• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poll: #1 Fantasy TV Series

What is your favorite fantasy TV series?

• The Dead Zone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kung Fu - The Legend Continues

• Ray Bradbury Theater

• Medium

• Bewitched (lol)

• Total voters

Sadie

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
:3oops:The idea is shamelessly copied from the #1 Sci-Fi TV Series Poll.

Last edited:
They had a TV show that lasted several seasons and a spin-off series from the original TV series.

Gabby and Xena cavorting there in the hot tub scene place the Warrior Princess head and shoulders above the rest.

even if we couldn't see too far below the head and shoulders.

what was that show that took place a few years ago in the swamps of florida where half the citizens had their bodies taken over by aliens--that was pretty good

I'd say LOST was the best fantasy series

C'mon.

Xena Warrior Princess was an unbelievably lame show. The dialog was all wrong, including modern slang and concepts totally out of period. The fight scenes were as unreal as the Matrix, but less entertaining. Xena herself was all right to look at but the show was just cheesy. The special effects looked like 1970's FX, even.

The show was a spoof of itself.

I watched a few episodes and just couldn't stand it.

C'mon.

Xena Warrior Princess was an unbelievably lame show. The dialog was all wrong, including modern slang and concepts totally out of period. The fight scenes were as unreal as the Matrix, but less entertaining. Xena herself was all right to look at but the show was just cheesy. The special effects looked like 1970's FX, even.

The show was a spoof of itself.

I watched a few episodes and just couldn't stand it.

a close friend of mine is bi-her lady friends LOVED THAT SHOW!

Gabby and Xena cavorting there in the hot tub scene place the Warrior Princess head and shoulders above the rest.

even if we couldn't see too far below the head and shoulders.

there was just enough breastage viewable of Gabriel to make me hot for her.

55 second mark is a good place to look ...
NOTE... no actual nudity, as this was all on network tv

Last edited:
Rod Serlings Night Gallery.
51xWB7JBWEL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Could I pick Heroes but JUST season one? If not, then Highlander. Honorable mention goes to any Xena or Hercules episode that had Autolycus because seriously, everythings better with Bruce.

You know, there's just not enough syndicated shows talked about. Let me see if I can list enough of them.

Beastmaster: The Series
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World
The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne
Crow: Stairway to Heaven

There was also Roar, the show that introduced Heath Ledger to U.S. audiences. More recently there's Merlin and Legend of the Seeker.

And to be honest with you, can't really categorize most of the shows in that poll as "hard fantasy." The only one that comes close is Xena; the rest are just shows with a minimum of fantastical elements, with a minimum of Twilight Zone and Bradbury Theater, but those are anthology shows and don't have a committed canonical universe. And I wouldn't consider Heroes as fantasy, nor as sci-fi - rather, it's in the comic book genre.

Which makes me consider why is it that there are so few "pure" fantasy shows on tv? Something to consider.

Heroes was cool for awhile, I hated that show though I had to watch every crappy episode until they cancelled it. It was like a spell. anyways I also like/liked:

-Xena
-Hercules
-Brisco County Jr.
-Kung Fu the Legend Continues

Back
Top Bottom