• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poll: D.C. elites a world apart

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
A trend is developing recognizing and reporting the growing gap between the D.C. Power Elite and the American People.

"In their opinions on policy and politicians ranging from President Barack Obama to Sarah Palin, elites in Washington have a strikingly divergent outlook from the rest of the nation, according to a new POLITICO poll released Monday."

"The survey also reveals to a surprising degree how those involved in the policy making and the political process tend to have a much rosier view of the economy than does the rest of the nation — and, in some cases, dramatically different impressions of leading office holders, political forces and priorities for governing. "

Read more: Poll: D.C. elites a world apart - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

Power corrupts. DC is an echo chamber of what "we want to hear" and anyone NOT in DC is obviously wrong.

Read history, as those "in power" become detached from, and then completely seperated from the masses, bad things happen. Generally such occurs before the fall of a country/gov't. It's just the last step, or first pending on how you look at it, before the fires of Revolution occur.

I think, any honest person would admit that part fo the reason for example, the Tea Party has gotten where it is, is the detatchment of DC from the rest of us.

^The tea party movement is not a big movement and they will not be the revolutionaries(thank GOD). Learn history it sometimes takes decades after the people decide to start a revolution and that was in monarchies and dictatorships. This is still a democracy so as long as the leadership continues to change and people believe that change happens with a new president well we won't have a revolution till another hundred years.

^The tea party movement is not a big movement and they will not be the revolutionaries(thank GOD). Learn history it sometimes takes decades after the people decide to start a revolution and that was in monarchies and dictatorships. This is still a democracy so as long as the leadership continues to change and people believe that change happens with a new president well we won't have a revolution till another hundred years.

I wonder how large the movement is? I wonder how many people like me are out there?
I've only been able to attend one small Tea Party. (over a thousand people and only a couple hundred expected). However, I am completely behind the movement and wish I could participate more. I'm guessing the movement is a lot larger than the left wants to admit.
I agree that we are no where near a revolution. We are still a peaceful bunch that hopes to turn the country around with our votes.

Power corrupts. DC is an echo chamber of what "we want to hear" and anyone NOT in DC is obviously wrong.

Read history, as those "in power" become detached from, and then completely seperated from the masses, bad things happen. Generally such occurs before the fall of a country/gov't. It's just the last step, or first pending on how you look at it, before the fires of Revolution occur.

I think, any honest person would admit that part fo the reason for example, the Tea Party has gotten where it is, is the detatchment of DC from the rest of us.

mr v, you have to include the powerful in any sector, not just dc. most uber-wealthy people are completely out of touch with masses, as well.

I wonder how large the movement is? I wonder how many people like me are out there?
I've only been able to attend one small Tea Party. (over a thousand people and only a couple hundred expected). However, I am completely behind the movement and wish I could participate more. I'm guessing the movement is a lot larger than the left wants to admit.
I agree that we are no where near a revolution. We are still a peaceful bunch that hopes to turn the country around with our votes.

just as liberals are.

Well you are in luck. I have no affiliation with the left or right. And I can honestly say that the movement is not big. A couple thousand or close to a thousand in a metro area with over a million is nothing. The majority of the people live in metro areas where the majority of the money is. So regardless if 2000 show up in an urban area. It won't matter because there are a hundred thousand or more who don't share the sentiment that the tea party members do. And you are not the only person who dislikes the way the government is heading, in fact President Bush who was a republican helped put us in this situation. He could have fixed errors instead of letting them go by and he could have done much more then what he did. Now Republicans want to disguise themselves as Tea Party members because the rest of the nation, and the world, hates you guys. That holds lot of truth on the patheticness of the republicans. And it is a testament to this era when people cannot admit responsibility, republican and democrat.

mr v, you have to include the powerful in any sector, not just dc. most uber-wealthy people are completely out of touch with masses, as well.

Any group can be considered out of touch if you really want to break it down...

HOWEVER, the "Uber-Wealthy" live in their own world, and that's fine. Most folks wouldn't survive that world... I know what your "point" is, however I don't really react to the class envy games well.

HOWEVER, the "Uber-Wealthy" live in their own world, and that's fine. Most folks wouldn't survive that world... I know what your "point" is, however I don't really react to the class envy games well.

do all the hard righters on this forum read minds? why would i have class envy?

lol.....yeah, it's a tough world for paris hilton, isn't it? give me a break.

do all the hard righters on this forum read minds? why would i have class envy?

Generally people that rail against the "Uber-Wealthy" have envy issues, believe the wealth was ill-gotten... that sort of stuff. If you don't fall into that, my appologies, however your later comment about Paris Hilton belies the notion you lack envy issues.

a trend is developing recognizing and reporting the growing gap between the d.c. Power elite and the american people.

"in their opinions on policy and politicians ranging from president barack obama to sarah palin, elites in washington have a strikingly divergent outlook from the rest of the nation, according to a new politico poll released monday."

"the survey also reveals to a surprising degree how those involved in the policy making and the political process tend to have a much rosier view of the economy than does the rest of the nation — and, in some cases, dramatically different impressions of leading office holders, political forces and priorities for governing. "

read more: poll: D.c. Elites a world apart - andy barr - politico.com

burn them theburm them all to t he ground bur$n them!!!!!!!!1

Back
Top Bottom