• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poll For Those Who Voted For Trump

Do Those Who Voted For Trump Still Support Him?

• Yes

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • Yes, but I'm starting to think otherwise

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No. I'm changing my vote in November

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
It's kind of academic at this point in history.

You have just a few choices in November:

a. Vote for Trump
b. Vote for Hillary
c. Stay home (which is the same as voting for Hillary)
d. Vote for some noble 3rd party candidate (again, the same as voting for Hillary)

It's simple for me.
I am voting against Hillary.
The most effective way to do that is (at this juncture) is to vote for Donald Trump.

But to be fair, I would vote for a rheumy, fetid puddle of dog diarrhea before I would vote for the crooked, dishonest, contemptible Hillary Clinton.
:shock:

a. Vote for Trump
b. Vote for Hillary
d. Vote for some noble 3rd party candidate (again, the same as voting for Hillary)

It's simple for me.
The most effective way to do that is (at this juncture) is to vote for Donald Trump.

But to be fair, I would vote for a rheumy, fetid puddle of dog diarrhea before I would vote for the crooked, dishonest, contemptible Hillary Clinton.

Yeah, that's pretty much where I am at this point as well.

After Trump gets his backside handed to him by Clinton in November it will be interesting to read all of the woulda,coulda,shoulda comments that will be posted by his supporters.

I'm looking forward to that.

:lol:

I'll have to make sure that I have lots of popcorn.

a. Vote for Trump
b. Vote for Hillary

It's simple for me.

I find it runny when liberal republicans try to scare conservatives into voting for a liberal like that.If you don't vote for our liberal republican,but instead vote 3rd party, stay at home or leave the ballot blank then the liberal democrat will win. I wonder if liberal democrats do the same do the same nonsense?Like a vote for Sanders is really a vote for Trump or staying at home,voting 3rd party or leaving that part of the ballot blank is really a vote for Trump.

I find it runny when liberal republicans try to scare conservatives into voting for a liberal like that.If you don't vote for our liberal republican,but instead vote 3rd party, stay at home or leave the ballot blank then the liberal democrat will win. I wonder if liberal democrats do the same do the same nonsense?Like a vote for Sanders is really a vote for Trump or staying at home,voting 3rd party or leaving that part of the ballot blank is really a vote for Trump.

I'm not a liberal republican, good sir.

And I wasn't attempting to scare anybody into ANY action or outcome.
I was just stating facts, as things stand right now.

And I stand by my earlier posting.
If you don't want a dishonest crook like Hillary Clinton back in the White House, you pretty much have to vote for Donald Trump in November.

It doesn't matter whether you like him or not (I do not particularly care for him), or whether he's the 'perfect' alternative to a crooked liar like Hillary.

You either vote for the bombastic hot dog, or you get another Clinton President, which is essentially a 3rd Obama term, by all stated accounts.
:/

First of all, I did not vote for Trump in the primary, so this thread's question doesn't apply to me - that said...

Here are my primary concerns for the November Presidential Election and how I feel the candidates fall within them (IMHO):

1) Preservation of the US Constitution - Hillary has a history of proactively working to undermine the Constitution. Currently she's working to destroy the 2nd Amendment by destroying the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 14th Amendments as well as ignoring Article V and subverting Article I. She has a history of agreeing with and furthering the infringements upon our rights by the Patriot Act and other means, as well as creating an all powerful central government which is antithetical to our federalist form of government structure. But, potentially even worse, I seriously doubt that Trump has ever read the Constitution, much less understands it. So, no good choice there. Secondly only to the Constitution is...

2) National Security / World Security - between Hillary and Trump, well, the only real option is Hillary, hands down. Then there's...

3) the Economy and Federal Spending - on this one, I have no idea who would be better or who would be worse. As I said above, Hillary has a history of creating and advocating the creation of an all powerful Central Government which I believe is a hindrance to an economy in the long term - short term Keynesian economic policies work to stimulate growth in a retracting economy, but their continued use can have the opposite effect as we're seeing now with private investment capital being held back due to uncertainty and volatility associated with a number of factors, not the least of which are monetization of federal debt and increases in federal regulations on the markets. On this one, again, I have no clue what Trump thinks or where he stands. Yet, I know that Hillary's economic and spending policies are more than just worrisome to me. Then we get to...

4) Social Policies / Government involvement in citizens private financial affairs - Both candidates seem to be completely against what I believe, which is that we as a people should be reliant upon ourselves and not the government. Given that so many of our citizens have already become relient upon the government to survive, I feel it would be immoral to remove them carte blanc. However, we do need to change the way we as a people look after those that cannot do for themselves. One way would be to give further credence to plans such as those put forward by Paul Ryan and even our own DP member, cpwill. Those that cannot help themselves, due to a physical or mental reason, should be looked out after by those of use that can. That, however, doesn't include those that can, but won't. People are not equal in their capabilities, therefore not everyone can produce equally, nor will they receive equally when it comes to income. Equal pay for equal work is wrong - equal pay for equal production is correct - merit pay, not pay based solely on job description. You do more, you get paid more. Basic government regulation of commerce to ensure a safe and healthy work place and products, and well as regulations that prevent endentured servitude and other forms of exploitation are a good thing.

I guess it comes down to this for me - Neither one of the two major candidates make me comfortable believing that they will NOT HARM this country. When I vote, it will be for the lesser of the two evils, and at this point, I cannot identify which one that may be.

If you don't want a dishonest crook like Hillary Clinton back in the White House, you pretty much have to vote for Donald Trump in November.

It doesn't matter whether you like him or not (I do not particularly care for him), or whether he's the 'perfect' alternative to a crooked liar like Hillary.

You either vote for the bombastic hot dog, or you get another Clinton President, which is essentially a 3rd Obama term, by all stated accounts.
:/

These guys just don't realize that we have had eight years of Obama because they themselves stayed home and didn't vote for McCain or Romney and now we are on the verge of losing the Supreme Court too.

After Trump gets his backside handed to him by Clinton in November it will be interesting to read all of the woulda,coulda,shoulda comments that will be posted by his supporters.

I'm looking forward to that.

I'll have to make sure that I have lots of popcorn.

As I posted elsewhere, never in my life have I ever witnessed such an appropriate example of a metaphorical slow-moving train wreck. This must be how the Republicans felt when they were watching the Dems in 1968....

a. Vote for Trump
b. Vote for Hillary

It's simple for me.

I've seen this both ways repeatedly on this forum. The idea that staying home is in essence a vote for Hillary...and staying home is in essence a vote for Trump. It can't possibly be both.

I've seen this both ways repeatedly on this forum. The idea that staying home is in essence a vote for Hillary...and staying home is in essence a vote for Trump. It can't possibly be both.

In a manner of speaking, yes, it could possibly be both.

I was speaking from the standpoint of:
a. I don't want Hillary to be the next President.
and
b. Any vote that isn't cast for an admittedly-flawed candidate like Trump has the great potential for allowing the crooked liar Hillary Clinton back into the White House.

Somebody who absolutely hates Donald Trump would turn that logic over into the similar fear of 'any vote not cast for Hillary' allowing Donald Trump into the White House, and so therefore both could be true. It all just depends upon how many fearful hard-lefties and fearful hard-righties show up at the polls in November.

As Moderate Right stated quite accurately earlier, the right-wingers and even independents who stayed home in 2008 and 2012 (out of simple apathy regarding John McCain and Mitt Romney) handed the White House to the pathological liar Barack Obama. A staggeringly-horrible state of affairs by any standard.

I've seen this both ways repeatedly on this forum. The idea that
staying home is in essence a vote for Hillary...
and staying home is in essence a vote for Trump. It can't possibly be both.

I'll be staying home but I'll be voting for Clinton.My vote will be in the mail.

I don't see why not.

If someone who would have voted Republican stays home because they won't vote for Trump, that would be essentially a vote for Hillary.

If someone who would have voted Democrat stays home because they won't vote for Hillary, that would be essentially a vote for Trump.

I don't understand why you believe that both can't be the true.

In a manner of speaking, yes, it could possibly be both.

I was speaking from the standpoint of:
a. I don't want Hillary to be the next President.
and
b. Any vote that isn't cast for an admittedly-flawed candidate like Trump has the great potential for allowing the crooked liar Hillary Clinton back into the White House.

Somebody who absolutely hates Donald Trump would turn that logic over into the similar fear of 'any vote not cast for Hillary' allowing Donald Trump into the White House, and so therefore both could be true. It all just depends upon how many fearful hard-lefties and fearful hard-righties show up at the polls in November.

As Moderate Right stated quite accurately earlier, the right-wingers and even independents who stayed home in 2008 and 2012 (out of simple apathy regarding John McCain and Mitt Romney) handed the White House to the pathological liar Barack Obama. A staggeringly-horrible state of affairs by any standard.

Ahhh, beat me to it ;)

But you re voting for a liberal republican. You can't be that conservative if you vote for Trump.

Bull****.Its what liberal republicans do every presidential election.They falsely claim that if we don't vote for their liberal republican then its a vote for the liberal democrat.They spew the lie that if you stay home, vote for someone you actually believe in like 3rd party candidate, or simply leave that part of the ballot blank then its a vote for the liberal democrat.

A corrupt lying sack of **** liberal name Donald Trump or a corrupt lying sack of **** liberal named Hillary Clinton? I vote neither. I don't trust them any farther than I can toss a four hundred pound fatman across the room.

I'm not voting for Trump, I'm voting against Hillary. There is almost nothing that Trump can do to lose my vote because I only want to keep Hillary out of the White House.

First of all, I did not vote for Trump in the primary, so this thread's question doesn't apply to me - that said...

Here are my primary concerns for the November Presidential Election and how I feel the candidates fall within them (IMHO):

1)
Preservation of the US Constitution -
Hillary has a history of proactively working to undermine the Constitution. Currently she's working to destroy the 2nd Amendment by destroying the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 14th Amendments as well as ignoring Article V and subverting Article I. She has a history of agreeing with and furthering the infringements upon our rights by the Patriot Act and other means, as well as creating an all powerful central government which is antithetical to our federalist form of government structure. But, potentially even worse, I seriously doubt that Trump has ever read the Constitution, much less understands it. So, no good choice there. Secondly only to the Constitution is...

2) National Security / World Security - between Hillary and Trump, well, the only real option is Hillary, hands down. Then there's...

3) the Economy and Federal Spending - on this one, I have no idea who would be better or who would be worse. As I said above, Hillary has a history of creating and advocating the creation of an all powerful Central Government which I believe is a hindrance to an economy in the long term - short term Keynesian economic policies work to stimulate growth in a retracting economy, but their continued use can have the opposite effect as we're seeing now with private investment capital being held back due to uncertainty and volatility associated with a number of factors, not the least of which are monetization of federal debt and increases in federal regulations on the markets. On this one, again, I have no clue what Trump thinks or where he stands. Yet, I know that Hillary's economic and spending policies are more than just worrisome to me. Then we get to...

4) Social Policies / Government involvement in citizens private financial affairs - Both candidates seem to be completely against what I believe, which is that we as a people should be reliant upon ourselves and not the government. Given that so many of our citizens have already become relient upon the government to survive, I feel it would be immoral to remove them carte blanc. However, we do need to change the way we as a people look after those that cannot do for themselves. One way would be to give further credence to plans such as those put forward by Paul Ryan and even our own DP member, cpwill. Those that cannot help themselves, due to a physical or mental reason, should be looked out after by those of use that can. That, however, doesn't include those that can, but won't. People are not equal in their capabilities, therefore not everyone can produce equally, nor will they receive equally when it comes to income. Equal pay for equal work is wrong - equal pay for equal production is correct - merit pay, not pay based solely on job description. You do more, you get paid more. Basic government regulation of commerce to ensure a safe and healthy work place and products, and well as regulations that prevent endentured servitude and other forms of exploitation are a good thing.

I guess it comes down to this for me - Neither one of the two major candidates make me comfortable believing that they will NOT HARM this country. When I vote, it will be for the lesser of the two evils, and at this point, I cannot identify which one that may be.

Every President of the USA takes an oath to preserve,protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

That's a fact.

I'm not voting for Trump, I'm voting against Hillary. There is almost nothing that Trump can do to lose my vote because
I only want to keep Hillary out of the White House.

Not going to happen. Clinton will be moving into the White House in January.

Get ready to deal with it.

Yes, both parties play the same game - fielding candidates devoid of realistic implementable ideas, then demonizing the other candidates in hopes of getting their members to vote out of fear.

In the end, we get crap candidates no one really likes, and partway through the Presidency it becomes apparent to those that thought they did like the candidate, that the candidate either lied or can't deliver.

It shouldn't take too many election cycles for one to figure out this pattern! :2wave:

Let's put it this way: If Hillary's ideas were so overwhelmingly good, why would she spend her days criticizing Donald Trump? Wouldn't she win on the strength of her ideas (and character), irrespective of the need to paint & demonize Trump? (She can't demonize Bernie because she needs his voters, otherwise she would!)

And the GOP leaders and pols may be even worse: They spent 8 years (8 y-e-a-r-s!) running against one guy (Obama)! Where was their ideas & legislation to move the country forward?

It's a charade! These parties have little to offer, besides their desire for personal power, influence, and riches - driven by their greed & lust for power and its spoils, prostituting themselves to the masses they consider their proles, hoping to be put into a position of power allowing them to plunder!

Not going to happen. Clinton will be moving into the White House in January.

Get ready to deal with it.

Whatever happens happens, at least I fought against the pantsuited bitch.

As I posted elsewhere, never in my life have I ever witnessed such an appropriate example of a metaphorical slow-moving train wreck. This must be how the Republicans felt when they were watching the Dems in 1968....
Is this your way of telling us:

"We haven't seen anything yet - wait 'till we get to the convention"!

Exactly.

Because, it's semantics!

Just curious how you stand now.

You should have included a fourth choice: did not vote for Trump so we could view poll results.

Now should I give you a false positive or negative for your statistic?

Back
Top Bottom