• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poll: Majority of GOP voters want someone other than Trump

The irony here is that they don't want Trump but they voted for Trump. Could be buyer's remorse?

As Dishonest Donald pointed out, he could walk out onto 5th Avenue, shoot someone, and not lose a single supporter. He attributes it to their being so smart but that's certainly arguable.

If Delicate Donald gets elected I'm going to enjoy laughing when the wall doesn't get built, the illegal immigrants don't get deported, the national debt balloons, and eminent domain runs amok. Oh, and Donald Trump goes to church as often as any other liberal Democrat politician.

I will not vote for another liberal, ever, so neither Devious Donald nor Horrible Hillary are on the ballot for me.

Parties shouldn't be held to suicide nominations if it becomes clear the chosen candidate is unviable. Trump has no working election machine, no fund raising apparatus, is reliant upon a "friendly" media to give him cover and is hoping the GOP not only organizes but foots the majority of the cost to run his national campaign.

That is before you talk about his tanking polling numbers.

Trumps dead weight, the GOP has every RIGHT to drop his dumb ass, but then, the GOP let him happen by not following through on campaign promises and backing people like "Jeb" so it's a problem of the party's own creation.

Republican voters are not the only ones to make severely bad choices this election cycle. England also just broke their country due to voters who had no grasp of the issues and even less of the consequences. It begs the question: just how far do you respect democracy and just how much rope do you give a populace to make ruinous decisions? If we held a referendum to launch all of the United States into outer space right now, are we obligated to build space shuttles and leave the earth and wander the cosmos Battlestar Galactica-style? Or can we expect Obama to say, "Hahahaha, guys......no."

Or...do we accept that ignorance is a natural element in democracy and accept whatever outcome results?

Last edited:
Republican voters are not the only ones to make severely bad choices this election cycle. England also just broke their country due to voters who had no grasp of the issues and even less of the consequences. It begs the question: just how far do you respect democracy and just how much rope do you give a populace to make ruinous decisions? If we held a referendum to launch all of the United States into outer space right now, are we obligated to build space shuttles and leave the earth and wander the cosmos Battlestar Galactica-style? Or can we expect Obama to say, "Hahahaha, guys......no."

Or...do we accept that ignorance is a natural element in democracy and accept whatever outcome results?

We'll disagree on that one, I think Brexit was a great idea and after an initial economic hit the UK will make a strong come back

We'll disagree on that one, I think Brexit was a great idea and after an initial economic hit the UK will make a strong come back

People have not been able to communicate in any cogent way why the leave from Brexit was a good idea. There are, however, numerous tangible benefits to remaining in the EU. 52% of the UK's voters made a completely uninformed decision on Thursday, and the notion that London will remain as economically strong as it is now is naive in the extreme. Holding that view demands not knowing what the EU did for them.

The Wizards of Smart never cease to amaze me. Heres the plan;

1. Throw Globalism in the crapper where it belongs.

2. Admit that the EU "experiment" was a massive failure.

3. Use technology and selective trading to close out the Chinese and the Russians.

4. Conquer Mexico FINANCIALLY(don't worry loonybirds, I don't want their tacos).

5. Close our borders to RISK. Remember, before we can have anything good, we must be secure.

6. Find and identify ALL global and domestic threats, kill them, torch them and dig huge ditches where their rotting carcasses can be bulldozed.

7. Become energy independent ASAP. After 20 years of eating sand sandwiches, the Saudis might decide to rethink their priorities.

No sweat! Now, don't let the pansies out there try to guilt you into anything stupid.

Hey now! I didn't nominate this moron. I voted for Rubio.

But yeah. Way too many ambitious politicians kinda screwed us, there.

The lame RINO establishment is being voted out of power because they stabbed their constituents in the back. Basically the RINO establishment legacy is one of abject failure, and now they're being called to account. (Better late than never).

The RINO establishment Republicans are a bunch of gutless spineless cowards, and long after they lost the primary to the upstart Donald Trump they were still trying to tell him what to do. These fools just don't get it, they're out, gone, finished. Their gravy train is coming to a grinding halt. It's happening all over the world too, not just here in the US of A. People are tired of progressives ramming their unwanted agendas down our throats, and they need fearless leaders instead of wimps and simpletons.

btw, Rubio's foreign policy advisor was reason enough not to vote for him.

Parties shouldn't be held to suicide nominations if it becomes clear the chosen candidate is unviable. Trump has no working election machine, no fund raising apparatus, is reliant upon a "friendly" media to give him cover and is hoping the GOP not only organizes but foots the majority of the cost to run his national campaign.

That is before you talk about his tanking polling numbers.

Trumps dead weight, the GOP has every RIGHT to drop his dumb ass, but then, the GOP let him happen by not following through on campaign promises and backing people like "Jeb" so it's a problem of the party's own creation.

lol :)

Nothing but desperation and sour grapes.

But you go ahead and vote for Hillary, see what it gets you.

The lame RINO establishment is being voted out of power because they stabbed their constituents in the back

[emoji38] no they aren't. A while bunch of GOP Congress critters faced primaries this year. You know how many lost? One. A congresswoman in North Carolina who was endorsed by Trump.

Pretty much every one of them got their seat resecured, a progressive RINO who thinks it's all about making deals with other liberals and trading favors is at the top of the ticket, it's a good year for them. Just not for conservatives.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

lol :)

Nothing but desperation and sour grapes.

But you go ahead and vote for Hillary, see what it gets you.
Nah. Renae and I are #NeverHillary and #NeverHerDonors.

...yet only a minority think that the convention should replace him with someone who is both conservative and sane.

Which doesn't make any sense at all. I mean, whose convention is it, anyway?

What do you think will happen at the convention, BTW?

Which doesn't make any sense at all. I mean, whose convention is it, anyway?

What do you think will happen at the convention, BTW?
I think there will be a quickly squashed attempt to make trouble, and a lot of "insiders say" leaks about how everything is a mess, followed by Trump being nominated. :(

I think there will be a quickly squashed attempt to make trouble, and a lot of "insiders say" leaks about how everything is a mess, followed by Trump being nominated. :(

I'll bet you're right...but I hope you're wrong.

What is it the say...........

You made your bed.............

...yet only a minority think that the convention should replace him with someone who is both conservative and sane.

It is too late, the GOP is stuck with him, sad.

I also voted for Rubio, I have a very very very hard time voting for Trump and likely won't. I think Hillary is more despicable and disgusting so I'll likely vote 3rd party in protest of the current nominees.

I also voted for Rubio. I also won't be voting for Trump in November. Nor will I vote for Clinton. The first time since 1980 I am unable to vote for either candidate from the major parties for President. How sad is that?

In the 2012 presidential election when Romney got 93 percent of the GOP vote, he still lost badly to BO. What's the point to be made, here? That traditional GOP voters are in the minority, maybe? A winning presidential candidate that doesn't wish to thoroughly socialize the US will have to have some strong crossover support? Sigh. Some elites still don't or won't get this. Maybe elites can eliminate the popular vote portion of the election process?

I also voted for Rubio. I also won't be voting for Trump in November. Nor will I vote for Clinton. The first time since 1980 I am unable to vote for either candidate from the major parties for President. How sad is that?

Rubio acted too much like a spoiled kid. The GOP should have picked Kasich this year, as he is the only one who can beat Hillary, and he would beat her convincingly.

Last edited:

Then why did Trump win the primary???

Trump got about 45% of the vote, when all was said and done.

So, basically, he's managed to keep the portion of the GOP base who supported him in the primary.... and that's about it.

How could it happen that the GOP's base put the party in the position of making the majority of the GOP unhappy? It seems the GOP needs to restructure itself, it's base, and appeal, right? People keep saying there is a coming civil war in the GOP. Is there anything you would like to see happen?

There was a CNN polls that pretty well backs this up.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2016/images/06/21/rel7b.-.2016.general.pdf

Question 5, 48% of Republicans want someone else, 51% still want Trump. Rasmussen also had a poll that stated virtually the same. I suppose the bottom line is that it is about 50-50. One can say that about half of all Republicans are not at all happy that Trump is their nominee.

But with all the enemies Trump made of Republicans during the primaries with his attacks on them, his bullying tactics and threats, it should come as no surprise. Besides, Trump won the nomination receiving 40% of the vote, 60% of all Republicans voted for someone else, they didn't want him.

Then why did Trump win the primary???

Basically because of the proportional awarding of delegates. 40% of the GOP primary voters voted for him, 60% against. But due to the large field at the beginning 17 candidates and the fact those against Trump couldn't settle on a candidate, Trump won. Even though Trump ranted and raved against the nomination or primary rules, they worked greatly in his favor. He won 40% of the vote and over 50% of the delegates.

Was Trump a consensus pick, no. He didn't come close to a majority of the vote. He won because of the rules and proportional awarding of delegates.

Back
Top Bottom