• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poll: GOP favorability drops as Dem favorability stays steady

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...bility-drops-as-dem-favorability-stays-steady

The Republican Party’s favorability among Americans appears to have suffered following the longest government shutdown in U.S. history, although views of the Democratic Party have remained steady, according to a new Gallup poll released Wednesday.

The GOP’s favorability fell to 37 percent, down from 45 percent in September when it had been the most favorable rating for the party since 2010 after the successful confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.
========================================
I thought it was only The Donald who was down in the dumps but it's the entire Repub party as well.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...bility-drops-as-dem-favorability-stays-steady

The Republican Party’s favorability among Americans appears to have suffered following the longest government shutdown in U.S. history, although views of the Democratic Party have remained steady, according to a new Gallup poll released Wednesday.

The GOP’s favorability fell to 37 percent, down from 45 percent in September when it had been the most favorable rating for the party since 2010 after the successful confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.
I thought it was only The Donald who was down in the dumps but it's the entire Repub party as well.

I suspect you will be seeing a steady erosion of support. It is becoming increasingly obvious Trump has no plan, no idea of what the nation needs and an agenda that only speaks to his own self interests.

It has not filtered through to the rank and file Trumphead the consequences of losing the shut down show down. The words "I will be proud to shut down the government for border security" will continue to echo against the obvious; there is no need for troops or a national emergency but a huge need for humanitarian aid as people are dying, children at that.

Frankly, the Excited States looks atrociously cruel and inhumane, separating children from their parents, locking them in cages ...this is not how Americans want to see themselves; instead of Bruce Willis come to save the day you have an orange version of a vampire sucking the blood out of the country so he can feel "tough".

All I can say is I thought I had seen the worst of America in the 60's in the treatment of blacks, this makes that look like a Sunday in the ****ing park and its ****ing disgusting.

I suspect you will be seeing a steady erosion of support. It is becoming increasingly obvious Trump has no plan, no idea of what the nation needs and an agenda that only speaks to his own self interests.

It has not filtered through to the rank and file Trumphead the consequences of losing the shut down show down. The words "I will be proud to shut down the government for border security" will continue to echo against the obvious; there is no need for troops or a national emergency but a huge need for humanitarian aid as people are dying, children at that.

Frankly, the Excited States looks atrociously cruel and inhumane, separating children from their parents, locking them in cages ...this is not how Americans want to see themselves; instead of Bruce Willis come to save the day you have an orange version of a vampire sucking the blood out of the country so he can feel "tough".

All I can say is I thought I had seen the worst of America in the 60's in the treatment of blacks, this makes that look like a Sunday in the ****ing park and its ****ing disgusting.

It can’t help their poll numbers that the three intelligence chiefs just told Congress that Trump has been wrong about Iran, North Korea and ISIS. Trump could only have made matters worse for himself by tweeting the Intelligence heads should go back to “school”, a reminder that his own schooling comes from the messages he receives from “my gut”.

Trump is going to drag the GOP down into the gutter the way Bush did during his presidency. Then a Democrat will get elected, clean up the GOP's mess, and then Fox News and talk radio will blame everything on Democrats. Rinse and repeat.

Trump is going to drag the GOP down into the gutter the way Bush did during his presidency. Then a Democrat will get elected, clean up the GOP's mess, and then Fox News and talk radio will blame everything on Democrats. Rinse and repeat.

I doubt the comparison, and believe we may see something new and different. One, the GOP Senate is in rebellion. Trump has been told to step aside and "let is do our work" publicly by GOP leaders.

Two, Nancy Pelosi is NOT the target, she's the bait. So, as we set our sights on 2020, less than two years away, various Republicans are being touted as a possible contender for the nomination against Trump. Meanwhile women in America are organizing, often across party lines and threaten to become a force, or third party in their own right.

If Democrats stick to their intended plan to attack Trump 'policies' and not his personality or behavior that famous "base" we hear about will decompose rather quickly; as demonstrated by his drop from mid forties to mid 30's amid the stupid shut down and his boast "I will be proud to shut down the government".

Their problem will be holding back their own zealots who want Trump's tiny balls bronzed and mounted; he's a natural born victim so they need to tread lightly, rationally and with reason or risk feeding the frenzied, frenetic and ferocious base who are prone to believe anything that doesn't make any sense.

I will predict this, if the government is shut down a second time, Trump AND the Republican party may as well disappear from the political landscape like a bad smell in a high wind. That was the stupidest blunder in American political history. To repeat it is insanity, but then it would not be the first time his lewdship has been out of his mind.

It can’t help their poll numbers that the three intelligence chiefs just told Congress that Trump has been wrong about Iran, North Korea and ISIS. Trump could only have made matters worse for himself by tweeting the Intelligence heads should go back to “school”, a reminder that his own schooling comes from the messages he receives from “my gut”.

And from Fox News' Fox & Friends.

We should take it as a warning sign when Trump vocally dismisses & belittles his intel chiefs en masse. Who really knows what he & Putin have planned for our future?

Trump just said they were all misquoted and they all agree with him.

We should take it as a warning sign when Trump vocally dismisses & belittles his intel chiefs en masse. Who really knows what he & Putin have planned for our future?

His traitorous fat bloated obese ass must be removed from office ASAP. He is the single greatest threat to our nation and its people in three-quarters of a century.

Obama has the same system under him of locking them in cages and separating families as well.

But of course......................TRUMP!

I get the see the worst hypocrisy of your ilk on here every day.

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but the GOP has been in the gutter for a long time. They had their feet wet when Trump made his run and as soon as he won they bowed to the golden god they had made chanting "lock her up" and kissed his feces covered ass. When he attacked the judiciary they covered their ears, when he claimed a "love" affair with Kim Un they covered their eyes, and held their tongues when he **** canned USA's relations world wide.

They made a headlong run to the bottom of the sewer, and for two years have arrogantly sneered at the those who disagree, those who saw a better way and those who suffer. Got a medical problem? Tell it to the "libruls", ha, ha, ha.

Now, the rats see the ship is leaking, their ears are raw from the **** their taking over the shut down, and now want to claim the high ground! Sorry ****heads, but you didn't give a **** when Trump was encouraging racists. The sick ****s sold their soul to the devil two years ago and he's come to collect.

Obama has the same system under him of locking them in cages and separating families as well.

Show me those Obama "cages"

Not some made up trick photo, but the real goods.

Not ONE of you can be trusted. You ALL lie. So being called a hypocrite by you is a compliment.

If you wern't here when I was holding Obama and company to task I would forgive, but you were here and you saw. So your intent of the post is a total fabrication

Trump lies on average 15 new lies a day.

Why the **** would anyone trust any of his supporters and especially you...

NOW SHOW ME THE PROOF or close the ****ing pie hole

Are you surprised? I mean, really?

The GOP has looked at times weak, ineffective, clueless, and too willing to stand behind Trump. He is destroying the GOP, which I'm sure was his goal, as I've said for years.

Trump just said they were all misquoted and they all agree with him.

Yeah, I heard that. They must have misquoted themselves judging from their televised appearances before the Committee.

Not true. This is another debunked conservative talking point. Obama did not have a policy or a system of separating children from their parents beyond that of normal law enforcement procedure. Trump instituted a policy of family separation as a deterrent against illegal immigration.

Show me those Obama "cages"

Not some made up trick photo, but the real goods.

Not ONE of you can be trusted. You ALL lie. So being called a hypocrite by you is a compliment.

If you wern't here when I was holding Obama and company to task I would forgive, but you were here and you saw. So your intent of the post is a total fabrication

Trump lies on average 15 new lies a day.

Why the **** would anyone trust any of his supporters and especially you...

NOW SHOW ME THE PROOF or close the ****ing pie hole

WOW.... I am a liar even?

Too bad you didn't do your own research on the issue before you went over the cliff again.

https://www.businessinsider.com/migrant-children-in-cages-2014-photos-explained-2018-5

lwf said:
Obama did not have a policy or a system of separating children from their parents beyond that of normal law enforcement procedure.

The children referenced in that article were unaccompanied minors. The article you referenced states, and I quote "It was not an Obama policy. It was not a Bush policy. It was not a Clinton policy. That is a fact."

The children referenced in that article were unaccompanied minors. The article you referenced states, and I quote "It was not an Obama policy. It was not a Bush policy. It was not a Clinton policy. That is a fact."

Obama separated kids.

He locked kids in a cage.

Lefties lie.

The sun comes up tomorrow.

Obama separated kids.

He locked kids in a cage.

Lefties lie.

The sun comes up tomorrow.

False. The article you posted even debunked what you are saying.

Here's some more information for you relating to claims Obama separated 89,000 kids. Nobody was separated--they were unaccompanied minors.

"In other words, the figure of 89,000 refers specifically to the number of children who arrived in the United States alone between October 2013 and January 2016 and were placed with sponsors throughout the country. It does not refer to children whom United States border agencies separated from their families, which is the case with Trump’s “zero tolerance” policy. "

Last edited:
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but the GOP has been in the gutter for a long time. They had their feet wet when Trump made his run and as soon as he won they bowed to the golden god they had made chanting "lock her up" and kissed his feces covered ass. When he attacked the judiciary they covered their ears, when he claimed a "love" affair with Kim Un they covered their eyes, and held their tongues when he **** canned USA's relations world wide.

They made a headlong run to the bottom of the sewer, and for two years have arrogantly sneered at the those who disagree, those who saw a better way and those who suffer. Got a medical problem? Tell it to the "libruls", ha, ha, ha.

Now, the rats see the ship is leaking, their ears are raw from the **** their taking over the shut down, and now want to claim the high ground! Sorry ****heads, but you didn't give a **** when Trump was encouraging racists. The sick ****s sold their soul to the devil two years ago and he's come to collect.

I agree that the GOP has been a farce for years, going back to the 1990's with Gingrich and his thugs. Trump is just the final result of all that political extremism that has infested the GOP since then, which got even worse when a half black guy with a funny name was elected president by Democrats.

sssh, facts have a liberal bias. You know he's going to every right wing blog and website looking for a way to respond to you. That, or he'll just vanish like a fart in the wind now that he's been exposed as a liar. It's how they roll.

Back
Top Bottom