Sounds awesome.

When the Dems take over, I'm going to get a sex change and then have a baby implanted in my belly so I can then abort it just because I can and it'll be happening on every block.

How was the polling in 2018?

This is an important point.

Trump was not a candidate in 2018, the polling was relatively accurate, just like it had been before 2016.

Trump voters throw off the polls. Especially rural Trump voters, who are underrepresented in many polls.

Did you see the Monmouth poll just out where Biden won by 7 points, yet 48% thought Trump will win the election, compared to 43% who thought Biden will win?

That’s a whole lot of people who don’t believe the polls, and not just Republicans.

You betcha he is toast.

This will eventually be seen as the most important election since Lincoln's.

Hopefully, the opposition will keep its cool & unite to oppose the Dems in every legal manner.

The country is a-changing, and everyone must adjust as best as s/he can.

Some may eventually decide to emigrate to more comfortable countries, but there are not many of those left anymore.

I'm 83. I feel so sorry for the young people who will have to deal with an increasingly dysfunctional nation & world.

You are right. This election will be the most important election since Lincoln's, because our democracy depends upon it. Trump has all the makings of an authoritarian ruler, who uses the tools of the government itself to stay in power. If re-elected he will use those tools to become a de facto dictator, with soft authoritarianism, presiding over a regime that preserved some of the outward forms of democracy, neutralizing and punishing opposition without actually making criticism illegal. That's what Viktor Orban, of Hungary, did. But now Orban's government has used the coronavirus as an excuse to abandon even the pretense of constitutional government, giving Orban the power to rule by decree. This could happen here if Trump is re-elected. A top aide to U.S. Attorney John Durham has reportedly resigned from the Justice Department’s probe into the origins of the Russia investigation amid worries over political pressure from Attorney General William Barr.

While you claim that Democrats will "usher in radical changes" there is no evidence of that. The only inkling is if you believe the scare tactics presented on Fox. We didn't have any push under Obama to have abortion on demand nor any of the nonsense you posted Democrats would force. It's just as I said, a scare tactic, when one has no positive record to run on -- Trump hopes that demonizing his opponent will work on some voters.

Last edited:
This is an important point.

Trump was not a candidate in 2018, the polling was relatively accurate, just like it had been before 2016.

Trump voters throw off the polls. Especially rural Trump voters, who are underrepresented in many polls.

Did you see the Monmouth poll just out where Biden won by 7 points, yet 48% thought Trump will win the election, compared to 43% who thought Biden will win?

That’s a whole lot of people who don’t believe the polls, and not just Republicans.

I will vote for Biden but wouldn't be surprised if Trump pulls enough shenanigans -- such as meddling with the Postal Service and Barr issuing some kind of damning report right before the election, that puts Trump over-the-top. We already know the Russians will be active on Trump's behalf.

I'm out of the prediction business. There are 52 days til election, and we don't know how five things are going to impact it:

1)The debates
2)Trump's vaccine announcement October Surprise.
3)Barr's Ukraine/Durham/Biden/Corruption October Surprise.
4)How the post office and the pandemic are going to affect turnout and vote counting, and
5)How Trump and the Republican Party are going to respond to continued counting of absentee ballots after November 3rd.

52 days in present terms is equivalent to a year.

Apparently you think this forum is only for making posts to recruit votes into one's camp and not discussing the state of the politics that are. Weird. I'm pretty sure everyone posting here already has their minds made up so...

:coffeepap

IMHO, the truly funny thing is that you really think such "publications" actually reflect "the state of politics that are."

I've simply pointed out several reasons why your OP citation might not be as "accurate" as you presume.

A lifetime of experience has taught me not to count chickens before they hatch, or crow about victory before the race is won.

Time will tell. :shrug:

Last edited:
IMHO, the truly funny thing is that you really think such "publications" actually reflect "the state of politics that are."

I've simply pointed out several reasons why your OP citation might not be as "accurate" as you presume.

A lifetime of experience has taught me not to count chickens before they hatch, or crow about victory before the race is won.

Time will tell. :shrug:

1. My OP citation? I guess we all look alike to you.
  2. If I were counting my chickens I wouldn't be reguarly checking polls

Back
Top Bottom