• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poll For Those Who Voted For Trump

Do Those Who Voted For Trump Still Support Him?

• Yes

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • Yes, but I'm starting to think otherwise

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No. I'm changing my vote in November

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
To the bolded:

It would be interesting to see this forum subset's marital histories ...

That's never entered my mind, however, it's a very good point. I, too, would like to see this subset's marital status as related to their opinion as to the validity of an oath taken?

I vote from Mexico, I pay my taxes from Mexico, and I can laugh at Trumpkins and Clintonistas from Mexico. I am not only a U.S. Citizen but I am an American. We aren't required to live in Chicago or Detroit but can live where we choose.

Well at least U have not turned in your US Citizenship, because many have.

But I would not want to be a Mexican either.

Trump offers a chance to halt the decline of America into a leftist failure like Venezuela. This isn't an election America can afford to get wrong. 8 more years of leftist policies will destroy what is left of our economy. If you like what you see in Venezuela, move there.

Trump offers a chance to halt the decline of America into a leftist failure like Venezuela. This isn't an election America can afford to get wrong. 8 more years of leftist policies will destroy what is left of our economy. If you like what you see in Venezuela, move there.

Look, it is surely too late to do reforms in a timely manner and avoid disaster, let's not oversell TRUMP 2016, MKay?

It's kind of academic at this point in history.

You have just a few choices in November:

a. Vote for Trump
b. Vote for Hillary
c. Stay home (which is the same as voting for Hillary)
d. Vote for some noble 3rd party candidate (again, the same as voting for Hillary)

It's simple for me.
I am voting against Hillary.
The most effective way to do that is (at this juncture) is to vote for Donald Trump.

But to be fair, I would vote for a rheumy, fetid puddle of dog diarrhea before I would vote for the crooked, dishonest, contemptible Hillary Clinton.
:shock:

exactly, I have no clue why so many alleged Republicans or conservatives or even libertarians voted for Trump in the primary but in the main election, its the only choice I have

exactly, I have no clue why so many alleged Republicans or conservatives or even libertarians voted for Trump in the primary but in the main election, its the only choice I have

I know why a lot of people voted for him in the primary, he was the best choice among the Republican possibilities. He's now the best choice among the presumtive party nominees. None of that makes him a good choice, he's just the least bad choice.

for the 1000th time, he is a traitor to his class.

No he is not.You are fool if you honestly thinks he gives a rats ass about the little guy other than to get their vote.If he never ever considered running for president he would still be donating to Hillary Clinton,Lindsey Graham and other despicable liberal and RINO scum, and praising the jobs they do. HE would still be praising the job Obama is doing and still saying the economy does better under a democrat if he never considered running for president. Its people like you that are the poster child for why many other people think you should have to take a political knowledge test before you can vote.Because people like you utter such retarded nonsense like Trump is anti-establishment when clearly he is not.And this retarded **** you spew about him being a traitor to his class.

Well at least U have not turned in your US Citizenship, because many have.

But I would not want to be a Mexican either.

I wish more U.S. citizens were Americans.

"Trump offers a chance to halt the decline of America into a leftist failure like Venezuela. This isn't an election America can afford to get wrong. 8 more years of leftist policies will destroy what is left of our economy. If you like what you see in Venezuela, move there."

So, we have an election coming up with possibly two liberal Democrats running representing the Liberal Democrats and the Republicans. Think back to what Barack Obama said to get elected and what he did when he got in office. It's a preview of Donald Trump. Donald is a liar and will say whatever he needs to say to get the presidency where he can run his personal wealth up close to what he's claimed it to be. He and Barack are both "uniters". "Hope and Change" and "Make America Great". Trump has two great interest, Donald Trump and money.

I wish more U.S. citizens were Americans.

"Trump offers a chance to halt the decline of America into a leftist failure like Venezuela. This isn't an election America can afford to get wrong. 8 more years of leftist policies will destroy what is left of our economy. If you like what you see in Venezuela, move there."

So, we have an election coming up with possibly two liberal Democrats running representing the Liberal Democrats and the Republicans. Think back to what Barack Obama said to get elected and what he did when he got in office. It's a preview of Donald Trump. Donald is a liar and will say whatever he needs to say to get the presidency where he can run his personal wealth up close to what he's claimed it to be. He and Barack are both "uniters". "Hope and Change" and "Make America Great". Trump has two great interest, Donald Trump and money.

I find it fascinating how this works at DP... I say something hopefully intelligent on some random topic, and people respond on the subject of Trump.

He sure stirs people up.

Trump +1

I find it fascinating how this works at DP... I say something hopefully intelligent on some random topic, and people respond on the subject of Trump.

He sure stirs people up.

Trump +1

"Well at least U have not turned in your US Citizenship, because many have.

But I would not want to be a Mexican either."

If this is what you said that you hoped was intelligent, then we found the problem.

"Well at least U have not turned in your US Citizenship, because many have.

But I would not want to be a Mexican either."

If this is what you said that you hoped was intelligent, then we found the problem.

THe first line is all fact, the second line is opinion based upon the fact that Mexico has extremely large problems, like for instance the government has long been fighting the drug lords for control of the place.

If you dont think what I said was intelligent then we for sure have located the problem.

Seriously.

Besides Trump being against the crummy trade deals which have deindustrialized America, he's against the invasion from the third world by both illegals and refugees. What good does it do this country to bring the world's poorest and neediest here? Don't we have enough Americans in need who we could help first?
Hey, how about that nightclub massacre in Florida? Way to go Obama. Our strength is in our diversity and all that stuff.

THe first line is all fact, the second line is opinion based upon the fact that Mexico has extremely large problems, like for instance the government has long been fighting the drug lords for control of the place.

If you dont think what I said was intelligent then we for sure have located the problem.

Seriously.

Nice try, but it wasn't any more intelligent than your first comment. Feathers are fluffy is a fact but not particularly intelligent. As for your citizenship, I have no idea and no interest. I can't imagine why my citizenship would interest you.

I find it runny when liberal republicans try to scare conservatives into voting for a liberal like that.If you don't vote for our liberal republican,but instead vote 3rd party, stay at home or leave the ballot blank then the liberal democrat will win. I wonder if liberal democrats do the same do the same nonsense?Like a vote for Sanders is really a vote for Trump or staying at home,voting 3rd party or leaving that part of the ballot blank is really a vote for Trump.

He is pretty much right, Romney got more of the white vote than even Reagan and still lost. Trump is getting only the white vote. A republican staying home is the same as voting for Hillary. Which I will be doing, Trump has no business in the White House. And neither does Hillary, but she will keep the status quo and not set us back like ol' W.

The rise of Yiannopoulos can help to explain the rise of Donald Trump. Both have attracted followers that feel silenced, ignored, and invalidated by the left. Both will continue to receive sympathy and exposure if their opponents continue to aggressively and instinctually dismiss their views. And perhaps both can be defeated—or at least weakened—through respectful and empathic discourse. More broadly, the story of Yiannopoulos is useful to understand today’s political climate. There is an ever-growing number of Americans—liberals and conservatives—who feel like their voices are not being heard. Americans are increasingly identifying with their party, race, gender, or sexuality—and are judging the quality of an argument on the identity of the speaker. A political system established to encourage discourse and compromise has succumbed to partisan bickering. In order to save it, we may need to confront those we most disagree with, listen empathically, and fight the urge to silence or invalidate them. Perhaps we can start with Milo Yiannopoulos.
Why People Love Trump: A Case Study of Milo Yiannopoulos - Harvard Political Review

WOW, great paragraph! Tight, interconnected, represents reality, meshes the big picture with the small picture.

This is a must read.

I know why a lot of people voted for him in the primary, he was the best choice among the Republican possibilities. He's now the best choice among the presumtive party nominees. None of that makes him a good choice, he's just the least bad choice.

He was NOT the best choice to win the general election in the GOP primary

He was NOT the best choice to win the general election in the GOP primary

There was no best choice. There was absolutely nobody running in the primaries worth voting for. There is nobody running in the presidential election worth voting for. He was the least bad choice.

I was just stating facts, as things stand right now.

Actually you weren't. You were stating opinion; poor ones at that.

If you were stating "facts", then somehow a vote for say...the libertarian candidate...would mean Hillary Clinton's vote total was "100" instead of "99". But that's not the case.

So no. Stating that voting 3rd party or staying home is a "vote for Hillary" is not "fact".

Actually you weren't. You were stating opinion; poor ones at that.

If you were stating "facts", then somehow a vote for say...the libertarian candidate...would mean Hillary Clinton's vote total was "100" instead of "99". But that's not the case.

So no. Stating that voting 3rd party or staying home is a "vote for Hillary" is not "fact".

We disagree, my fine independent internet friend.

And I stand by my assertions.
It is a fact that any vote not cast for the Republican candidate (assuming it's Trump, unless Bill & Hillary or the Republican old guard have him killed between now and November) increases Hillary's chance of winning the White House.

Staying home, voting for a libertarian candidate who has no chance of winning, voting for some other (ostensibly more noble) outsider candidate who has no chance of winning, all of those scenarios add up to less votes for the Republican candidate. And if enough Independents, Republicans, undecideds, and crossover Democrats fail to vote for said Republican candidate, then Hillary wins the White House.

So, in essence, any vote not cast for the Republican candidate is (spiritually, metaphorically, practically) a vote for Hillary.

And those are the facts as things stand today.

:)

We disagree, my fine independent internet friend.

You can disagree all you want, it doesn't change facts.

A vote for someone would indicate an increase in the total numbers of votes for that person.

Someone staying home does not increase Hillary Clinton's vote total in any fashion.

Ergo, when speaking about facts, staying home is factually not a vote for Hillary Clinton.

All you're giving is your opinion, not a fact.

Saying that you believe it to be "as bad as voting for Clinton" or "essentially voting for Clinton" or any other such instance of you giving your interpretation of it's greater impact is reasonable, but all those are still giving your opinion.

The only FACT is that the only way to cast a vote for Hillary Clinton is to actually cast a vote for Hillary Clinton.

That is fact. As Rush Limbaugh says, Words have Meanings. You choosing to ignore those meanings is not a legitimate grounds for disagreement on that.

You can disagree all you want, it doesn't change facts.

A vote for someone would indicate an increase in the total numbers of votes for that person.

Someone staying home does not increase Hillary Clinton's vote total in any fashion.

Ergo, when speaking about facts, staying home is factually not a vote for Hillary Clinton.

All you're giving is your opinion, not a fact.

Saying that you believe it to be "as bad as voting for Clinton" or "essentially voting for Clinton" or any other such instance of you giving your interpretation of it's greater impact is reasonable, but all those are still giving your opinion.

The only FACT is that the only way to cast a vote for Hillary Clinton is to actually cast a vote for Hillary Clinton.

That is fact. As Rush Limbaugh says, Words have Meanings. You choosing to ignore those meanings is not a legitimate grounds for disagreement on that.

This is a fact;
You are splitting hairs.
It doesn't matter whether demonstrating those other behaviors isn't 'technically a vote for Hillary', the outcome is the same.
She wins the White House.

This is also a fact;
Doing anything but voting for the Republican candidate is handing Hillary the Presidency, provided people do those harmful things in great enough numbers.

Really, friend.
I don't know why you are getting so wrapped around the axle about this.
You either vote for the Republican candidate, or you concede the Presidency to Hillary and Bill Clinton.

What's going on at your house that you have so much time to devote to pole-vaulting over mouse turds with a truth-teller like me?
I'm starting to feel flattered, frankly, that I command so much of your attention.

Say, you aren't expecting a kiss after this date, are you??
:wink:

In reading the poll again the problem is the second choice requires thinking. Seventh-Day Adventists, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Trumpkins aren't big on thinking. They have faith and that's all they need.

Back
Top Bottom