• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Poll for Fellow-Conservatives

How much support do you have for Bush43?

• 0-30%

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • 30-60%

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • 60-90%

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Above 90%

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • never had any

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

FiremanRyan

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
now that President Bush is mid-way into his second term, how do you feel about the job he's doing in the white house? personally, i think he's made a complete 180 from his first term and has become a bit of a failure as our president.

though much progress is being made in Iraq, the pullout process of getting the country on its feet and bringing our men home is taking too long. if we were working as swiftly as we did during the initial phase of the war and with as much planning and execution, im sure we be getting closer but it just seems like things are becoming more sloppy by the day. he's also not speaking publically enough and letting the people know whats going on there. he's spending WAY too much money in every facet of the budget and his border policy sucks. aside from getting Roberts confirmed, i cant think of one think he's done right. obviously 90% of the criticism he catches from the public and the media is not deserved, but that still leaves 10% of genuinely **** poor work as a leader.

cant wait for 08 haha.

i realize this isnt a poll....it didnt work

[Moderator mode]

Added a poll...:2wave:

[/Moderator mode]

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like your starting to believe the media BS. I guess its time for you to change sides. :2wave:

FiremanRyan said:
now that President Bush is mid-way into his second term, how do you feel about the job he's doing in the white house? personally, i think he's made a complete 180 from his first term and has become a bit of a failure as our president.

though much progress is being made in Iraq, the pullout process of getting the country on its feet and bringing our men home is taking too long. if we were working as swiftly as we did during the initial phase of the war and with as much planning and execution, im sure we be getting closer but it just seems like things are becoming more sloppy by the day. he's also not speaking publically enough and letting the people know whats going on there. he's spending WAY too much money in every facet of the budget and his border policy sucks. aside from getting Roberts confirmed, i cant think of one think he's done right. obviously 90% of the criticism he catches from the public and the media is not deserved, but that still leaves 10% of genuinely **** poor work as a leader.

cant wait for 08 haha.

You are drinking the left wing koolaid my friend.........

The trouble with this poll is that is is skewed............Liberals will vote and screw up the percentages.....

galenrox said:
Dude, I'm not voting, I'm as curious as you

Dude I am sure some Liberal Bush haters are.......

I think Bush is the worst president we've had in the history of our nation, but I certainly wouldn't vote on a poll meant for conservatives. I stopped being a conservative after I saw the way the right wing fought the Clintons at every turn...it was a disgusting display, and some right wingers have the nerve to ask why the 'mean 'ol liberals' are not supporting Bush for the good of the nation? Can you blame them?

I'm frankly aghast that some people have voted over 90% approval rating for Bush?! ROTFL!!! Who are these people? Inlaws or outlaws?

I blame our education system and poor parentage.

Hoot said:
I think Bush is the worst president we've had in the history of our nation, but I certainly wouldn't vote on a poll meant for conservatives. I stopped being a conservative after I saw the way the right wing fought the Clintons at every turn...it was a disgusting display, and some right wingers have the nerve to ask why the 'mean 'ol liberals' are not supporting Bush for the good of the nation? Can you blame them?

I'm frankly aghast that some people have voted over 90% approval rating for Bush?! ROTFL!!! Who are these people? Inlaws or outlaws?

I blame our education system and poor parentage.

worst president in the history of the nation? :rofl

How soon people forget Dimmy Carter :roll:

TurtleDude said:
worst president in the history of the nation? :rofl

How soon people forget Dimmy Carter :roll:

Carter didn't leave a deficit that will take 200 some odd years to pay off.

Hoot said:
Carter didn't leave a deficit that will take 200 some odd years to pay off.

IF FDR had not imposed the NEW Deal on the nation, the power of the government to run up deficits would have been much limited.

If Jimmy Carter had dealt with the Iranian bandits properly, we wouldn't be in this war now

TurtleDude said:
If Jimmy Carter had dealt with the Iranian bandits properly, we wouldn't be in this war now
FYI, Team Bush is molly coddling one of the Iranian terrorist organizations who backed the taking of the hostages, the Mojahedin-e Khalq.

But as most every bit of info re Teaqm Bush and the MeK is so heavily fnorded I won't be surprised if you can't read and remember reading this.

Simon W. Moon said:
FYI, Team Bush is molly coddling one of the Iranian terrorist organizations who backed the taking of the hostages, the Mojahedin-e Khalq.

But as most every bit of info re Teaqm Bush and the MeK is so heavily fnorded I won't be surprised if you can't read and remember reading this.

an interesting point. Last summer a fellow in another one of our offices served in Iraq and had to deal with the MEK. We were briefed on his experience as working in their compound guarded by US military in Iraq. Yes they are listed as a "terrorist" organization but his take was very interesting. Many of them have close contacts with relatives living in America-many of them are intellectuals or professionals and reject the myths and anti-intellectualism of the fundis and wahabists. From what I gather they are trying to unseat the fundi regime in Iran and are thus seen as useful by this administration

TurtleDude said:
From what I gather they are trying to unseat the fundi regime in Iran and are thus seen as useful by this administration
More of the Admin's folly. Outside of the Mek and Team Bush, very few folks see the org as having a snowball's chance. Siding w/ Saddam in the Iran-Iraq war turned them into the Monafeqin-e Khalq in the eyes of their fellow Iranians.

Simon W. Moon said:
More of the Admin's folly. Outside of the Mek and Team Bush, very few folks see the org as having a snowball's chance. Siding w/ Saddam in the Iran-Iraq war turned them into the Monafeqin-e Khalq in the eyes of their fellow Iranians.

is your constant bashing the Bush administration out of a sense that if they would listen to you they would do better or are you a buchananite GOP'er who hates US involvement in foreign lands?

Just what is the purpose of your constant criticism. No administration is perfect but I find Bush infinitely superior to Kerry

wow, i am from from moving to the left. on the contrary, its hard to believe someone is a true conservative or supports the Republican party if they are happy with Bush.

like i said, he is a horrible war time leader. i supported the war in Iraq and still do to this day, but i would like to be more informed on our progress. Bush NEVER talks about it and when he does its just the same script handed to him everytime. "we will see our way through this" doesnt cut it. i guess it just amazes me that in the era of mass media he seems to make less public appearances that ******* George Washington.

he has done NOTHING about immigration.

he is NOT pushing for oil drillling in the mainland states.

he spends more than any Democrat i can thing of.

he is NOT helping Delay.

we know nothing about Harriet Miers but were supposed to trust him? i trust many politicians but not Bush, someone who talks big game to get support from fellow Republicans yet fails to follow up on any of it.

and to this day he has NOT identified our enemy in the war on terror. if any of you think that George Bush is half as good of a president as his dad or Reagan, you're nuts.

Last edited:
FiremanRyan said:
wow, i am from from moving to the left. on the contrary, its hard to believe someone is a true conservative or supports the Republican party if they are happy with Bush.

like i said, he is a horrible war time leader. i supported the war in Iraq and still do to this day, but i would like to be more informed on our progress. Bush NEVER talks about it and when he does its just the same script handed to him everytime. "we will see our way through this" doesnt cut it. i guess it just amazes me that in the era of mass media he seems to make less public appearances that ******* George Washington.

he is NOT helping Delay.

we know nothing about Harriet Miers but were supposed to trust him? i trust many politicians but not Bush, someone who talks big game to get support from fellow Republicans yet fails to follow up on any of it.

and to this day he has NOT identified our enemy in the war on terror. if any of you think that George Bush is half as good of a president as his dad or Reagan, you're nuts.

Yawn-bashing the Republican President doesn't help the party

bush has followed up on his promises

I pay attention to the people put on the trial courts and the appellate courts
The Justice Department's official position on gun rights is far better than the position of the Reno DOJ
We Got tax cuts which are h elping the economy
Bush did commence a war on terror-who are you to say it would have been done better by a dem or another GOP

You didn't see the dems whining about Clinton's screw ups when they had the 1998 midterm elections coming up

Thats just your opinion. And unfortunately, the facts arent on your side with this one. Are there things I wish our President was doing differently? Yes. But am I unhappy with him? NO. I find it hard to believe that someone who is a true conservative or supports the Republican party could be UNHAPPY with Bush.

He is NOT a horrible war time leader. I can't even imagine having Kerry as a war time leader. It is a very scary thought. What more information do you need? He has told you exactly what the plan is. You can't expect him to give away specific details. Because that would just help our enemy. You are not out there fighting. You are watching TV. So don't tell me you need more information.

And like I said before, you have bought into the media BS. And the statement I quoted above proves it. Bush is not a President that feels the need to tell the media everything he does. And why would he? The media always bashes him and always spins things in a negative way about him. The media is AGAINST him. So why would he run to the media for everything? Would you go run to someone who hates you to talk to them all the time? NO. Bush is the type of person who gets the job done without all the talking. He tells you what he is going to do and he does it.

And you prove that with your OWN words when you said this:
Bush NEVER talks about it and when he does its just the same script handed to him everytime.
Bush has been saying the same things that he said 4 years ago. That is a GOOD thing. This PROVES that he is consistent and honest. This PROVES that he DOES what he SAYS. Would you rather have a president that talks to the media all the time and changes his story each time he talks? NO.

he is NOT helping Delay.
It really sounds like you just watched CNN for 10 minutes. The answers to your questions are out there. All you have to do is read. Everytime he mentions drilling here, the liberals and environmentalist cry and complain and he gets bashed on the media.

Again, this is just liberal talk. This is just your opinion. The facts don't support your statement. Don't sit here and claim to be a conservative. You like to say your a conservative so then you can say " look how smart I am, I am a conservative and I hate Bush, I am a very enlightened person." I don't know why some people do that. Maybe its so you can make the libs on this site like you, I really don't know. But I do know that you are not in the majority.

TurtleDude said:
is your constant bashing the Bush administration out of a sense that if they would listen to you they would do better or are you a buchananite GOP'er who hates US involvement in foreign lands?
It's from a sense of obligation as a citizen in a representative republic. When the gov screws up Americans have a solemn duty to call them on it.
The Pro-War party has been deliberately deceptive. Consent based on deception is not genuine consent. W/o the consent of the governed, the gov has no just powers.

I think we need to be involved w/ the world; however, invading Iraq was worse than a crime, it was a blunder.
Re the whole remake the ME scheme, like other realists such as Kissinger and Scowcroft and Baker, I see it as " a mad, hubristic dream likely to backfire with tragic consequences."

Simon W. Moon said:
It's from a sense of obligation as a citizen in a representative republic. When the gov screws up Americans have a solemn duty to call them on it.
The Pro-War party has been deliberately deceptive. Consent based on deception is not genuine consent. W/o the consent of the governed, the gov has no just powers.

I think we need to be involved w/ the world; however, invading Iraq was worse than a crime, it was a blunder.
Re the whole remake the ME scheme, like other realists such as Kissinger and Scowcroft and Baker, I see it as " a mad, hubristic dream likely to backfire with tragic consequences."

up until the going got tough both parties were the "war parties". Its easy to sit back and second guess the war effort but I really don't think that is particularly helpful. we are there now and whining about the decision to go just looks like sour grapes.

JKD COBRA said:
But I do know that you are not in the majority.
How are you defining "majority" here?

Last I checked 53% of folks do not approve of the job George Bush is doing as president.

Of course the number of folks who approve or disapprove don't have much bearing on whether or not he's doing a good job.

FYI, Team Bush is not very conservative. At least not in the regular sense of the term. They're Big-Governemnt Conservatives who favor social engineering experiments. Kind of like dehydrated water etc.

TurtleDude said:
up until the going got tough both parties were the "war parties". Its easy to sit back and second guess the war effort but I really don't think that is particularly helpful. we are there now and whining about the decision to go just looks like sour grapes.

Your sour grape perspective misses the issue of vital importance. Consent based on deception is not genuine consent. W/o the consent of the governed, the gov has no just powers.
To you, expressing concern re the usrpation of the sovereignty of the electorate, the very basis of the American Way, and the foundation of representative democracy is "whining"?

It's not second guessing. I've been expressing my concerns since before the war began.

The reason why I used the term Pro-War party is because it's made up of folks who nominally belong to more than one party.

FiremanRyan said:

he is NOT helping Delay.

I don't agree with you on most of your points but that said would you have rather had the biggest Liberal in the Senate as your president? I think not..........

Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon:
It's from a sense of obligation as a citizen in a representative republic.
Are we a representative republic? Or is it now an Oligarchy?

Simon W. Moon said:
How are you defining "majority" here?

Last I checked 53% of folks do not approve of the job George Bush is doing as president.

Of course the number of folks who approve or disapprove don't have much bearing on whether or not he's doing a good job.

FYI, Team Bush is not very conservative. At least not in the regular sense of the term. They're Big-Governemnt Conservatives who favor social engineering experiments. Kind of like dehydrated water etc.
Lol, how did I know you would bring up the approval ratings. Lol its ok, a lot of people make that mistake :doh

I am not talking about approval ratings when I say the majority. Approval ratings, (just like you said) do not mean he is doing a bad job. But you do know that even Clinton had approval ratings in the 30's and 40's? And so did every other President since the 1970's (I could be off on the year) The approval ratings of Bush are not uncommon. All recent and not so recent presidents have had approval ratings in the 40's.

What I am talking about is elections. Thats the only vote that counts. You can bring up approval ratings all you want, and talk about how many people dont like Bush, but when it comes down to the elections, the conservatives are the ones who are winning elections. So like I said, you are not in the majority.

JKD COBRA said:
... but when it comes down to the elections, the conservatives are the ones who are winning elections.
How do you explain Bush winning then?
Team Bush is not conservative. They're Big-Governemnt Conservatives who favor social engineering experiments. Kind of like dehydrated water etc.

Simon W. Moon said:
How do you explain Bush winning then?
Team Bush is not conservative. They're Big-Governemnt Conservatives who favor social engineering experiments. Kind of like dehydrated water etc.
How do I explain Bush winning? It's simple, the conservatives came out and voted.

Back
Top Bottom