• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poll finds Youngkin underwater with Virginia voters, who veer to his left on major issues

Puigb

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Virginia voters disagree with Gov. Glenn Youngkin (R) on several major issues and are slightly more negative than positive about his performance after a month in office, according to a poll from the Wason Center for Civic Leadership at Christopher Newport University.
Forty-one percent of voters say they approve of the job Youngkin is doing compared with 43 percent who disapprove, with 16 percent saying they don’t know how they feel, the poll found. While the numbers are heavily partisan — Republicans are almost universally positive and Democrats sharply negative — Youngkin’s overall approval “is certainly lower than those of recent governors in Wason Center polling early in their term,” center academic director Quentin Kidd said in a news release.

Only took a month. It never fails. GOP candidate gains power by campaigning on racial grievances and mythical anti-Democratic talking points, gains power, most people hate whatever few policies they propose, and buyers remorse comes in quickly. Good thing for sane VA voters they have a Democratic senate to keep this turd in check, but considering this was supposed to be a new rising GOP star...ahh it doesn't matter. As long as he pisses off "the libs", he's prime for fame in GOP politics, even if the majority of people think he sucks.

Those who don't like Republican candidates need to show up, or they're ****ed politically.

Democrats biggest problem is they need something to excite them to vote. Whether it's a charismatic candidate like Bill Clinton and Obama, or someone they really despise like Trump. Republicans on the other hand, whether it's a mid-term or general election, and for whatever candidate it is, always come out and vote. That's one of the main reasons why they are still very competitive despite being outnumbered.

And you're correct. Democrats apathy is the reason why these right wing morons get elected, and then they bitch and cry about it despite it being their fault that these turds gained power in the first place.

Democrats biggest problem is they need something to excite them to vote. Whether it's a charismatic candidate like Bill Clinton and Obama

No more corporatists...

That's one of the main reasons why they are still very competitive despite being outnumbered.

Along with Gerrymandering like crazy and voter suppression and disenfranchisement and cheating and corrupting our system for mega dark money donors and a massive right-wing propaganda system and political machine and and

Only took a month. It never fails. GOP candidate gains power by campaigning on racial grievances and mythical anti-Democratic talking points, gains power, most people hate whatever few policies they propose, and buyers remorse comes in quickly. Good thing for sane VA voters they have a Democratic senate to keep this turd in check, but considering this was supposed to be a new rising GOP star...ahh it doesn't matter. As long as he pisses off "the libs", he's prime for fame in GOP politics, even if the majority of people think he sucks.

Sorry that you fell for this pards.

McAuliffe ran on division and racial grievances, not Younkin.

Sorry that you fell for this pards.

McAuliffe ran on division and racial grievances, not Younkin.

Meanwhile, Youngkin's approval rating is already under water...already down to his base of voters (people like you).

Guy's already a loser, after a month.

I like polls. They remind me how the media try control us by telling us how we think.

So are polls fake again? Or are they only real when they show an EVIL Democrat in a bad light?

Those who don't like Republican candidates need to show up, or they're ****ed politically.
you bet ....don't say it doesn't matter.

So are polls fake again? Or are they only real when they show an EVIL Democrat in a bad light?

I've never quoted a poll to back me up for any position I've taken, never. Why would anyone need a poll taken by some else to justify a position?

It seems that the democratic governor was bumped out of office and the Washington post does not like that event.
He has barely been in office. But it starts........

Republican Glenn Youngkin sworn in as Virginia 74th governor on January 15, 2022!​

Youngkin also sounded his campaign themes, pledging to cut taxes, "remove politics from the classroom," raise teacher and law enforcement pay, and boost the economy. He also pledged to keep children in schools, even as the Omicron variant of COVID-19 is surging in Virginia and around the country, emphasizing the importance of in-person education.
"We know that when our children don't go to school it harms their learning and development. So let me be clear — we must keep our children in school five days a week," he said.

Take a poll in Northern Virginia and you will get Northern Virginia results.

Your governor sucks. The majority of VA voters realize that...after a month.

Your governor sucks. The majority of VA voters realize that...after a month.

Polls taken in Northern Virginia by the Washington Post will always have the results that you prefer.

The rest of the state likes him just fine.

Polls taken in Northern Virginia by the Washington Post will always have the results that you prefer.

translation: Polls show me results that don't suit my preferred narratives, so I'll dismiss them.

Your echo chamber has trained you well.

translation: Polls show me results that don't suit my preferred narratives, so I'll dismiss them.

I bet the headline hooked you, you so and linked it, even though you don't have a subscription to the site. :ROFLMAO:

#1 Just to point out, the poll was taken by CNU not the Washington Post.

#2 CNU is in the Tidewater area (Southeastern Virginia and not in Northern Virginia).

#3 The methodology of the polls indicates that it was multi- region, age, race, sex, and education with the results weighted to conform to the demographics of the state. That means in the polls random sampling of registered voters to get results, even if the sampling resulted from more respondents in Northeastern Virginia (Blue) than the Southwestern (Red), the Northeastern results would have been weighted LESS and the Southwestern results weighted MORE to provide a more accurate representation of the demographics of the states registered voters.

WW

#1 Just to point out, the poll was taken by CNU not the Washington Post.

#2 CNU is in the Tidewater area (Southeastern Virginia and not in Northern Virginia).

#3 The methodology of the polls indicates that it was multi- region, age, race, sex, and education with the results weighted to conform to the demographics of the state. That means in the polls random sampling of registered voters to get results, even if the sampling resulted from more respondents in Northeastern Virginia (Blue) than the Southwestern (Red), the Northeastern results would have been weighted LESS and the Southwestern results weighted MORE to provide a more accurate representation of the demographics of the states registered voters.

WW

I know..........I saw another link on the subject.

CNU is only 37 miles from me, and it is a liberal arts school made up of woke white leftists who hate anything conservative.

No surprise there. ;)

I'd love to see how these woke white leftists structured the questions in their poll.

translation: Polls show me results that suit my preferred narratives, so I'll post them on debatepolitics.

FTFY.

Polls frighten righties.

Polls don't scare me. But I still say polls sometimes can be more about shaping opinions than reflecting them. It's all in the way they phrase the questions.

Polls don't scare me. But I still say polls sometimes can be more about shaping opinions than reflecting them. It's all in the way they phrase the questions.
Commonly understood by folks knowledgeable of how polls are conducted.

Back
Top Bottom