• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

disneydude

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Pentagon poll: Most U.S. troops are OK with gays in military | battlecreekenquirer.com | The Enquirer

An internal Pentagon study finds that most U.S. troops and their families don't care whether gays are allowed to serve openly and think the "don't ask, don't tell" policy could be dropped, the Associated Press reports, quoting officials familiar with its findings.

Now that the results of the Pentagon study are known I'm anxious to hear what the anti-gay folk have to say about ending DADT.

I'm particularly interested in hearing what Navy Pride has to say, especially since he has repeatedly said that if the men/women of the military were ok with gays, that he would be ok with gays in the military as well.

Lets hear what you have to say about the results of the Pentagon poll.

Last edited:
Pentagon poll: Most U.S. troops are OK with gays in military | battlecreekenquirer.com | The Enquirer

An internal Pentagon study finds that most U.S. troops and their families don't care whether gays are allowed to serve openly and think the "don't ask, don't tell" policy could be dropped, the Associated Press reports, quoting officials familiar with its findings.

Now that the results of the Pentagon study are known I'm anxious to hear what the anti-gay folk have to say about ending DADT.

I'm particularly interested in hearing what Navy Pride has to say, especially since he has repeatedly said that if the men/women of the military were ok with gays, that he would be ok with gays in the military as well.

Lets hear what you have to say about the results of the Pentagon poll.

Unlike you DD I have said all along if the men in the U.S. Navy don't have a problem with it then I don't...I am retired so it does not affect me directly....I want to emphasize the U.S. Navy..........I think you will find that they fell like the 90 to 95 percent of the Marines who are dead against it..........

Oh and since the results of the survey are not due until 17 December I doubt the creditability of the rag caalled the Inquirer.........

Last edited:
Moving the goalposts again Navy. So when the specifics of the study are released and show the vast majority of the men in the Navy are ok with gays....what song are you going to be singing then? Or will you be a man of your word?

And your story about the Marines being against gays serving was pulled from where?

Moving the goalposts again Navy. So when the specifics of the study are released and show the vast majority of the men in the Navy are ok with gays....what song are you going to be singing then? Or will you be a man of your word?

Can you read DD? Unlike you DD I have said all along if the men in the U.S. Navy don't have a problem with it then I don't...

Let me ask you if the Navy is against lifting it will you stop your resistance?

And your story about the Marines being against gays serving was pulled from where?

Come on DD try and keep up, there is a thread about it....The figures are from the Commandant of thr MC.........

Can you read DD? Unlike you DD I have said all along if the men in the U.S. Navy don't have a problem with it then I don't...

Let me ask you if the Navy is against lifting it will you stop your resistance?

Of course not. Injustice against one is injustice against all. I don't give a rats ass what the public opinion is. Public opinion was against inter-racial mixing and it was still wrong and had to be correct.

However, I'm not the one that is hedging my bets and moving the goal posts. It will be interesting to see if you stay true to your word or if you sing a different song when the specifics of the study are released.

You mean the thread that you started where you pulled the figures from out of your.......and couldn't back up your claim. Is that the one?

Of course not. Injustice against one is injustice against all. I don't give a rats ass what the public opinion is. Public opinion was against inter-racial mixing and it was still wrong and had to be correct.

However, I'm not the one that is hedging my bets and moving the goal posts. It will be interesting to see if you stay true to your word or if you sing a different song when the specifics of the study are released.

It is and insult to all black people when you lefties try and compare their plight for wqual rights to all the fat cat gays plighe........There is a world of difference and no comparision....Shame on you DD.

It is and insult to all black people when you lefties try and compare their plight for wqual rights to all the fat cat gays plighe........There is a world of difference and no comparision....Shame on you DD.

Injustice is injustice. Shame on anyone who believes that some people are entitled to rights/privileges that others are not. There is no shame in fighting against hatred and bigotry.

You mean the thread that you started where you pulled the figures from out of your.......and couldn't back up your claim. Is that the one?

Some of your left wing friends heard the General make the comment...again try and keep up..........

Injustice is injustice. Shame on anyone who believes that some people are entitled to rights/privileges that others are not. There is no shame in fighting against hatred and bigotry.

There are injustices all over the world DD.Get use to it............To compare a grpup of people defined by the sex acts they participate in to a racial minority is outrageous........

Unlike you DD I have said all along if the men in the U.S. Navy don't have a problem with it then I don't...I am retired so it does not affect me directly....I want to emphasize the U.S. Navy..........I think you will find that they fell like the 90 to 95 percent of the Marines who are dead against it..........

Oh and since the results of the survey are not due until 17 December I doubt the creditability of the rag caalled the Inquirer.........

He never said the bolded part. Here is his quote:

I've heard at the Marine bases and the Marine input for the online survey has been predominantly negative

Nowhere that I can find does he give a figure. You can of course document where he said "90 to 95 %, since you claimed it.

I think it's time that we repeal DADT. I don't know why there is a holdup.

Because closed minds and old attitudes die hard.

Wouldn't it be very easy for the Democrats to pass legislation forcing it to end while they still have a majority in all branches on electable government?

Wouldn't it be very easy for the Democrats to pass legislation forcing it to end while they still have a majority in all branches on electable government?

Probably not...because there are lot of wimpy Democrats that are afraid of their own shadows and are afraid of being branded as pro-gay rights even when the overwhelming majority of Americans are ok with gays serving in the military.

Probably not...because there are lot of wimpy Democrats that are afraid of their own shadows and are afraid of being branded as pro-gay rights even when the overwhelming majority of Americans are ok with gays serving in the military.
QFT. The Democrats are only slightly more brave than the Republicans at this point. Anyway, they used up all their political capital on health care.

Until the Pentagon study is presented to congress on Dec 1, it would be difficult to get anything through the senate.

They tried and they failed miserably..........The dems have to go back and get reelected and they know that a vote to repeal DADT could finish them.....they are gutless......

They tried and they failed miserably..........The dems have to go back and get reelected and they know that a vote to repeal DADT could finish them.....they are gutless......

The real story:

It failed by 3 votes, with 2 dems voting against it, one for procedural reasons(Reid voted no so he can bring it back up at any time). Further, if Reid had to tried to tie it with immigration legislation it is very possible it would have passed as at least 1 republican indicated a willingness to vote yes to repeal DADT itself.

You are right and wrong. You are correct that many of the Democrats are gutless....but the public overwhelmingly supports the repeal of DADT and overwhelmingly favors allowing gays to serve openly in the military. The vote would not hurt them at all.

Back
Top Bottom