• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poll: Majority of GOP voters want someone other than Trump

...yet only a minority think that the convention should replace him with someone who is both conservative and sane.

The military doesn't want Trump either. They think he's nuts. I think they are right.

Basically because of the proportional awarding of delegates. 40% of the GOP primary voters voted for him, 60% against. But due to the large field at the beginning 17 candidates and the fact those against Trump couldn't settle on a candidate, Trump won. Even though Trump ranted and raved against the nomination or primary rules, they worked greatly in his favor. He won 40% of the vote and over 50% of the delegates.

Was Trump a consensus pick, no. He didn't come close to a majority of the vote. He won because of the rules and proportional awarding of delegates.

What is supremely ironic is that those rules were put in place by the GOP Elite for the express purpose of enabling them to guarantee THEIR guy...Jeb Bush...would be the nominee.

Trump, in effect, beat them at their own game. LOL!!

What is supremely ironic is that those rules were put in place by the GOP Elite for the express purpose of enabling them to guarantee THEIR guy...Jeb Bush...would be the nominee.

Trump, in effect, beat them at their own game. LOL!!

Exactly.

The irony here is that they don't want Trump but they voted for Trump. Could be buyer's remorse?

I strongly suspect much of the discord is the result of the polls indicating the loss of the Senate is likely, giving Madam Pres a dem controlled chamber to approve her Supreme Court nominee. The GOP gambled with the delay, it may work out against them.

ok...and 50% of democrats want sanders. what's your point? more trump hate? k.

Trump's your next president, buckle up, the gravy train is at an end.

ok...and 50% of democrats want sanders. what's your point? more trump hate? k.

Trump's your next president, buckle up, the gravy train is at an end.

Oh, no, the gravy train will be rerouted to Trump Plaza. Trump has already been pumping campaign donations into his private businesses. If he's elected I see a Trump Travel in our future and the presidential vacations will all be booked through there. And, he'll be staying at his properties with taxpayers footing the bill. I wonder if people on welfare will be forced to eat Trump Steaks and drink Trump Wine?

Having to two presumptive candidates as Mr. Trump and Sen. Clinton is embarrassing, humiliating.

You're confusing a majority with a plurality.

Not really. Majority is simply the most. One more than half is a absolute majority. But, that's irrelevant because it was an majority of what, or who. In my state, there was not vote. In other states, not every Republican got to vote. Just because more people voted for the crooked clown doesn't mean he should be the candidate or the president. Barack Obama got a majority, too, and look how he turned out. Of course, we knew what he was and he still got elected.

Back
Top Bottom