• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Poll: 70% have unfavorable opinion of Trump

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
(CNN)Donald Trump's unfavorability level is at 70%, the highest since announcing his presidential campaign, according to a new poll out Tuesday.

According to the new Washington Post/ABC News survey, 7 out of 10 American adults have an unfavorable opinion of the Republican presumptive presidential nominee. That's a significant reversal from a few weeks ago when Trump's polling seemed to be trending upward. Just 29% reported having a favorable opinion of Trump in the new poll. Among Hispanic respondents, that number is 89% unfavorable

Donald Trump favorability: 7 in 10 have unfavorable view - CNNPolitics.com

It goes on to say this...

Even as Trump faces steep headwinds on hte favorability front in his presidential bid, he is helped by his presumptive opponent Hillary Clinton's own set of problems, though hers are not quite as severe. The likely Democratic nominee carries a net negative rating of -12, with 55% saying they have an unfavorable opinion of her and 43% reporting a favorable opinion.

Wowser...

The only poll that will matter will be the one in November. As much as people may dislike Trump, when they go into that voting booth and its just them and that machine, how many people will look at the continued flow of illegals into this country, the complete unwillingness of the administration to enact law, the absolute push to bring hundreds of thousands of improperly and unvetted 'refugees' into the country, and the administrations refusal to so much as BEGIN to address Fundamentalist Islamic terrorism in the US and hold their nose and vote for Trump? I would bet this election will end up a lot closer than public opinion polls say.

There IS a real and viable third party alternative to Trump and Clinton.

Yup. Each party picked the worst possible candidate that they could this time around.
Yep - just like Simon & Garfunkle lamenting 'Joltin Joe' Dimaggio in their sixties hit "Mrs. Robinson", I now turn *my* lonely eyes to Joe Bidden and wonder: "Where are you, Joe"?

My alternate musical reference would be to Murray Head's & Rodger Daltry's seventies tune, "Say it ain't so, Joe"!

Actually, Daltry I think is right on here, particularly in the bridge - but I think the whole tune is really spot-on for this election:

(Ooo Babies) Don't you think we're gonna get burned

(Ooo Babies) Don't you think we're gonna to get turned

We're gonna get burned

We're gonna get learned
Where going to get turned
Where going to get burned
Where going to get burned

Ooo learn
Turn
Burned
Ooo burned

Yea.....

The only poll that will matter will be the one in November. As much as people may dislike Trump, when they go into that voting booth and its just them and that machine, how many people will look at the continued flow of illegals into this country, the complete unwillingness of the administration to enact law, the absolute push to bring hundreds of thousands of improperly and unvetted 'refugees' into the country, and the administrations refusal to so much as BEGIN to address Fundamentalist Islamic terrorism in the US and hold their nose and vote for Trump? I would bet this election will end up a lot closer than public opinion polls say.

Oh? Who might that be?

But Hillary's numbers will improve as time goes on...and Trump's, not so much.

To butcher a line from a certain colonel in "Apocalypse Now", I love the smell of the presidential election in 2016 - it smells like...LANDSLIDE!

Hillary's numbers will get a slight bump when she finally really finishes and becomes the nominee. Then she will flatline again. Both candidates are known quantities, and this election will be about "But who do you hate more?"

But Hillary's numbers will improve as time goes on...and Trump's, not so much.

To butcher a line from a certain colonel in "Apocalypse Now", I love the smell of the presidential election in 2016 - it smells like...LANDSLIDE!
I do agree with her support numbers increasing when Sanders throws in his support and unification occurs.

But I'm not sure how greatly that will change her "favorable" numbers.

Yesterday when visiting my Mom,r she told me she was withdrawing he support from Trump because "he took a bad turn to too much", so she's voting for HRC even though she doesn't like her at all.

I wouldn't doubt if she's not alone in her thoughts.

Oh, I think it will be closer than forecast, but I see 'voting-booth anxiety' breaking the other way.

It's my experience voters tend to play it safe when the moment to pull the lever occurs. In this case, it would be evaluating a loose canon vs an unliked status quo, and I'm betting a lot of people begrudgingly and unhappily vote status quo.

Voting is like a metaphor for real-life: People often talk big, but lack the guts to follow through!

Johnson/Weld. Look at their histories in politics.
What?

Viable?

Now I am going to strongly disagree with you!

10%.

15% by miracle!

Never gonna' happen, and you can take that to the bank!

Viable you say? You can't be serious?
I'm with you here, TC.

Yup. Each party picked the worst possible candidate that they could this time around.

Not quite. The Democrat's choice is their second worst alternative. Isn't saying much though.

I do agree with her support numbers increasing when Sanders throws in his support and unification occurs.

But I'm not sure how greatly that will change her "favorable" numbers.

Yesterday when visiting my Mom,r she told me she was withdrawing he support from Trump because "he took a bad turn to too much", so she's voting for HRC even though she doesn't like her at all.

I wouldn't doubt if she's not alone in her thoughts.

To think favorably about her takes an odd mind.

I really thought Trump would back off on the extreme rhetoric once he clinched the nomination. But as in most of my predictions regarding Trump, I was wrong.

Oh, I think it will be closer than forecast, but I see 'voting-booth anxiety' breaking the other way.

It's my experience voters tend to play it safe when the moment to pull the lever occurs. In this case, it would be evaluating a loose canon vs an unliked status quo, and I'm betting a lot of people begrudgingly and unhappily vote status quo.

Voting is like a metaphor for real-life: People often talk big, but lack the guts to follow through!

I will be moving from Virginia to Texas in the near future, but it remains to be seen if it will be before the election or after. If I am voting in Texas I will have no qualms about voting my conscience and voting for a third party. And I have been planning on doing the same if I am in Virginia. That was weeks ago. If I am still in Virginia, a swing state, and the polls are close as we approach election day...man, I don't know. As horrible and disastrous as I think Hillary will be, every day Trump proves just how worse he is.

It isn't like choosing between a crap sandwich and a vomit shake, where the choice isn't obvious. It is like choosing between having one leg painfully sawed off or having two legs painfully sawed off. I really, really, REALLY don't want ANY legs painfully sawed off but if I HAVE to choose it is obvious which it will be.

What part of Texas? Why? (Just being nosy here.)

I don't see your point reflected in that data.

I see the very earliest entry as 67-13 approve/disapprove.

And from my memory, he was a block-buster candidate - a runaway sensation, with virtual rock star status.

Unless I'm missing something in your data?

People disapprove of a candidate or potus. We didn't pick a winner last time around either, now people are so disgruntled, we have to choose between Hillary and Donald.
What's the difference?

People disapprove of a candidate or potus. We didn't pick a winner last time around either, now people are so disgruntled, we have to choose between Hillary and Donald.
What's the difference?

Anybody who seriously asks that question is clueless.

Why do people post polls??? No one believes them unless they line up with what they already believe, so why waste your time???

Back
Top Bottom