• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Poll for Fellow-Conservatives

How much support do you have for Bush43?

• 0-30%

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • 30-60%

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • 60-90%

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Above 90%

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • never had any

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
lol, no wonder some of you guys think the way you do. You do searches on the net for key words??? No wonder you find biased websites with false information.

JKD COBRA said:
lol, no wonder some of you guys think the way you do. You do searches on the net for key words??? No wonder you find biased websites with false information.

Hello...anyone home?

And just how would you propose doing a search on our deficit without using words that pertain to the subject? Besides....I said pick any link you want...they all support the view that our deficit is a serious problem.

The deficit isn't a serious problem. The spending is a serious problem. Keep the eyes focused on the cup with the nut in it.

Hoot said:
Hello...anyone home?

And just how would you propose doing a search on our deficit without using words that pertain to the subject? Besides....I said pick any link you want...they all support the view that our deficit is a serious problem.
It's ok man, I'll explain it :cool:

Just typing in a word on google isn't going to prove anything. Type in George Bush and you will get a thousand links to websites that say he is doing a bad job.

You can find respectable links, but just doing internet searches isnt the best way.

JKD COBRA said:
It's ok man, I'll explain it :cool:

Just typing in a word on google isn't going to prove anything. Type in George Bush and you will get a thousand links to websites that say he is doing a bad job.

You can find respectable links, but just doing internet searches isnt the best way.

What is the best way?

independent_thinker2002 said:
What is the best way?
That depends on you and what sources you like.

JKD COBRA said:
That depends on you and what sources you like.

I caught you complaining about a method but not having a solution. How many times have I heard about liberals whining without solutions. Mmmmmmm, the smell of irony and hypocrisy.

Haha, that is the most pathetic thing I have heard yet.

C'mon man, we are talking about finding internet links, we aren't talking about running a business, leading a group of people, or running a country.

Since I didn't tell you how to find internet links, your going to say Republicans shouldn't complain about liberals. Wow, that really is a stretch. . . .

Mmmmmmm, the smell of irony and hypocrisy.
Lol, sorry, I just had to quote this again. Your really grabbing for straws here aren't ya? It's ok man, I don't fault you for that.

JKD COBRA said:
Lol, sorry, I just had to quote this again. Your really grabbing for straws here aren't ya? It's ok man, I don't fault you for that.

You still attacked how someone searched for info without a better way. Newsflash, Ad Hominem attacks do not win debates. It is the conservative pundits' favorite way of avoiding the issue/question.

There's no point in debating with someone like JDK Cobra.

I did a search on the U.S. deficit, and used the term "U.S. deficit." What could be fairer then that to begin a search of the web? Plus...I added the point of "picking any link you like," your choice. What could be fairer then that?

The deficit spending by this administration is a serious problem...just the interest payments on that debt will bring America to its knees if we do not control our spending.

At least the Dems expect the country to pay for their spending, unlike the repubs who have borrowed and spent like drunken sailors, with no thought or care to the debt left for untold generations.

Hoot said:
There's no point in debating with someone like JDK Cobra.

I did a search on the U.S. deficit, and used the term "U.S. deficit." What could be fairer then that to begin a search of the web? Plus...I added the point of "picking any link you like," your choice. What could be fairer then that?

The deficit spending by this administration is a serious problem...just the interest payments on that debt will bring America to its knees if we do not control our spending.

At least the Dems expect the country to pay for their spending, unlike the repubs who have borrowed and spent like drunken sailors, with no thought or care to the debt left for untold generations.
the spending does have to be reigned in, no doubt about it

but the surest way to eliminate a deficit is a Growing Economy
which is what we have thanks to Bush
whereas we would be in recession or depression in all likelihood, had teh dems been in power and raised taxes
the Deficit has already come down dramatically from initial projections, and it will continue to diminish, so long as spending is reigned in

I voted 30 - 60 percent...Probably to the upper part of that but wasn't high enough for me to say 60 - 90 percent. I agree with our fight against world wide terrorism but don't believe we've been nearly ruthless enough in that fight. I also agree with his tax cuts but when will we cut spending (& I mean serious cuts that actually shrinks the size of our federal government). I am fairly conservative on moral issues like abortion. Of course Bush has been seriously disappointing on illegal immigration.

Mark A Shrider said:
I voted 30 - 60 percent...Probably to the upper part of that but wasn't high enough for me to say 60 - 90 percent. I agree with our fight against world wide terrorism but don't believe we've been nearly ruthless enough in that fight. I also agree with his tax cuts but when will we cut spending (& I mean serious cuts that actually shrinks the size of our federal government). I am fairly conservative on moral issues like abortion. Of course Bush has been seriously disappointing on illegal immigration.

if i am not mistaken
Congress says they are in the midst of cutting
and Bush said he will oblige
perhaps the buzz has worn off and he will stop spending like a drunken sailor
while i agree with tax cuts and Fed spending to kickstart the economy
it certainly has gotten out of control, and time has come for fiscal responsibility

A persons proclamation of political affiliation may not represent their true beliefs. Such is politics. It is a form of psychological warfare and I think we all know this. It is definitely a risk to take anything in terms of national politics as released by the white house at face value. President Bush has strong convictions in speech, but in action I think he is doing a poor job in representing the intentions of true Conservatives. True conservatives don't ask a country to do as we say, but only to do as we do.

Back
Top Bottom